All about the RCR LMP1...

It seems the main factor keeping such a car from the street is the ground height. the slc looks like it's the same height. Can't you put a little higher tire on the car, to give it another inch or so? What happens to the cars when they race on road courses? Very nice looking cars fran, keep them coming. The porsche 917 drove on the road.

The LMP will not be able to be made street legal....it will not have an MSO...it is a track only car.

The SLC has at least two inches more ground clearance min.

These cars often have rub/skid rails made from Jabroc...a hard wood just like F1 cars due to minimum ride heights dictated by the ACO/FIA....

So they occasionally rub on the ground during races...be it road based courses like Le Mans or race tracks like Road Atlanta.

There are guys that have made Indy cars road legal...doesn't mean they are practical or designed to be there....just like the 917.

So NO RCR LMP on the road.... maybe there should be a clause in the purchase agreement to dictate such... yet one more CYA clause

Fran, good luck with the project. My restoration of Cadillac Chassis LMP-00-004 should be done in the next couple months. It looks like Troys tub arrived in Australia just fine. And I manged to sqeak out a spare set of wheels from Kim Baker. Maybe when both are done we can take them and do a track comparison. :drunk:

Last edited:
Mesa, The 2001 Caddy's used BBS wheels, not Jongbloed. The wheels are different offset than the 2002's. The vents behind the front wheels are exit ducts for the front wheel wells and intakes for the radiators. The picture you posted is of LMP-00-004. The picture was taken in Florida. I bought the car about two years ago and it's in its final stages of race restoration. Should be completed in about two months... It will be the only running 2001 that I know of.... Andrew

Hey, Andrew! I found a decent gallery of LMP-00-004 that has some good shots from LeMans...

Album Fotogrfico Equipa: 1/2000

So LMP-00-002 was raced by Team DAMS as No.4, who were responsible for the fire? (pics)

I'm hoping Kim will part with one of his Fuel Cells as R&S haven't replied, and Fuel Safe say a new cell for the chassis must go through Riley Tech. I'm guessing you've been in touch with Kim at least a few times with yours?

Attachments

• lm0004.jpg
    lm0004.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 883
  • lm2kr24.jpg
    lm2kr24.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 756
Hi Andrew.

glad you found us over here....

It would be an honor to run one of our cars with you on track, not to mention a whole lot of fun.

Glad Kim came through for you on the wheels..

One of my buddies Glenn Iske was the track support for the engine in the Dams cars...he does not speak a work of French so it was an interesting experience he said.

Mesa, The 2001 Caddy's used BBS wheels, not Jongbloed. The wheels are different offset than the 2002's. The vents behind the front wheels are exit ducts for the front wheel wells and intakes for the radiators. The picture you posted is of LMP-00-004. The picture was taken in Florida. I bought the car about two years ago and it's in its final stages of race restoration. Should be completed in about two months... It will be the only running 2001 that I know of.... Andrew

Hello Andrew, Welcome.
How cool that you are here and willing to share your very rare car with us. :thumbsup:

On the wheels - I was writing of the Jongbloeds offered on the SLC number 01 (literally the number pasted on the side of the body) race car as it related to questions from a RCR Caddy customer on wheel possibilities from RCR.

On your car - Wow interesting air flow management, educational for me. Amazing that there is enough airflow in and out with such small duct work. Part of those millions of dollars was spent in a wind tunnel figuring that one out I'm sure. What do the scoops to the inside of the front wheel arches/humps (looking from the front of the car) do?

Thanks.

Mesa,

The car is in Phoneix now and I am in California. I am fairly certain they lead to the turbo intercoolers, but would have to look at them again to be 100%. We have an original engine, but after looking at the complexity of the system (how about three banks of cylinders going into each turbo, and one exhaust port being naturally aspirated out the exhaust) and no ECU's we found a simple solution. The engine is merely a 4.0 Liter IRL Indycar engine, with some minor changes. Bolts right in. I've been vintage racing IRL cars for some years and my crew chief is an ex-IRL guy, Chuck Buckman Jr. We converted the mapping for fuel, instead of menthanol. We removed about 50LBS of Bosch wiring, and replaced the chassis loom/engine with a IRL loom. It should be simple to run, super reliable, weight maybe 150 lbs less, and run super cool. We are installing the wiring now.

Andrew... Phoneix isn't that far away from where I will tracking my LMP... when do you think you will be up and running? If your interested... come up to Spring Mountain as my guest we can get your original and my replica out on the track at the same time. Sounds like fun!?

come up to Spring Mountain
Andrew, as soon as snow begins to hit at Miller Motorsport, I should also be back to Spring Mountain with my new SL-C. We have probably met. I have been driving this R8 mostly at Spring M.

Who will be providing the support for your LMP? Premier?

pooh_v8.jpg

Chuck Buckman Jr. runs and restores all my vintage race cars. The car should be ready in a couple months. Chucks wife runs Firebird raceway in Phoenix. So we will probably shake the car down there or at Willow Springs. Spring Mountain is very close to me as well. Last time I was there I was with my old Lola B2k/10.. It was tight for such a big car, but I understand they have reconfigured the track and have expanded.

I live 45 minutes from SMMR. Ive ran on it a couple times with my SL Razor. It's an incredibly fun track.

The latest updates to SMMR will include a 7 mile configuration, making it the longest track in the western hemisphere. They bought 125 acres for the expansion. Also included will be a straight long enough for drag racing (w/ the proper setup) as well as double as an airstrip. Big things are happening out there!

Justin from Las Vegas

Andrew, as soon as snow begins to hit at Miller Motorsport, I should also be back to Spring Mountain with my new SL-C. We have probably met. I have been driving this R8 mostly at Spring M.

Who will be providing the support for your LMP? Premier?

pooh_v8.jpg

Awesome R8...love the headlight film. Is that kit the PPI one?

It is the development car for the VF Engineering / STaSiS Audi supercharger systems and for the APR Performance R8 aero designs. It has full race suspension, springs, brakes, weight reduction and abbreviated cage. No PPI anything. PPI is fine. I just prefer other items that are more specifically track designed and tested.

Sorry, I dont mean to hijack this thread. The thread is about the RCR LMP1.

pooh_v9.jpg

Back