Bob's GT Forte scratch build.

Hi Bob,
Just checked out your build and I was also wondering about the Lack of a jig in the photos but you answered that. As for the multible photos. When you got the box where your browse and down load them, is there not more than one line? when I do it you go to Browse, select your photo, click on it then go back to browse on the next line, select the next photo click and repeat the process moving down the lines, there should be provision for 6 photos once you have that done click on the "Upload photo". they will appear below the Browser box once they are uploaded and the browser box above will be empty so you could do another 6. Once you have them all uploaded you click the " submit" and they should appear on your page.
I hope that helps, Cheers Leon.

Hi Bob,
Just checked out your build and I was also wondering about the Lack of a jig in the photos but you answered that. As for the multible photos. When you got the box where your browse and down load them, is there not more than one line? when I do it you go to Browse, select your photo, click on it then go back to browse on the next line, select the next photo click and repeat the process moving down the lines, there should be provision for 6 photos once you have that done click on the "Upload photo". they will appear below the Browser box once they are uploaded and the browser box above will be empty so you could do another 6. Once you have them all uploaded you click the " submit" and they should appear on your page.
I hope that helps, Cheers Leon.

Hi Leon thanks for the advice.
Yes I filled each line with a photo but it only uploaded one?
No idea what I am doing wrong.
Will try again next time.

Jigs - I should have shown what I did instead of just doing it.
To be honest it never occurred to me but it could have been useful to others with a similair lack of space.
I wouldn't reccomend anyone with little experience to try to build the way I did.
It was a bit of a pain and took forever.
I am an ex panelbeater/welder I also have my mechanics and technology certificates and a lifetimes experience.
Having said that, I have seen builds on this forum that have left me amazed at the ability of some of you guys.
Just hope I can reach that bar cause it's set pretty high!

I think your problem could be your photos are too big, I had that issue when I used a different camera so I reset the camera and bingo all good again. I'm also an ex panelbeater horrible trade to work in but very good if you are a car nut and into racing/rallying like I have been for some 40yrs. There are some pretty amazing things happening on this forum and I'm humbled by some of the talent you see here. Good luck with your journey and I'll drop in from time to time and watch your progress. It can be a long hard road, 6yrs so far for me and still a way's to go but the satisfaction is worth the trip.

Cheers Leon.

Most of the welding on the chassis is finally done.
Just the door hinge area to sort this week.
It will be good to start throwing parts on.
Taking a fairly relaxed attitude to fabricating the alloy panels.
I don't think many of us see it as the favourite part of the build

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 1,150
Wow, long time since I posted anything.
After a winter break I have been cracking on with the build. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 856
Shiny panels and shiny sound deadening. Makes a change from welding.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 739
Last edited:
looking good Bob :)

Thanks Lee.
Still a lot of work to do before I come back for more panels.
Here's a picture from last November.
I had to decide how to hinge the doors.
I decided to use rose joints in a similar way to Southern GT.
I put the Spyder on and Found it very easy to align the doors/Spyder/sills.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 668
With regard to panels.
I wouldn't advise anyone to tackle these unless they have access to some high quality equipment.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 775
Been getting a bit done.
A bit of summer sun helps.

Attachments

• 2016-08-05 12.40.43.jpg
    2016-08-05 12.40.43.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 694
  • 2016-08-05 12.41.45.jpg
    2016-08-05 12.41.45.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 631
  • 2016-08-05 12.41.19.jpg
    2016-08-05 12.41.19.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 600
  • 2016-08-05 12.44.00.jpg
    2016-08-05 12.44.00.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 634

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Looks great Bob
Is your firewall double skinned and did you fill with insulation?

If not before fitting more stuff I suggest sticking heat mat on the engine side to reflect heat back into the engine bay

Ian

Thanks Ian.
Yes it is double skinned.
I am using reflective sound deadening mat on all the internal panels.
I plan to use "Fire-foam" on the bulkhead.
All the panels you see are being secured with 5mm stainless screws.
No doubt they will be removed/refitted more than once.
I will finally screw and bond them in place.
I used pop rivets (1000 of them!) on the floor sections and inner panels but I just hate the look of them.

I wasn't keen on the small towers locating the top trailing arms on the chassis so I extended upwards and tied into the cross bar.
Southern GT do something similair and I think I have also seen an arrangement like this on GTD

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 741
Back