Best roller rockers and mounts ?

A....what are you doing at a race meeting with a standard pick up like that ?

B.......do as everybody says, brazing, gussets etc, even a strap to a main stud.

C...... you have got a balance / vibration problem, fix that first or it all ends in tears.

Mike

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Thanks lads--I'll mend me ways --have a sneeky suspicion that it may have been manufactured by a Mr Fu ching of the Orient.
Mike , C.. you got me worried about vibrations --although it was all balanced before assy.
B.. will do
A.. what are the other options ??

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Chris !!

A better option would be to put a small block Chevy in it (smile). It would last longer, with fewer problems !!!

You know you want to.

Regards Brian

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Tch! Tch! Brian, Cobras only have Ford motors and we have to stick with it as the princess drives the wheels off it so I can get all my brownie points.

The good news is that the T70 has a chevy in it --- and it gives no trouble at all .....................

Thanks lads--I'll mend me ways --have a sneeky suspicion that it may have been manufactured by a Mr Fu ching of the Orient.
Mike , C.. you got me worried about vibrations --although it was all balanced before assy.
B.. will do
A.. what are the other options ??

Chris,
don't know what combination you have but we have come accross all sorts of balance / vibration problems particularly with the cheaper end cranks and definately with "kits" that come ready balanced.........not !
We have junked loads of cranks, even from some very well known engine suppliers, because of the problem.
Mike

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Found a good 'ole OEM pre tested pick up and braced it -- all good, running and back to normal again---

Attachments

• windsor oil pump and brace (2) (Small).jpg
    windsor oil pump and brace (2) (Small).jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 243
If the cam is of very high lift, it could be pivoting the Rocker Arms to the point they are contacting the studs at full lift, thus forcing the stud to attempt to flex. Or if the studs are poorly designed they could become fatigued and snap at the point where the threads join the unthreaded portion of the stud.

Back