24h du Le Mans 2009

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
It's next week. The 300 drums of diesel fuel have been delivered (conservatively estimated at about £45 per gallon) and for the 3 Joest cars about 900 tyres are being delivered this weekend. Will they need those wet tyres?? There is a real chance they will.
Anyone going?
I'll be there at the usual place doing the usual thing.
Either reply here or email me at [email protected] if you planning on attending.
Dave

David,
I don't suppose you know the dates of the 2010 race do you? I am trying to book time off work (first come, first served) and can not find the dates any where.

Malcolm

Supporter
Yes, I will be there for my first visit to Le Mans for the big race. Glenn and I are in the Friday parade in his Southern GT after Mick was approached to supply a car. Looking forward to it, it should be great fun. Please tell me it will not be raining.......at least we are not camping!

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Radio Le Mans are streaming their radio program on Radiolemans.com and the full 6 hour practise session is being covered.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
And the whole race is being televised in Australia on One HD. So I''ll end up as bleary eyed as you David.:drunk:

Last edited:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I'm sitting here is glorious sunshine and calm wind conditions during morning warm up.
Will the weather change? You bet it will.
When will it change? .....................?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Has Peugeot managed to snatched defeat from the jaws of Victory?

Unbelievable miscue in the pits.. Someone's going to catch hell for that...

Yesterday was the Digital transition for all in the U S at least. It was put off once due to the government running out of vouchers. Well you would think the digital guys would have tried this thing out before they implemented it. But nnoooooo, so today the digital transmission has been pixelating all morning(no audio either) with the signal being dropped several times. At this writing it has cleared up but we didn't get to see the beginning of the race!!!

Bill

Watching on SPEED and listening on radiolemans. Great pictures. Audis seem to be picking up a lot of sand and grass in the radiators. Ferrari looks strong, Porsche Spiders are consistent, and the Corvette sb 427....nothing like the sound of a big American V8.
You'll sleep well. Wish I was there.
Grady

David, you guys should see the Audi R8V10 advertisement as it drives through the town of Maranello.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Grady - I saw it on Speed Week or one of the American feeds last night.
Nice enough car but no luggage space and looks like a longer Audi TT.
Sunrise was 0600 and absolutely stunning. Calm winds, clear skies and the temp a nice 18c (mid 60s F) and Audi are down to two cars - the second of which is out of contention. What I want now is heavy rain.........

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Hey David

where was the heavy rain?

The Pugs certainly seemed to have the going their way this year - have to feel for the teams who break down in the last couple of hours - soul destroying

Amazing the petrol cars were not that many laps down at the end

Ian

Malcolm

Supporter
Can I actually set the record straight and say it was victory at Le Mans for myself and Glenn this year?

Attachments

• IMG_9073a.jpg
    IMG_9073a.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_9077a.jpg
    IMG_9077a.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 310

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Ian,
What I want and what I get are two seperate things. The rain never happened on Sunday and even if it did, I don't think it would have altered things much. The Peugeot car was fantastic on the day.

Hi David,

Do you feel brave enough to provide some forecasting for this Week End in Sydney ?

We have racing all day on Saturday & late afternoon Sunday and I think we are in for some of this ...

Iain

Attachments

• 20090616115040.pdf
    415.7 KB · Views: 237

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Iain,
Not something I can do very well at this end but from the charts I can get it doesn't look that promising. Easterlies giving way to Northerly winds by the weekend and Temps 65f (18c- ish) mid afternoon in overcasts and only slightly higher if in sunshine which looks as though it will be in short supply. Take wets........
My meteorologist, Victoria, is currently in Helsinki for the summer but if I talk to her this week I'll try and get a better outlook for you.
Dave

Last edited:
Back