All about the RCR LMP1...

You can use either...manual or auto....depends what you want from the car...and how much power you plan on using...

Unless I am mistaken... there will be engine braking with the automatic downshifts as there is no way to rpm match. In other words... everything a person is trying to prevent with the heal/toe downshift in a manual... will occur with the automatic.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Brake first then shift...just like your track teacher told you...brakes are cheaper than engines...

On the brakes or on the throttle...the winners way...wink

Appropriate youtube is appropriate:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5rpFXdWtK4]Top Gear - James May & Jackie Stewart - Fast Driving Lesson with TVR Tuscan - YouTube[/ame]

Hmmm... as not to risk turning this thread into a driving lesson... I wont ask the obvious question. All I shall say is that I am sticking with the 6 speed manual.

Maybe, but if you have a ton of power in a light race car, the shifts will be faster in a modded automatic than an H pattern synchro box, and that's where you will pick up time.

Ubet... for a guy who either doesnt want to or cant row the gears... the GM automatic is a pretty good $$$ solution compared to a true paddle shifted manual.

To me though... the automatic is my 3rd choice... that of which may be a guys only choice... so it that sense its great that the option exists:thumbsup:

Some pics of the mock up during build...this is our prototype fiberglass body(from our own moulds) we use for testing out our assembly and chassis packaging....obviously not production.

We dont use our original carbon honeycomb bodies as we have to make a couple of tweeks to the tail to clear the LS engine...the original car used a canted over intake system/airbox and obviously using the LS engine requires us to do something a little more conservative.....I am showing off some of my original Caddy wheels...but these will not be included in the kits...sorry chaps.

Our new transaxle should be here in a day or two ....looking forward to that...

Attachments

• P9260265 [640x480].jpg
    P9260265 [640x480].jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 845
  • P9260264 [640x480].jpg
    P9260264 [640x480].jpg
    55 KB · Views: 791
  • P9260270 [640x480].jpg
    P9260270 [640x480].jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 771
  • P9260271 [640x480].jpg
    P9260271 [640x480].jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 775
Last edited:
Looks like the real deal to me...................for myself, licking my lips & lusting ! Looks like to me if you want an auto trans for a real race car, You are looking in the wrong place

That looks badass.

Is it just me that when Fran puts out new pics I also go looking in the background to see if he's also secretly showing off something else? :p

Woohoo... first glimpse!!!

I wasnt expecting that when I logged on. Looks great :thumbsup:

Thanx for the update and keep the pics comin :)

Fran... I recall you saying you were planning on building an LMP for yourself to go racing with... if so... what are you putting into yours for components (drivetrain, brakes, wheels, etc)?

Also... I am thinking more and more about air jacks on the LMP... will you be able to offer that as an option?

Thanx.

KV

Fran, how much would you estimate for the original wheels shown to be reproduced for our cars? We would need 4 sets (total) for two cars and have no issue with them being a bolt pattern rather then single screw hub if that brings cost down or helps with manufacture. We really want the cars to be as close to original as possible and the wheels are a big part of that.

Back