15 inch Wheel Options

Hi all,

Going to be replacing the existing 17 inch rims on my GTD for the correct 15 inch rims.

I’ve been recommended (by the excellent) Geoff Taylor to go for 275/55R15 rather than the wider 295/50R15 Avon CR6ZZ on the rears. I’m curious to know what tyres sizes others have on their cars.

I’m also investigating which rims to go for and have been looking at these :

http://www.imagewheels.co.uk/brm6-gt40-replica-alloy-wheel/

Anyone have any experience with these and or other options I should be looking at ?

U.K. based btw

Cheers,
Simon.

Last edited:

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Hi Simon, my preference is 15" too. You may have already checked this, but first of all, you need to be sure that the existing brake disc diameter / caliper combination will accommodate 15inch wheels.
If the discs have been chosen to fill the 17" wheel, they will be too large for the 15" and you would have to go smaller.
I you search my threads, you will see what disc size (I think it was 310mm) I ended up with to fill my 15" wheels.

Pic
REAR GTD.jpg

Hi Simon, my preference is 15" too. You may have already checked this, but first of all, you need to be sure that the existing brake disc diameter / caliper combination will accommodate 15inch wheels.
If the discs have been chosen to fill the 17" wheel, they will be too large for the 15" and you would have to go smaller.
I you search my threads, you will see what disc size (I think it was 310mm) I ended up with to fill my 15" wheels.

Thanks Dave. I have Geoff Taylor doing exactly that tomorrow

Last edited:

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Posts 185 and 216 of my build log (Classic Car Developments Chassis #3) show Avon 295s on 12 x 15 rims.

Thanks Eric.....looks awesome

Any issues with clearance or rubbing with the rear deck ?

No issues at all. I have the stock faux knockons that have "GT Developments" stamped on the inside...I have 215s on the front. Wish I would have gone up a size although THEY possibly might rub. IDK...

Back