Aaron's SL-C build...

I just goggled all this... Jeez, this needs a whole separate thread and how to white paper - impressive in a car like ours.

Agreed! Gary, any chance you might post up your electrical schematic and start a thread on this to help those of us that are electronically challenged? While nothing in the build looks threatening to me including ISIS, customizing the electronics is beyond me and always will be I'm afraid...:huh:

Its really common sense type wiring, there are companies out there that sell you everything complete, for specific make car, and hot rods, but I found out you just start wiring the head lites in, blinkers in, high beam, brake switch, then the way you want the motor to run, etc, you have very few wires in the end to hook up. just your lighting, brake and tail,blinkers are 4 wires.

And not much money for wiring either, I usually buy cord that has 4-6-8 conductors in them depending on what I do, easy to run thru car, resist oil an heat, and all the wires have numbers on them.

Seats arrived today..,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 493
Agreed! Gary, any chance you might post up your electrical schematic and start a thread on this to help those of us that are electronically challenged? While nothing in the build looks threatening to me including ISIS, customizing the electronics is beyond me and always will be I'm afraid...:huh:

Amen! I am definitely in that same boat.

Sorry Aaron, your seats look nice, they dont look cheap tho. Do they come with any padding? I had to cut mine at the top to match the curve of the door and my sides of the seats had to be trimmed also because the door hit them, but I wanted to sit more straight up then the go cart seats Fran has.

Guys.. Please start a new thread. Your done hijacking.

Seems this is part of the territory. Forum threads often move on tangents for a moment. It sucks that it can distract form the OP's subject, but there is usually great info brought to light.

A Personal website or blog is a way to display without interruption/interaction. Or if you're admin:laugh:.

Thanks guys.. I will try not to hijack your threads. I'm hoping that my build log will generate ideas for others. I know that some of the things that I'm doing are going to be different.

I believe that the seats fit without cutting. These are the same seats that Allan has used on several builds. I am using different mounting brackets to the floor since I'm considering making my seats easily removable.

These seats fit like they were made for me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 528
Last edited:
I purchased it from eBay.. Search for "tow eye" on eBay. I believe that mine is a Kingsway. $16. I modified the tow eye as well though to incorporate grade 8 steel threaded studs. I roll pinned them inside of an aluminum sleeve. The only portion that I actually used was the red anodized eye and the eye swivel.

kingwayshop on eBay

Yesterday I mounted my new seats... Sweet.......

Today I installed the brake lamp assemblies and found a suitable grommet :)

Attachments

• harness grommet.JPG
    harness grommet.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 450
  • lamp.JPG
    lamp.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 482
Tonight I fabricated a transmission support plate. I'm preparing to fabricate and weld on a transmission support bracket to the spider frame. The attachment will be similar to what is used by RCR for the Richardo transmission.

Bloody hell....
Don't forget you will still need to use the two adjustable links coming from the lower suspension point up to the crossbrace

Last edited:
Nice to see that I can get a rise out of you as well Fran :)

Obviously the transmission mount isn't finished in the photo.

Yes, I plan to use diagonal links as well.

Back