A tale of two cities...

Bloody hell talk about sensitive, come on guys lighten up, Jeezz I'm glad we dont have that pasion and sensitivety down here in the Antipeties, Aussies and Kiwis have been throwing crap at each other since the birth of time about their individual countries, in fact they have got that good at it , that it almost became an olympic sport, but you guys have take patriotism to an entirely new level. I will say one thing in your favour though, its entertaining.
Cheers John

So you really want to talk Detroit unemployment rate and who to blame.......OK lets look!

The unemployment rate in Detroit is still way to high, but the liberal leadership is making great gains.

Detroit's unemployment rate rose steadily under Republicans. The highest point on this Detroit unemployment chart is when Obama was elected, after that the unemployment rate has steadily dropped. Tell us again about Liberal leadership!!! We can't afford another Republican administration.

Detroit unemployment rate 2007 to present

Not Seasonally Adjusted -

Jim Detroit has had a democrat mayor since 1962, the unemployment in Detroit is 11.2%
Michigan Unemployment Rate Falls To 9.8%, Detroit Metro Area Still 11.2% Jobless

As Keith's punch bowl already has a few of Craik's turds floating around in it, I am inclined to cynically point out that Obama has singlehandedly reduced the unemployment rate in Detroit to a mere 18%, using nothing more than his awesome personality. Of course, the actual unemployment rate is significantly higher than the "official" report we receive from our government.

Jim, if you are going to try to prove to us that Detroit is a beacon of hope and change, you have a long, uphill battle ahead of you. I suggest you quietly disappear from this thread. But you won't. You can't.

As Keith's punch bowl already has a few of Craik's turds floating around in it, I am inclined to cynically point out that Obama has singlehandedly reduced the unemployment rate in Detroit to a mere 18%, using nothing more than his awesome personality. Of course, the actual unemployment rate is significantly higher than the "official" report we receive from our government.

Jim, if you are going to try to prove to us that Detroit is a beacon of hope and change, you have a long, uphill battle ahead of you. I suggest you quietly disappear from this thread. But you won't. You can't.

I suspect that the Tsunami, ATMs, Europe, and ultimately that evil sob Bush are responsible for what has happened over the last 50 years to Detroit! :) Have a Great 4th!!!

Keith

A tale of two titties.

This thread has become waaaaay too political so I thought we would body swerve into what the Paddock does best and to hell with politics.

You will notice that I have renamed this thread appropriately.

OK, I'll start:

Anicepair.jpg

The mere suggestion that a city, industry and economy has been ruined by one political party alone, where another party would have triumphed is sooooooo dumb. Industry buys politicians, perverts economics and manipulates markets.

The entire western world has sat back and allowed industry leaders and politicians to suck the life out of it all, whilst blindly and like children, believing the fountain could never run dry because they were like gods.

Whilst that is just my opinion and in itself a weak pointing of the finger, you guys who constantly bleat on about who was to blame, yet blindly maintain a view that all that is bad must be the fault of the other guy, are deluded.

Who cares who's to blame? We are all to blame. We are the problem.

Keith

Stance? You mean legs open etc? :shocked:

Mark, your penultimate post does not belong on here. It makes far too much sense. :uneasy:

We, the people, get what we deserve. No point in banging on about it unless you are prepared to get up close and personal.

The mere suggestion that a city, industry and economy has been ruined by one political party alone, where another party would have triumphed is sooooooo dumb. Industry buys politicians, perverts economics and manipulates markets.

Whilst that is just my opinion and in itself a weak pointing of the finger, you guys who constantly bleat on about who was to blame, yet blindly maintain a view that all that is bad must be the fault of the other guy, are deluded.

Who cares who's to blame? We are all to blame. We are the problem.

:thumbsup:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
This is the tactic of some of the responders on this board. You can't dispute the fact that Detroit is a city in ruins.

The 100 pound gorilla here is that Detroit has suffered under decades of liberal/union leadership and crumbled under the weight.

Admit it craik, you aren't defending America, you are defending your left wing agenda.

Mr Fechter, you blamed all of Detroits problems on one Political party, you say Detroit was ruined by Liberal politics.

So when Mark Pickford posted:

"The mere suggestion that a city, industry and economy has been ruined by one political party alone, where another party would have triumphed is sooooooo dumb. Industry buys politicians, perverts economics and manipulates markets".

You do know he was describing you?

DAH!

Soooooooo dumb.

Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
:dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::shocked2::shocked2:

You can possibly tell that I am in a particularly good mood atm. I just received my spinners to suit the Campagnolo's for the P4!

Sorry for the thread drift, (not)! ;)

Attachments

• Front_Spinner.jpg
    Front_Spinner.jpg
    574.4 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Back to the thread topic....

Happy people in Detroit,

Attachments

• happy people in detroit.jpg
    happy people in detroit.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 198