4" Gulf Flares

Hi Fran,
I spoke to you yesterday about my plans to build a Coyote GT40. I am trying to figure out all the options I would like, I am having a hard time finding any cars with the 4" Gulf Flares? I see plenty of 2", do you have any pictures or showing the difference? I did a fair amount of searching but no luck.
Thanks
Dennis

I believe my ERA has 4 inch Gulf flares. 78.7 inches from flare to flare.

Attachments

• IMG_0641.jpg
    IMG_0641.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 606

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
The car that Pat and Ray are referencing, I believe, is Dwight's RCR.. I thought it was a +2 car like mine.
My car's rear clip measures 71" across at the top of the arch opening for the tire. The tires are 295-50-15 on 10" rims and fit rather snugly inside the arches..

Mike I like your ERA flares, that looks perfect, I think the RCR 4" pictured would look better if the tires filled the opening out more. I will likely go 2" at this point unless I find someone else's project.

Right now I am planning on a ZF, I have lines on a ZF, Porsche, and an Audi with a second gear problem for VERY cheap. In talking with Fran and knowing I can get a nice quicktime bell housing for it, I think the ZF is the right one for me.
I was going to order a deluxe plus kit already but got hit by larger than expected taxes..grrr. Maybe that will give me time to find a partial project I guess.
Dennis

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 641
What size did Bill D use, didn't he have his rims cut and made wider? Can't find his build page anymore.
Cheers Ray

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
We had the wheels widened to 14 inches and the car had the +4 inch flares
Avon race tyres that were hand cut for "street use"

True jac, but I think we could all agree to take our chances with the one to the right. Shoot, with an eco-boost 4, it would could be built really economical beyond the "buy in".

I ordered a kit last week from Fran, +2 with the 14" wheels. I would really like to see more of Bill D's build but it appears his site is gone, and most of the posts he ever made are deleted as well? I would like to see how his wheels filled out the rear end.

BTW, I bought my wife a Focus ST with the 2.0 ecoboost, it is really a fantastic car to drive, sure it gets 20mpg less, but its way more fun than a Prius.
Dennis

Back