Anyone know this SL-C for sale on ebay?

Has anybody told the guy that is selling the Indy SLC the springs are wrong on the back shocks?

I never new that till it was brought to my attention from a few on here, im sure as hard as I drive mine I would of torn or bent something up with spring bind if it wasn't brought to my attention.

I don't think any of these SLC's will ever bring 100K, 150K, I always buy high an sell low, make it up in volume is my motto.

Sweet car Garry! I still can't believe how fast your car is, nasty little rotary.

I don't think any of these SLC's will ever bring 100K, 150K, I always buy high an sell low, make it up in volume is my motto.

More than 1 have sold for $100k in the past 2 years. Fran has recently sold turn keys for much more too. Of course you always need: The right car for the right buyer at the right time.

There are significant differences between a bare bones interior track car with a crate LS3 motor/Porsche G50, and one with a $50+k drivetrain, custom paint, interior, etc.

Granted, you're almost never going to get what it costs you to build it, especially when you include labor, but $100k isn't a stretch for a well sorted SLC ready to go. The market has shown that even in worse markets.

You still need to have the right buyer and not be in a rush to sell.

That said-your motto is the right one for the car hobby!

The description for the Indy one sounds dubious - it's a concept car called ISC-1, is hundreds of lb lighter than other SLC's, and was driven by T. Stewart to the Brickyard 400. The interior looks terrible IMO.

Tony Stewart drove that? Anybody know what he thought of it?

Thanks for the compliment on my car. I was going to repaint it this year, but I am going to go to track days a few times this year. Getting upolstrey done this year, in a month or 2 when I can drive it over there, winter here.

Next year I will repaint it. Takes longer to tape it off then paint it.

Michael Fling

Supporter
Go buy a new Porsche 911S for $120,000 and see what it is worth in 2 years. I am betting around $90,000ish. I don't see why we get worked up about reduced prices when factory cars depreciate significantly. It is what it is.

I was talking to a friend at the gym yesterday and mentioned that I was disappointed with the Ebay results. He then reminded me that 5 major car auctions were being held in Scottsdale last week, with millions of people attending from all over the world. Barrett Jackson, RM, Russo Steele, Gooding & Company, and Bonhams. Not a good week for an Ebay auction!

I was talking to a friend at the gym yesterday and mentioned that I was disappointed with the Ebay results. He then reminded me that 5 major car auctions were being held in Scottsdale last week, with millions of people attending from all over the world. Barrett Jackson, RM, Russo Steele, Gooding & Company, and Bonhams. Not a good week for an Ebay auction!

You may have been better off entering it in one of them. A GTM sold for $97k at an auction a couple of weeks back.

Go buy a new Porsche 911S for $120,000 and see what it is worth in 2 years. I am betting around $90,000ish. I don't see why we get worked up about reduced prices when factory cars depreciate significantly. It is what it is.

Because anybody with a few cents to rub together can go buy a 911 or similar car. It isn't low volume or anything special. These cars are unique and require love and skill to put together, not a machine.

I'm glad that Al isn't doing what a lot of builders do and start dropping his price like a rock.

You may have been better off entering it in one of them. A GTM sold for $97k at an auction a couple of weeks back.

But after those big auctions start taking their cuts from all the parties that figure quickly drops down.

Funny enough, I was looking at cars before I bought my SLC... one of them was a used 911 with 7k miles on it. Even had the original sticker!

Sticker said it cost new $110k, fully loaded with every option. Was priced at $55k at a stealership.

Some of these cars are thrown together, some have piles of time, upgraded parts, additional parts, features and detail engineering in them. It will forever be difficult to judge what 'your' car is worth compared to others. And will always get "but so-and-so example was bought for x amount below your asking".

Factory cars of course are 'cookie cutter' and a buyer knows exactly what he gets for his money.

These cars will need to be promoted and will sell on each example's virtues, pretty time consuming with much patience required. They are in every sense of the phrase ''1-of-1''.

Almost like a boat, without the water. A hole you just keep chucking money into. It's amazing how fast it adds up.

