#18 SLC Eagle racing at 25hr Thunderhill

(After watching that video)

My GAWD..talk about traffic! No wonder the lap times are all over the map. I have been at this race twice now and had no idea that is what it can look like at some points in the 'race'.

That is a battle of survival, not racing. :)

BTW: Those guys are cheating - they don't use the Cyclone turn, using that 'pussy' car turn instead. Losers :)

(After watching that video)

My GAWD..talk about traffic! No wonder the lap times are all over the map. I have been at this race twice now and had no idea that is what it can look like at some points in the 'race'.

That is a battle of survival, not racing. :)

BTW: Those guys are cheating - they don't use the Cyclone turn, using that 'pussy' car turn instead. Losers :)

Ha Ha.... I agree, I have taken the cyclone so many times I lost count, but it still requires comittment.

Congrats to the Eagle. I'm pretty sure the SLC ran a faster lap time than the overall winner, but as was said previously, it's a race of survival.

How did the GTM entry fare?

Fast lap of the race was put in by the No. 17 Davidson Racing Norma, a time of 1:42.999 on lap 66. (This was the Davidson Team's other car, which went out very early in the race. The #18 SL-C Eagle had the 2nd fastest lap of 1:44. on lap 503, I believe.

The #17 , Davidson Team's other car, named "Norma"
561078_411448572261819_1797918072_n.jpg

The fastest qualifier was the #48 SR3 Radical

1:42.315 , which ran out of gas immediately after crossing the finish for qualifying.
( This is a car weighing slightly more than 1500LBS, with only 300 HP. Hope some of you HP crazy guys take note!)

The #48 Radical

990.jpg

70 cars took the green flag.
47 cars took the checkered flag.
Winner covered 6 laps or 1,953 miles
Largest single make in the race was 27 Mazda Miatas.
Oldest car in the race a 1969 Datsun 510, newest 2013 Mazda2, 2013 Scion FR-S, 2013 Acura ILX (2

A crew from NBC Sports followed Factory 48 Motorsports, 949 Racing, Davidson Racing and Hankook Tire/El Diablo throughout the weekend collecting footage for a documentary style program focusing on the triumphs as well as the hardship of the teams while competing over 25 hours. The show will air sometime in early spring.

The eleventh running of the USAF NASA 25 Hours of Thunderhill will take place Dec. 7-8, 2013.

Last edited:
A 1:44:?? ?

that would be a rough 2 seconds faster than the winning Porsche.
i saw the 1:45 and have been quite sure they could do a 1:44:??
Realy would like to get the details on that. Is there any official result and time table available?

TOM

That time came up on the live timing screen that was visible to everyone via internet during all of the race. I am positive that this time was indeed posted. I was a bit surprised too. It was a little after dawn at the track. Daylight conditions. The #18 car was about 14 laps back at the time. No other info to offer. I imagine that much of the race traffic had pitted for such a fast lap to be possible. You could message the Davidson Team direct via their Facebook connection for more info, and hope for a reply. Both the #48 Radical and the other Davidson Team #17 car had slightly faster race laps; both being made very early in the race during very difficult traffic.

More details on the race and the 18 car on the Superlite Cars FB page. Check it out.

Go to Facebook (you don't have to be a member) and search for Superlite Cars.

The fastest the 18 car has run Thunderhill was a 1:39.2, just two tenths off the Norma, run by the same team.

That's quick, and Davidson Racing thinks there is another 2 seconds in there with some weight reduction.

That car is no lightweight either with all that additional caging and fuel in it. The transaxle alone is reported to weigh as much as a tractor.

Back