Another piece of the B.O. Win Puzzle!

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Well, there you go I have learnt something. A tea bag has taken on a whole new meaning :shocked: I think I'll stick to coffee from now on.

I suppose all parties have radical beyond the norm fringe dwellers. Who want to kill or maim anyone with a different point of view.
Humans seem to have a penchant for that.

I think the tea party from what I understand want the government to show spending restraint, stop printing money, stop wastage and reduce the size of government and the way it impinges on citizens rights ,oh and work within the constitution.
Which all seems wise to me.

Or have I got that wrong? A serious question as I know little about American politics.

Pat

Supporter
No Pat I'm not calling you a hypocrite, but I am calling the Tea Party Hypocrytical, they have used every slur imaginable to attack President Obama, yet they become awful thin skinned when people use a word they all use.

Jim, I can assure you, they ALL don't use it and it is generally regarded as offensive. The street connotation of the term is certainly unknown to genteel little old ladies in Scottsdale (and apparently to many here). It is certainly known as an inside joke by many on the left and like rape jokes about Sarah Palin or her daughter, giggled about on hip media shows and comedy clubs. It's also used as an offensive taunt.
In fact, Mr. Obama has used it, whether he knows of the sexual origin of the term is unknown. But I find it, as do most, offensive. Black rappers and athletes regularly use the "N-Word", I think that's offensive as well and I don't think it has a place in civility.
And for every insult passed regarding a liberal; conservatives are tagged as homophobic women hating racists who hate poor people and minorities. Mr. Bush you may recall was liked to Hitler routinely as well as blamed for orchestrating the 9/11 attack. As I said before, the name calling is simply foolish and doesn't get anybody anywhere except defensive and angry.

Last edited:

Pat

Supporter
I think the tea party from what I understand want the government to show spending restraint, stop printing money, stop wastage and reduce the size of government and the way it impinges on citizens rights ,oh and work within the constitution.
Which all seems wise to me.

Or have I got that wrong? A serious question as I know little about American politics.

Pete, add to what you've listed as a discomfort with what is seen as the government's unconstitutional intrusion into their lives through regulation and taxation that's the essence of what the many of those who label themselves as "Tea Party" say they stand for. But it is not a coherent group such as a political party and so different groups under the Tea Party Banner may espouse different variations of the same general themes.
The columnist George Will summarized the Tea Party's coherent "branding of three themes-limited government, constitutional originalism, and an unapologetic defense of U.S. sovereignty."

Because they have been rocking the status quo of the traditional power structure, they are reviled in many places in both political parties and especially the current administration.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Pete, add to what you've listed as a discomfort with what is seen as the government's unconstitutional intrusion into their lives through regulation and taxation that's the essence of what the many of those who label themselves as "Tea Party" say they stand for. But it is not a coherent group such as a political party and so different groups under the Tea Party Banner may espouse different variations of the same general themes.
The columnist George Will summarized the Tea Party's coherent "branding of three themes-limited government, constitutional originalism, and an unapologetic defense of U.S. sovereignty."

Because they have been rocking the status quo of the traditional power structure, they are reviled in many places in both political parties and especially the current administration.

So if I have this correct the Tea Party are not a recognised or registered political party at all?
If that is correct why is any notice taken of them and why so much angst?

Because the Tea party actually were responsible for getting people elected, the libs chose to hang their hopes on the occupy wall street gang who did turn out to be a rowdy bunch of unemployed college kids with useless degrees, basket weaving etc.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
So if I have this correct the Tea Party are not a recognised or registered political party at all?
If that is correct why is any notice taken of them and why so much angst?

You are correct, Pete...they are not a "registered" political party at all, but that doesn't seem to matter in the USA, we had the "Yippie" party back in the 60's and 70's that caused a whole lot of angst.

As the general public sees the TEA party (not the radical right, of which we have quite a few around here), they are a very vocal and radical right wing portion of the Republican Party. They have banded together to bully the Republican Party into at least recognizing if not endorsing their agenda by refusing to support the Republican Party during house and senate votes unless they get what they want. I can't imagine they would vote with the Democrats, but if they refuse to vote at all it could prohibit the Republicans from achieving some of the changes they want to see brought about, so the Republicans (and particularly the Speaker of the House, John Boehner) are shitting their pants as they try to bend over backwards to placate the radical right....and the majority of the American public really feels that responsibility for the gridlock in the legislative branch lies at the feet of the Republican Party. Boehner needs their votes to maintain the Republican majority in the House...but the mood of the general public does not bode well for the Republicans right now, their approval rating is even lower than that of Bee-OH, if you can imagine that.

They TEA party is, quite simply, a bunch of radical bullies who will bring about the end of any hope that the Republicans have UNLESS the Republicans distance themselves from them...but right now they represent the last hope the SOTH has of maintaining any sort of significant power and so he cow-tows to their desires.

I really LIKE the TEA Party, contrary to what I know a lot of the conservatives around here think, because I see them as a catalyst to the demise of the conservative agenda. As I have said before, it couldn't happen to a nicer (???) asshole than John Boehner.

Cheers!

Doug

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Uh huh. Riiiiiight, Doug.

