22% of Uninsured want B.O.care

So,
by the Gallup pole:

17% of the population is uninsured and 44% of the uninsured plan to get insurance through the exchange? That means only 9.5% of the overall population plan to join the exchange while another 5% will be losing their current insurance! Others will be paying more to keep their current insurance.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
'Face it. Obamacare is a total FRAUD. 'Has been since before it was signed into law. And recent revelations show THE ENTIRE OBAMA ADMIN KNEW IT. And yet, from Obama right on down the line, the Dems have been spouting LIES regarding what reality actually IS regardless!

How ANYONE will ever again be able to believe a word Obama, Reid or Pelosi say from here on out is totally beyond me.

Last edited:

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
'Face it. Obamacare is a total FRAUD. 'Has been since before it was signed into law. And recent revelations show THE ENTIRE OBAMA ADMIN KNEW IT. And yet, from Obama right on down the line, the Dems have been spouting LIES regarding what reality actually IS regardless!

How ANYONE will ever again be able to believe a word Obama, Reid or Pelosi say from here on out is totally beyond me.

Larry, I've worked in mental health all my life, and if there's one thing I've learned it is this:

It isn't paranoia if they REALLY ARE out to get you.

...but, ya gotta wonder, how paranoid can you sound before people start to wonder?

I can't imagine why any of y'all have your panties SO up in a wad about this...if even 1% (that's ONE lousy percent) gets insurance when they didn't have it before, that's THAT MUCH health care cost that we, the taxpayers of the U.S., don't have to pay....but were before!

Talk about "...not quite clear on the concept"!

GEEZ!!!!!

Doug :furious:

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Open enrollment just started with my company. To meet the Obamacare mandates, the cost of my family plan increased 55%, the deductible went up $1000, and copays for just about everything increased.

So explain to me how we don't have to pay?!

marc

Lifetime Supporter
Dear Doug,
Im not sure if you work in mental healthcare or was in mental healthcare. But you have no clue as to the bottom line. EVERYONE IN THE US WILL HAVE TO PAY MORE. If you don't pay more you are dead or a baby living at home. All policies are pretty much not going to cover what Obamacare must cover, therefore your policy will be cancelled or if you work for a company renegotiated costing the company more money. You will probably be notified of it when your bonus usually comes around because the money won't come out of the company's bottom, it will be yours.
Everyone who doesnot pay for insurance will have to pay a penalty to the government. So who wins? NOBODY. Health insurance was a luxury item before the 70's But the only ones making money on this deal is the insurance companies, and government. Doctors and actual providers don't get paid promptly by insurance companies and are requiring deeper discounts for their coverage. Why do you think docs don't want medicare? Because medicare doesnt pay for its costs. There are cures that the doctor won't give you because he can't legally charge the full amount of the bill because medicare won't let him. It costs him more than he can charge.

Im supposed to be happy for paying 500 bucks more a month for worse service than I have got now, just so somebody who won't apply him or herself to work harder to make more gets health insurance for lower rates. Nobody wants insurance, but the mobster from Chicago rammed up our ask. "Hey you talkin to me"

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Larry, I've worked in mental health all my life, and if there's one thing I've learned it is this:

...but, ya gotta wonder, how paranoid can you sound before people start to wonder?

I can't imagine why any of y'all have your panties SO up in a wad about this...if even 1% (that's ONE lousy percent) gets insurance when they didn't have it before, that's THAT MUCH health care cost that we, the taxpayers of the U.S., don't have to pay....but were before!

Talk about "...not quite clear on the concept"!

GEEZ!!!!!

I take it you haven't read/listened to the news lately...nor have you 'done the math' regarding what Obamacare is ALREADY costing people. MILLIONS of people have already had their existing plans (that Obama "guaranteed" they could keep, BTW) CANCELLED and their monthly premiums/deductables and copays on the new plans that will replace them drastically increased because of the new Obamacare plan requirements. Yet you say we "don't have to pay"?????????

And wait 'til the $$$ cost in lost jobs due to Obamacare mandates is factored in.

THAT's why some of us "have our panties in a wad", Doug. I'd say we are completely justified in that.

Lots of people believe that Obama lied about Obamacare. I don't.

I think he was just grossly incompetent. I think he was perfectly sincere when he said all those (MANY!) untrue things about Obamacare. You know how those idiots in congress passed this law without ever reading it? What makes anybody think that *Obama* read it either?

This steaming pile of crap was concocted by every special interest in the world, and nobody knew what was in it. They just knew what they THOUGHT was in it. So all these statements were probably sincere expressions of hope.

You know, the hope that's half of the 'hope and change' that's running this country into the ground....

At some point, I'm sure Obama started to clue in to the fact that the law that he sold to the American people barely resembled the law that was actually passed, and that we are now all suffering under.

THEN he started lying! :laugh:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
It's come to light, Mike, that the administration knew 'what-was-what' with regard to Obamacare back in June of 2010. And yet how many times since then has Obama spouted that, "you can KEEP your doctor/plan - period", line? There's vid of him actually saying, "I guarantee it", on at least one occasion.

Obama Officials In 2010: 93 Million Americans Will Be Unable To Keep Their Health Plans Under Obamacare - Forbes

Presidential staff members worth their salt would NEVER let their boss repeatedly say something they knew was bogus. Every scripted presidential policy speech is always vetted to the moon and back 'fact-wise' before its given. Why? Because they know somebody (at the very least FOX News) will undoubtedly be checking the accuracy of any facts given at some time or another - that's why. Given that, there's very little chance (read that 'zero chance') that Obama didn't know he was lying IMO.

Besides...haven't we ALSO been told repeatedly by the media and every Democrat in the country that Obama is the smartest guy in any room? How could the smartest guy ever to occupy the White House not know exactly what he was talking about?

