Ryan,

It was a pleasure meeting you at COTA.

Attachments

• Doc and Ryan2013.jpg
    Doc and Ryan2013.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 525

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Ryan is coming to Detroit next weekend for a fitting into the LMP he will driving this year....

He will get his first glimpse of his new orange track monster then...:thumbsup:

But for the rest of you here is the colour and gelcoat finish

Attachments

• lmp orange.jpg
    lmp orange.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 636
Ryan is coming to Detroit next weekend for a fitting into the LMP he will driving this year....

He will get his first glimpse of his new orange track monster then...:thumbsup:

But for the rest of you here is the colour and gelcoat finish

aaaahhh! that has to be a tough life.

Side note:
Ryan had a 12th place finish in his first NASCAR Truck series race. This, after making his way through a huge wreck that wiped out half the field!

Congratulations, well done Ryan!

marc

Lifetime Supporter
Fran
Whats the add-on for the cc corvette brakes? I am starting to get an itch.
Marc

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Marc
you would need some pretty big wheels too....I have heard rumors of 18 wheels fitting but we have tried and found none so it would need 19in wheels front and rear..these would have to be custom made to work with the P4.
Full retail on the four rotors, hats and calipers is $16,800...you will also need custom uprights to mount the calipers and make the offset of all the parts work. We have an Carbon option upright designed , manufactured and in stock for the SLC stock as we have multiple CC SLC's in build

Last edited:

marc

Lifetime Supporter
Actually, I was thinking about the LMP1. I did not think the CCs would be for the P4 as the swept area would not be adequate and would generate a lot of heat. Yes, Yes, I know finish the one project first. but who are you to judge, eh? Still thinking about it though. Any discounts for return buyers?

Marc

Earlier in the thread I read that Fran wants to put diesel engine in for torque and fuel savings, but what about hybrid tech. Like maybe a smaller engine and an electric motor, maybe with a capacitor to quickly charge and discharge electricity, an. I'm not too informed about it, for all I know, it could add a lot of weight and/or complexity, but I have watched a few videos where it was possible to downsize the engine and make it more efficient while making similar power earlier. What do you guys think?

- A newb with an idea

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Super heavy and cumbersome for the most part unless you have OEM or F1 budgets for development and implementation

My little diesel LMP2 car is really a fun little thing...we ran with a single turbo last season when we started but it will have a compound twin turbo system when it comes out to play next time.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
with variable boost any we want really...but it defeats the purpose of being fuel efficient to just make big numbers...its a balancing act..and once we test we will know more of which direction to go.

Hey Fran, I am not sure if this was mentioned, but what made you choose the Cadillac LMP body style opposed to the newer LMPs?

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Because I think its one of the prettiest LMP cars made , I worked for GM during that time and also for GM racing .... I also happen to have the original bodies/aero...so its spot on ..not modeled.,

Back