Bathurst 12 hours

Best Bathurst I have seen for years!
Congrats to Nissan. :)

Great race by Bentley and Audi and the others as well.

So much variety.
4 seconds faster than the taxicabs!
With luck this race will spell the end of the farce that is v8 supercar and its horrible forced monopoly on Australian racing.

Congrat's also to 7 for their coverage. The coverage, racing and variety took me back to Bathurst's glory years.

Looked like the spirit of the body-line series might colour things for a while but overall I found myself glued to the TV, and that hasn't happened to me for a long long time.

Tim.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Re: Bathurst 12 hour

There should be a like button, totally agree mate. I'm glad the Bentley didn't win,worlds ugliest car.

I should also have mentioned the organisers, marshals etc. Their efforts to get the race finished under green after the last incident gave the race the climactic end it deserved.

Tim.

Evo... Forgive my typos. I can't edit here for some reason and I have an iPhone that doesn't speak English.

Tim.

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter

Everyone's out there buying up Nissans this week -- gotta hand it to the Pomms though for sending out the royal barge to race --it did sound good

Keith

Well firstly I tried to watch the last hour, but 4 laps of racing in 28 minutes did not float my boat so I gave up.

Secondly, I will move this to The Race Track Forum as that's where it belongs..

Very interesting: Howard just alerted me to this race and the result yesterday. For the last two years the Bentley team and some Ferrari team cars were testing the Tuesday and Wednesday before we got on the track for the Tahbilk Challenge starting Thursday. Kind of surreal as we were pretty much the only people at the track - to hear the Ferraris and the Bentleys at full chat with no other noise around. The first year I was thinking maybe there were some seriously rich Aussies out playing with some track day cars, this year I upgraded to wondering why European teams (complete with their big rigs) were testing at PI......now I know why. I'll have to check out the race coverage:)

Keith

Yeah I just got the ass with it. I'll go back and have another go. Tell me, is is the same race as last year with the SVG and MC12 epic drive, won by Cerebus Merc? No Macca this year?

Glenn M

Supporter
Yes that was edge of the seat stuff, but really crap coverage to miss all the action at the very last corner. :thumbsdown:

Glenn

Back