Australia has new Prime Minister.

Have a thought about this little gem the GillRudd Government left us:

Just like to throw a lovely thought to you all. Remember the Australian Federal Labor Government’s Green car fund it was going to spend $500million that is ($500,000,000) on helping the Aussie car makers build green cars. Well first company to dip their snout into the tax revenue trough was Toyota with its hybrid Camry. (Actually it was more hand feed, as Toyota’s CEO was caught off when it was announced as they never asked for it).
Anyway this supper green Camry was basically an enlarged Prius without the economy. Interestingly, from a consumer perspective most European diesel sedans, of similar sized vehicles, have lower purchase prices and fuel consumption.
Well the first year into the two year production, the total number of sales has resulted in 627 buyers. Note that the federal gave $35,000,000 to Toyota, and not to be out done Brumby (State Labor Government) gave $15,000,000, for a grand total of $50,000,000 as an incentive to build it. Well it means that each car has been subsidised by $79,744.82 each, which is weird as they are selling for a little over $50,000. It seems to me like they should be free, with $12000 of fuel/servicing.
Not to worry the amount subsidised is likely to drop, as it looks like all government organisations are likely to put orders in for them. Noting they subsidised them, is that like paying for it twice. Hey why worry it is only your tax dollars, have a good day at work and keep paying your taxes.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I'm going to KFC for dinner tonight to try the new Julia Gillard value
meal.....
2 small breasts,2 large thighs and a big red box

Rob,
MacDonalds for me.
What do you call a belemic with a yeast infestion?

"Quarter Pounder with Cheese"..

Back