Last edited:
Everyone, do not despair, Dianne Feinstein is on the case - with backup from our friend Bill Clinton!

”Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., said Tuesday she is cosponsoring a bill by Sen. Mary Landrieu, D-La., that would force insurance companies to reinstate canceled policies that Obama repeatedly vowed that people could keep.”

Well isn't this special, she finally does something for the rest of us [the reality of which she is likely not aware], by sponsoring a bill that negates an integral part of the ACA, which will undermine the healthcare act at its core. So, let me get this straight; People would get their old coverage back, maybe same rates… who is going to pay the difference? I’m sure BO is on the case to talk her out of it so he doesn't look any worse than he already does.

"So I personally believe, even if it takes a change to the law, the president should honor the commitment the federal government made to those people and let them keep what they got," Clinton said.

The federal government didn't make this promise, Obama did. Bill never was good at telling the truth.

Patience is a beautiful thing!

Anyone in the "mental health" field who would say something like the following quote certainly does nothing much beyond pushing a broom in the building all those "shrinks" work in.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
So explain to me how we don't have to pay?!

It may be different up in Ohio, but here in the part of TX where I live there is a HUGE population from south of the border that came to the US specifically because of the governmental programs...that population seldom has any form of health insurance, and in fact most of them use the emergency room for routine medical issues. Emergency rooms won't turn them away and they know that the ER fees cannot be collected, so the county commissioners here have to meet at least every quarter to pump more money into the indigent medical fund...money that each and every taxpaying HONEST citizen is paying IN ADDITION to the cost of our own health insurance, which is also driven up by those who wiggle out of paying for their own health care.

If we can FORCE those to carry health insurance (we FORCE everyone to have auto insurance, don't we?) those of us who are responsible enough to pay for our own insurance might not see price increases for medical care AND/OR for insurance previums necessitated by those who won't pay for their own care, either through insurance or out of pocket. If the government can find a way to ENFORCE the penalties for not having insurance then those dollars can be used to pay for the very care that those without insurance are evading...that can only serve to diminish the price increases, even it it is governmental monies.

I think I have a different concern. I keep hearing that the government is trying to find a way to tax what they call "Cadillac plans", essentially insurance plans that we opt into because at increased cost they offer greater benefits such as larger lifetime limits, lower deductibles, copays or other costs of care. This perplexes me because it seems that the government would want us to choose those plans, not discorage us from opting into them. Does anyone else have any ideas if this is true (and I don't mean just general paranoia over the issue of being forced by the government to do something, I mean specific information regarding the issue of taxing the "Cadillac plans")?

BOB sure seems to be taking a beating over the failure of the business that developed the website...imagine that, he's not a computer guy, he's a community organizer and POTUS, yet we expect him to fix it because "...the buck stops here". I don't work on my own computer when it goes down, I pay somebody to fix it. If the work they do doesn't hold up, I hold their feet to the fire and insist they make it right...what's wrong with the POTUS doing that with the company that developed the website?

This has all become a big mess when it seemed like a reasonable issue to me...not sure how much of it is reality and how much of it is just conservatives grousing because the Dems used the same tactics as the Repubs and forced something down the other party's throat...it's just that this time the shoe that got shoved up somebody's arse was on the other party's foot.

Come on, guys, you all know they're equally bad...the only way to fix this is a huge change in the way we as a country conduct the business of deciding what is important. No more politicians, no more pork-barrel funding, just a public referendum on virtually EVERYTHING! Sure, I know, I'm suggesting a very radical solution, something that may tear at the heart of the very basis on which our nation was founded...but look at how screwed up we, the American People, have allowed things to get, and all because politicians have different views (and, I might add, they are all as fervently convinced that their views are as right as are their opponents)!!

It's a mess...but not just here, look at what's happened in Europe with Italy and some of the other countries that had to endure stringent tightening of the purse-strings...armed insurrection. Are we ready for that here? (...and I don't want to hear about how we won't be allowed to bear arms...that's another "paranoid" issue that has been predicted and not come true).

Cheers? I think perhaps not...:thumbsdown:

Doug

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Medical costs for illegals could be CRUSHED at the border by simply exercising control OVER the border. Stop the FLOOD of illegals and you stop the E.R. (and all OTHER) illegal-related expenses. The lack of control over the border IS THE FAULT OF BOTH MAJOR PARTIES.

But, the Demos 100% OWN Obamacare alllllllll by themselves...lock, stock, and barrel. It isn't even remotely a GOP thing. Not even ONE GOP voted for that albatross. NOT ONE. So, trying to place 1/2 the blame for Obamacare on the GOP is as big a lie as saying "you can KEEP your doctor/plan - period." Never in the history of this country has such a major spending/economy-controlling bill been solely structured, written and passed strictly along party lines.

So, BOB is NOT just taking heat because of the website. He's taking it mostly for outright LYING about what's-what with regard to Obamacare...and the rest of his crowd who voted FOR IT ought to be held accountable for that in 2014 & 2016 as well.

I'm dunn now.

Good read on another aspect of ACA;

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/11/12/at-least-one-group-americans-loves-obamacare/?intcmp=obnetwork

Now he has put it on the insurance companies to allow you to keep your previous plan, then he'll take credit for doing that and blame someone else if it does not work out for you.

Either way, you cannot tell me they did not think this through and figure out what a ton of money they could make if it did or did not work in the end. It's a win-win for all of them and lose-lose for the rest of us and the country.

Last edited:
The only way to fix this is to implement tort reform, get the governments bottomless pocketbook out of the bidding, and of course, return to a free market unhindered by the waste of big government.

But that wouldn't be fair, to the politicians.

Back