Best Looking GT40 - Or Worst Looking GT40

Al Murray(the pub landlord) got it right when he said "some people have opinions - I talk facts!".All this bo***cks about beauty being in the eye of the beholder, no no no!Fact-only candidate for best is MK1 Gulf+flares(note spelling), so no point in debating.Candidates for worst are almost too numerous to debate. Provocative or what!

The best looking,,,The bigger the butt, wider the hip,,,,YES I like. MK 1 with + Gulf flares and no less than 14" wide tires.

The Ugliest? I thought I mentioned that in some other post didn't I? Just look up the survey /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hi guiys here are 1075 (mime) and 1076 (just completed) from CAV Canada (Ian Clark). Great work Ian!!!
These two won't be together long as 1076 is destined for Calgary Alberta, quite far away.
VERY VERY COOL!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Attachments

• 52119-AP1075-JP1076a2.JPG
    52119-AP1075-JP1076a2.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 482
Sorry about the spelling. No espresso yet.
(Guys and mine duh)
here's another pic

Attachments

• 52120-AP1075-JP1076c2.JPG
    52120-AP1075-JP1076c2.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 491
last one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 52121-AP1075-JP1076d2.JPG
    52121-AP1075-JP1076d2.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 488
Gary the snow is that high from plowing off the parking lot. It's not that high all around. Heck I drove the beast last Sat and yesterday getting it to the shop. It's being prepped for the Toronto International Auto show starting this Thurs for a week. Again by invitation from Ford. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

52121-AP1075-JP1076d2.JPG

Doesn't it look like the car on the left has a different offset of rim in the rear? It looks like the rear tire is inward quite a bit compared to the car at the right.

Very good catch. Yes it's true the car on the left (1075) has the original rear set up from the factory. Ian has developed the wider stance as part of an option package he offers for sale both here in Canada and the US. It looks right and defintely adds more meaness to the car. 1075 will have this addition this spring, after return from the car show. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hi Angelo,
Unfortunatly, my time in Burlington was very short and I was unable to meet you down there. Hopefully this year I can make it down again. Ian has talked about running a photo shoot at Mosport with the two cars, which would be a very cool time to meet. Unless of course you're coming down my way. Calgary has seen nothing like this. It would freak a lot of people out.

The pictures almost look like John Wyer's garage all over again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Ron McCall

Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
Very good catch. Yes it's true the car on the left (1075) has the original rear set up from the factory. Ian has developed the wider stance as part of an option package he offers for sale both here in Canada and the US. It looks right and defintely adds more meaness to the car. 1075 will have this addition this spring, after return from the car show. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually like the original narrow look better.
MHO

Hi John. Sorry we did not get together. A photo shoot at Mosport would be way cool.I have no plans to get your way soon, even though we do some business out your way. Hold on to your steering wheel when the car gets there . It knocks the socks off ALL who see it. The first time Ian and I showed tha car we had 3 guys for crowd control. It wasn't enough. So be ready!!
It looks good and sounds great!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Jon in Virginia I will see what I can get Ian to post for the gruop to see, with John of Calgary permission of course as he may want to post the pics himself as it is his car and he should, like all the rest here, be very pruod of his new baby. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hopefully one of these days, I'll be able to meet up with my fellow Canadians. My eventual goal is to drive my GT-40 from Ottawa all the way to Vancouver Island, visit for a bit before heading south to San Diego and then back to Ontario via Route 66..

See you all at the Toronto show!!!

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Post what ever pictures of the car you guys want. Ian has the car anyway.
I satisfies my fix for the car until delivery /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've never really considered the MkIV a GT40 though it was the end result of the program. Not counting the F3L. But like five Miss America's the ugliest would suit me fine as long as she had a good disposition. They didn't make an ugly GT40.

Mirage (does anyone make a kit??)
MK1 (Gulf body)
MK2
MK4
MK3 (Worst Looking)

The Mirage causes my jaw to drop, I get dizzy, then I begin to studder--she's just too attractive. I'd pass out if had one in the garage.

While the Gulf flares do add a little flair to the overall appearance, I actually prefer the original look, with wires. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

GT403jpeg-vi.jpg

That being said, John and 'frknfast', your cars look fantastic! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Jim

Back