Uh, was it the TEA PARTY or the 'lefty' Occupy Wall Street people whose mission it was to take over countless parks across the country and turn them into filth infested garbage dumps and drug dens? Was it the TEA PARTY or Occupy Wall Street people who vandalized and/or destroyed both public and private property...blocked busy public streets...took over public buildings...committed rapes, beatings and shootings (not to mention openly using drugs) which ended up costing the cities (and businesses) they infested MILLIONS of dollars in clean up/law enforcement costs? Have hundreds of TEA PARTY members been arrested across the country??? Uh, no...that would be your lefty O.W.S. pals. And remember, 'twas these same O.W.S. demonstrators of whom your gal pal Pelosi said: "God bless them for their spontaneity. It's independent ... it's young, it's spontaneous, and it's focused. And it's going to be effective."

How much has the Tea Party cost the cities in which ITS members held their rallies? How many public or private properties did THEY vandalize/take over? For how many of the other incidents I cited above have hundreds of Tea Party members been arrested across the country? Oh, and how many taxpayer funded 'gimme-gimme programs' have they demanded be instituted for their specific benefit?

BTW, the "...majority of the American public really feels that responsibility for the gridlock in the legislative branch lies at the feet of the Republican Party" in very large part due to the constant one-sided bias of the lefty media's reporting. 'Not spin - fact. The average guy in the street in this country as absolutely no clue what's really going on nor whom is actually driving it - PERIOD (as Obama would say).

Yeeeeep. The Tea Party is "RADICAL!!!" alright. Its members want smaller govt, lower taxes, fewer regulations, and meaningful cuts in govt spending...which should ultimately result in eliminating the nat'l debt and operating on a balanced budget...and they want to do it working within the system. No one could POSSIBLY get more "RADICAL!!!" than that, huh. Whyyyy, they sound 'zackly like this country's FOUNDERS...and we all know what radical loons they all were...

Come on, Doug. Smell the coffee.

Good grief...

Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Doug thanks for your reply. If I read correctly the tea party are a faction of the Republican Party, their agenda is smaller Government, reduced spending, lower debt and a balanced budget...
If I was an American I think I would support them.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
One of your greatest IMHO once said " let us not seek the Democrat answer or the Republican answer, let us seek the right answer".

I kin hate politics and politicians but I will chime in. Have the demands of the populus not outgrown anything that various parties can honestly fulfill. Do we need a left ,right or middle party to successfully run a government? A social and welfare program is a no brainer as is the military needs and so on. The financial damage done by the constant changing of policies is little short of ludicrous . Simple calculations could easily come to a bottom line that needs to be met via taxation for the proper running of the country. Instead of voting in a party have a tiered voting system for heads of departments, they do their job or are voted off. I will now slip into my Nomex overalls awaiting a good flaming.

Billy Bob Joe

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
- Henry Ford

marc

Lifetime Supporter
From our local Tea Party web page.

What We Believe

Promoting constitutional governance in every precinct in our districts, one voter at a time.​
We believe in…​

• Personal responsibility
  • Fiscal responsibility
  • Limited government
  • Rule of law
  • National sovereignty
  • Traditional two-party system
(This is the full description without truncation)

This is the radical agenda of our Tea Party. It is a simple idea that the founders of our country have had in their political agenda. Just so it is clear what a Tea Party person is all about. As for Doug, I apologize for threating you and you sound like you did not know the term although its been smattered across news when the Tea Party movement started. Yes, I do like to stir the pot a bit but I don't know where else it could be that I've bullied anyone. I have been bullied and I don't take sh$t anymore. I went through that when I was younger and small. As for political issues, look at what were asking for. Its not crazy. We don't want to give our money away to a government that wastes it on everything.
While back Jim you responded about Tax Rates as a response to Tax Revenue. Show me the income levels of the government during those times. Right now the country is on track for a record, record tax income revenue and still spends more than it makes. Keynesian economics is not helping but hindering business growth and development, where government intervenes in the monetary policy to "save us" from ourselves. Failure to deal properly with the cataclysmic grab for power by the US government at the same time as introducing socialized medicine (part 2 of Obama care, which will be the single payer system should ACA fail and it will), and the theft of the automakers to be given to government ownership and control among other business via IRS, EPA and other Agencies of the the Executive Branch. The discussion of Job Creation and lowering the unemployment rate has been lost in the morass of White House logic. Right now damage control is the primary conclusion of the day.

Simpler times, less government, personal responsibility by the legislature, fiscal responsibility by both legislature and the White House, Following the rule of law means you, BHO follows the promise that he set forth on his inauguration day.

Far to much idle time on my hands, I was just wondering, if all of the presidents prior to Obama had been black, would Obama be our first white president? :)

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
No. He doesn't acknowledge his 'white side'. Neither do any of his fellow lefties. Therefore he couldn't be 'white'.

Some time ago, on one site or another, I referred to him as being 'mulatto' (which he actually is), and boy did I get an earful from the lefty p.c. types! 'Just ONE MORE TRUTH about him the left won't admit.

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
No. He doesn't acknowledge his 'white side'. Neither do any of his fellow lefties. Therefore he'd be 'white'.

Some time ago, on one site or another, I referred to him as being 'mulatto' (which is actually is), and boy did I get an earful from the lefty p.c. types! 'Just ONE MORE TRUTH about him the left won't admit.

Larry once again you have proven that you have absolutly no idea what you are talking about! But that does not stop you from spreading bullshit!

Larry, you say: "He doesn't acknowledge his 'white side'. Neither do any of his fellow lefties.

Larry President Obamas mother was white, everyone knows this except.....you?

Larry I'm what you call a "leftie".....President Obamas mother was white!

I know you have trouble understanding words, so I'll add a photo.

Right-to-left: Barack Obama and Maya Soetoro with their mother Ann Dunham and grandfather Stanley Dunham in Hawaii (early 1970s)

Last edited:
Back