I think it was 1088 that was listed up for auction in "Sportscar " magazine
this month. It was mentioned that it was the product of left over spares
from the 60's that was built in the 80's (1 of 3). What are the members
thoughts regarding this car etc... Thanks!

Mark

I think it looks to be a terrific Gulf-spec car with no race history but all ready to go for vintage racing or street driving according to the ad.

Myself driving 1088 at Goodwood earlier this year, We carried out works to this car following its purchase from the Willment family, and this was its last test before going for sale.

Attachments

• IMG_5183.jpg
    IMG_5183.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 454

Ron Earp

Admin
Nice picture Frank, was it fun to drive?

Which are the three cars that were built up from spares in the 80s? Is 1088 the last one? And I suppose these had nothing to do with Safir?

Ron

Huge fun to drive Ron, and a great privelege to be allowed to do so. The one most pointed memory of it though was a bolt head or something just at kidney level on the left side of the seat digging in painfully, in all other espects just fantastic. The 500plus HP Gurney Weslake engine has massive power above 5000 rpm, up to 7K plus, and the original sequencial ZF gearbox on doughnuts superb. The chassis has obvious more rigidity than the spaceframes we are used to, and cornering useing the power to position the car was a delight, and so easy to drive. Frank

Back