Woah, there, easy on the boat comments....I have a decent 20 runabout that goes decently fast, fitted with a high end GPS chartplotter and radios. It is really not at all expensive to keep going.. I do pay for year round indoor marina with launching service, but all-in, insurance and maintenance and operating costs for a hundred or so hours a year, its NOT that high....I spend more keeping my C-5 Corvette daily driver on the road! Keeping a junker boat that has age and wear issues, THAT is expensive.. I know some folks that play with superboats, offshore racer types...They can be spendy not only to buy but to fuel for a day of fun at 100+ mph...fueling 3 or 5 thousand HP for hour on end is a real giggle with you pull in to gas up...but as a rule, a good boat, even if often used, is not as expensive to keep going, as most people think it is.

Woah, there, easy on the boat comments....I have a decent 20 runabout that goes decently fast, fitted with a high end GPS chartplotter and radios. It is really not at all expensive to keep going.. I do pay for year round indoor marina with launching service, but all-in, insurance and maintenance and operating costs for a hundred or so hours a year, its NOT that high....I spend more keeping my C-5 Corvette daily driver on the road! Keeping a junker boat that has age and wear issues, THAT is expensive.. I know some folks that play with superboats, offshore racer types...They can be spendy not only to buy but to fuel for a day of fun at 100+ mph...fueling 3 or 5 thousand HP for hour on end is a real giggle with you pull in to gas up...but as a rule, a good boat, even if often used, is not as expensive to keep going, as most people think it is.

I disagree, you can't compare a family boat to a sports car. Boats are money pits. I had a 28 foot boat built for poker runs and every day use.
Its a twin engine 2300Hp total and a top speed so far of 174mph.
Here is a short list of expenses
Boat 462,000.00
Insurance 14,284.00 a year (liability only)
Drive oil change every 20 hours 532.00
Engine oil and filter change every 25 hours 430.00
Engine rebuilds after 100 hours 8,000.00 min
Gas cost at cruising at 150 mph 27.00 to 31.00 a minute.
The high maintenance is due to running a 555 CID engine a 6000 RPM to 7000 RPM all day.
So as you can see sport cars are cheaper to keep than a sport boat.

This topic about what the SL-C is worth in the aftermarket keeps p[opping up from time to time and out of all the SL-C's sold what is it TWO have sold for 100K+. Guys the car is NOT worth more than that period. This recent red one with the motor MIGHT get close to asking price BUT it's going to be one hell of a tough sell. To many names with history at that asking price to demand the extremely optimistic (and lets be real here guys ... some of you are delusional with your estimates about worth). The majority and thus the means price is still under 100K USED for one with a fair bit of factory upgrades and create motor. If you are building to resell you bought the wrong car or better be related to father time because his blood is whats going to keep you alive while waiting to sell at that price. Again there have been the RARE exception BUT the norm doesn't even call for 100K and that's just reality. Why not ask the guy how bought one of the Rapier cars how much he paid Vs. what Rapier was originally asking which was much closer in line with some of your estimates (I only use them as that situation is known by most on here).
You could go custom and than the sky's the limit BUT that holds true with anything custom and at that point that buyer is most likely buying new lets keep that in mind. There is a thing as over customization which makes the car unsellable although pretty to look at no one will ever pony up the $ for it but hey the owner THINKS it's worth 1,000,000,000 dollars.
I've said it before ; the owners of this site should open
up a parts store to rape sorry sorry sell you guys parts because it seems more of you are all to easy to part with your $ without even attempting to look for deals (if any of you pay full price on parts that don't come from the factory for any build you are the exact person I'm speaking off and those that understand or have ever set up a corp know exactly what I'm talking about)
People got all pissy the last time this topic came up when the rapier car was for sale and low and behold ..... lets just say I wasn't proven wrong.
Before all the WELL WHERE'S YOUR CAR nonsense I'll have you know we bought a house last year and wife is 7 month prego so once babby prep stuff is finished and I'm done with this pesky little 79 Fiat Brava 131 abarth clone I'm monkeying with (again where my comment about acquiring parts is proven from personal experience) rest assured an SL-C is planned and wife approved.

Last edited:
Let him ask what he wants for it. There's no harm in that. I laugh at all the GTMs that are for sale for $150k+, but then realize how much these guys had to pay for their body work to be done ($xx,xxx=$75/hr * xxx hours).

It'll probably sell for $129,000. Just my guess.

Back