Anyone know this SL-C for sale on ebay?

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Good luck with the sale Al.

I will say that I don't have anywhere close to 200k in our race car Al.
Keep in mind we ran a Porsche G97/50 transaxle and a crate engine originally.

I did pony up and have a fully built engine done for the SLC but it was an LS3 based 416ci engine running a stock GMPP ecu and wiring harness...$1200 from Jegs/Summit racing...It was still under 600hp and was more for reliability than all out power,

With that said the endurance engine we ran at the VIR 13 hr was a $7500 crate engine with an intake/cam package and was 500hp.

We can recreate the car we ran in SU with all the good true race parts and race engine for under 150k ...which is a bargain for what its capable of at the pointy end of the grid.

No paint, no leather interior or AC though

As has been mentioned the SLC kit does come with brakes and shocks, Brembo and QA1 as stock

Last edited:
"Racing" brakes for $18k? And "Racing" coilovers for $18k? Can I sell you guys some parts, please?

With ducting and proper pad selection, attention to rotor and hat, the AP or Wilwood brakes on the car will race as is - I know, I've been there. I don't know what shocks are on the car, but if QA1s if you get the dyno plots from them and with a revalve they can do the job for a club racer, AFTER you've tuned your spring and bar package.

Brembo Complete Carbon Ceramic Brake Upgrade Porsche 997 Turbo w/o PCCB 06-12
Cusco Comp-X Tarmac Rally Coilovers Subaru STI 04-07

This was a quick search, I'm sure more can be spent, or less.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Just an FYI. as a performance reference on the 01 car.

We use Wilwood off the shelf cast iron rotors on the car , Performance Friction calipers and pads.
The shocks are Penske, the same as we supply to guys wanting track specs SLC's. they are a $3300 option per set in the standard purchase agreement.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
...no way to recoup the $$...

I've found that to be consistantly true with all the cars I've built...except for one; my '62 Biscayne 454/5-gear/9" sedan. 'Sold it for exactly what I had in it after driving it for about 5 years (but, like you said, forget any $$$s for the labor). Reason? The '62 sedan body style in general was (still is?) popular with the "street machine" crowd at the time I sold it.

The SL-Cs are just as popular today in their respective market. So, the only 'issue' Al has that I can see with respect to selling his for what he's asking is connecting with/finding someone who wants an SL-C N-O-W rather than buying a new roller and building his own.

It'll happen...

(An aside: The only car I ever sold for MORE than I paid for it was my '06 Ford GT...but, that obviously wasn't a "kit car", nor a home built "hot rod" or "street machine" project. ['An apples and ox carts comparison.])

Last edited:
Larry, I take it you're talking about the Ford GT (GT40)? If so what did you pay for the car? I know sticker was around $150K, but I don't think one ever sold that low.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Larry, I take it you're talking about the Ford GT (GT40)? If so what did you pay for the car? I know sticker was around $150K, but I don't think one ever sold that low.

'Sticker was $166,945.00...and, yes, some GTs did eventually sell for less than "sticker"...just a few months after I bought mine, actually. :sad:

I paid a 5 figure premium for mine (only because it was the color I wanted AND it was right in my backyard as opposed to being 2,000 miles away)...but, as I mentioned, I got that back when I sold it....and then some.

It's listed on Dupont Registry for $198K.

gooood gooood, I like the general direction these prices are going; does anybody want to buy mine for $350k?

278950_original.jpg

Dumb question:

Why do people rename the brand of the car? The Indianapolis SuperCar ISC-1??? Yuck!!! It's like buying a Mercedes SLS and calling it the Atlanta Super Gullwing 562.

Well fair market bidding went as high as 95.1K on All's car. It seems to have all the top of the line goodies, I don't know if the reserve was met, I think the true value should be a lot higher (IMHO).

This other car (ISC) on the other hand, has not detailed the goodies except for the C/F wrap and a HP figure of 600HP. I don't see serious offers until the finer points of this car are marketed. However I would like to be wrong as a happy owner with a good investment.

The other thing I seriously question is curb weight of 1964LBS, If it is a real weight then you have a good asking price!

Last edited:
Well fair market bidding went as high as 95.1K on All's car. It seems to have all the top of the line goodies, I don't know if the reserve was met, I think the true value should be a lot higher (IMHO).

This other car (ISC) on the other hand, has not detailed the goodies except for the C/F wrap and a HP figure of 600HP. I don't see serious offers until the finer points of this car are marketed. However I would like to be wrong as a happy owner with a good investment.

The other thing I seriously question is curb weight of 1964LBS, If it is a real weight then you have a good asking price!

I believe that car has an LS3, Porsche G50. The transaxel is probably a bit lighter than a Ricardo. I think my car is 2450lbs+, I don't see that car being 500lbs lighter. If he gets $198K, God bless him.

I believe that car has an LS3, Porsche G50. The transaxel is probably a bit lighter than a Ricardo. I think my car is 2450lbs+, I don't see that car being 500lbs lighter. If he gets $198K, God bless him.
The other big issue is top speed. 230 mph is nowhere near close with a g50 and I don't care how high its spinning

The thing I noticed (on the "CF" car) was the lack of vertical on the door when fully opened. Needs to be more otherwise it will be a serious paint to get in and out of.

So Al, did this meet your reserve? Is it sold or are you keeping it?

No, it didn't sell. I will keep it till I get what I'm asking or close to it. Not in a hurry. I don't really know if Ebay is the venue for this car. A few have to sell for better prices to get the $80K thought out of peoples heads. They can be built for that, but there are a lot of expensive builds around.

Has anybody told the guy that is selling the Indy SLC the springs are wrong on the back shocks?

I never new that till it was brought to my attention from a few on here, im sure as hard as I drive mine I would of torn or bent something up with spring bind if it wasn't brought to my attention.

I don't think any of these SLC's will ever bring 100K, 150K, I always buy high an sell low, make it up in volume is my motto.

Attachments

• DSCF1010.jpg
    DSCF1010.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 742
  • DSCF1013.jpg
    DSCF1013.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 666
Back