A.J.'s RCR 40

IMHO AJ's RCR40 is the classiest GT40 I've seen, real or replica.

The pictures posted don't do the color any justice...

Thank you,gentlemen, for the kind comments. The car was loaded on the trailer last Tuesday. Shipper said 9/17 or 18. That's 10 or 11 days to get here but he has to make a southern loop to drop off other cars - one of which may be Doc's as his is due next week as well. Just hope it gets here unscathed. I'm going to try and get this finished ASAP but I have an unheated garage and New England is getting chilly already - I should have ordered the AWD model! Connecticut DMV is tough so it's anybody's guess when this hits the road.
I'll try to post some pics of the car outside, in the sun, so you guys can see the true color. A rocker stripe in a color that matches the wheels will be added. I'd like some input on whether it should have "Ford", "Ford GT" or "Ford GT40" on it.
A.J.

Last edited:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
AJ - you gotta be like a kid waitin' for Christmas man....

I'm planning on just doing "Ford" on mine - Have you thought of "GT40" ??

I would skip "Ford GT" as people might think that you're trying to replicate the latest rendition from Ford (even though it was the original Ford GT)...

You need to get some heat out there in your garage..

If you have 220v out there you can get a nice electric heater from Northern Tool that works really well to take the chill out of the air.. Flameless is the way to go unless you add in a ventilation system..

I have one very similar to the 5000 watt model shown here;

Heaters | Electric | Heaters, Stoves + Fireplaces | Northern Tool + Equipment

17303_lg.gif

I only use it on rare occasions now since I installed a furnace out there..

A rocker stripe in a color that matches the wheels will be added. I'd like some input on whether it should have "Ford", "Ford GT" or "Ford GT40" on it.
A.J.

Why not 'MERCURY' just to be different, they did run one or two cars with that Logo at one stage.

Jac Mac - If i'm not careful about watching the weight of all the stuff going in the car, I'll have to put Lincoln Town Car on the side!
I just wanted to formally thank you for the assistance and encouragement you have given me concerning the car in the time we've spent here;the diagrams and the advice - it will make this a better car and eliminate many potential headaches. Thanks. A.J.

Doc - I'm still not sure of the final color but due to the limited time I have to get this through Motor Vehicle before cold weather, I'll be leaving that item as is for now and concentrating on the mechanicals and the items that have to be changed out or modified to get through inspection.
Chris Martino (Raceline graphics) sent a color swatch ( wide choice of colors,thanks Chris) with which to match rocker stripe to wheels so I'll have an idea what the titanium vs the silver will look like. Black remains an option also.
You must not be sleeping too much with your car almost there! A.J.

Yes, it is indeed HERE but no pics until I figure out how to work my kid's camera (download) and they're crappy flash photos taken in the dark anyway. I'll get some good ones in the morning. I had to find a neighbor who was small enough to get into the car while it was still on the upper rack inside the trailer -couldn't open the doors wide enough! I had other commitments this evening and have not had the chance to go through the accompanying boxes yet.

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
AJ sent these to me, said he couldn't get them on the forum. Thought I'd help him out... LOL

ENJOY!!

Attachments

• DSCF3079-sml.jpg
    DSCF3079-sml.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 436
  • DSCF3080-sml.jpg
    DSCF3080-sml.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 510
  • DSCF3081-sml.jpg
    DSCF3081-sml.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 501
  • DSCF3082-sml.jpg
    DSCF3082-sml.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 603
  • DSCF3083-sml.jpg
    DSCF3083-sml.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 491

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Fabulous AJ!!!! I can be you are the envy of every guy in the neighborhood!

Thanks guys, it's been an interesting couple of days here. I've only sat in the car once so far! Sort of like having a carnival ride in your driveway - so many people have been in this car I should start selling tickets. The most frequent comment so far has been "Holy S**t". Guess I'm not part of the Merlot and Brie set. There are several items to be added which may require a couple of components already mounted to be relocated somewhat but I'll cover that as the thread progresses. Had a bit of a setback today that prevented any car work. I just returned from the veterinary clinic with a $750 tab for dog repair. OK and resting comfortably now but will require a couple of more visits. Complications of 'Jack Russell Attitude Syndrome'. Tough little bastard. Also had a talk with Lake Speed about different engine and gear oils. Very informative. Due to a couple of things beyond my control it looks like my realistic target date will be Spring of 2010 instead of this Fall but I'm still going to try to finish this year. Some of the forum members, Jac Mac, Allanffr, Allen English and others, have been very helpful and have given me some hints to prevent making costly errors as the completion process takes place.Thanks. I hope I can contribute a few new ideas as so many of the other builders whose methods I've been able to draw upon have done. A.J.

A.J. I hope you Jack Russel is doing OK? It sounds like yours is braver than my Jackie Cruzer, if I sneeze she will run for the hills :grinf:

Not to turn this into a Jack Russel thread, but I thought I would show you mine.

Last edited:

Ron McCall

Supporter
I know what you mean! I had to take my Jack Russell (Lucy) to the vets on Friday. Her and her new brother got into a scrap over some spilled chicken grease and she got gouged in the eye! Now she looks like Raging Bull!

Back