Boston Marathon

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Jeff it sounds like this "smarter than you" conservative likes to throw people into groups, well my guess is whom ever did this cowardly act will neither align with you or me...we may disagree on how we handle what the punishment should be when this all shakes out but that's another story..
Point is I was born with a brain that allows me to think and reason and come to a logical conclusion, I may be right I may be wrong but yet I have that ability......Often times politics restrict that ability to think independently in fear of falling from the group.

His point is that if you start assuming, now, before the facts are in that the perperator of this mess is a member of this group or that group (as you just did) before the facts are in then the bad guys have already won.

So I'd suggest that none of us do that.

His point is that if you start assuming, now, before the facts are in that the perperator of this mess is a member of this group or that group (as you just did) before the facts are in then the bad guys have already won.

So I'd suggest that none of us do that.
Fair enough..

The gulf between good and evil is ever so widening. Evil is getting worse, but the good is getting really good. Too many times we don't get to see the good because they are often times small acts of kindness for a friend or neighbor. I still believe in the greater good of man.

I agree that these perpetrators are not human. There is another word. Evil

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
The gulf between good and evil is ever so widening. Evil is getting worse, but the good is getting really good. Too many times we don't get to see the good because they are often times small acts of kindness for a friend or neighbor. I still believe in the greater good of man.

Now that IS profound. Good for you, and all of us. Maybe the evil is not only worse, but LOOKS worse, because the good is more visible.

Keith

The more time that passes, the more this ghastly crime is getting a kind of "domestic" feel to it, despite the fact that the method appears to have been previously employed by terrorists of a certain denomination.

I feel a little bit sorry for the FBI who have to conduct a difficult investigation in the demanding glare of the media and the complex needs of the victims and their families.

I only hope it doesn't come to the kind of "blame game" where the Police are shown to be incompetent or similar, and thus "blame" is shifted from the perpetrators on to those that could (or should) have prevented the incident according to the vultures of the media.

Can anyone please tell me what the difference between a "terrorist" and a "dissident" is? Not rhetoric, it's a genuine request.

A dissident is just someone who opposes their leader/gov't/whatever.
A terrorist may well be a dissident but a dissident is not always a terrorist - tiger is a cat, cat is not necessarily a tiger.

I don't want to get into this conversation as it is probably going to get ugly.
Suffice to say that our thoughts are with you Boston, and hopefully the inhuman scum that murdered and maimed your people and guests are tracked down and dealt with quickly.

Peace to all.

Tim.

Last edited:
So, what a hypocritical reactions about that litle bomb/blast,
happens in Irak,Libia/Afganistan all the time 24/7/365,
after that that great USA has brought Freedom and Democracy
over there, unbelievable hypocrites !!
USA, change your attitude, that will help everybody on this planet !!
Bauermann.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Hey bauerman............How big would have "that little blast" be if your 8 year old son had his head blown off? Opinion is one thing, but that one was off the stupid chart.

We'll find em and kill em, don't you worry your pretty little head. America and our friends have been doing this for a long time. Were not done yet. I suspect it's going to take a bit longer. The real danger is we stop. Who's going to save you next time you need savin if we don't.

Maybe you can ask Putin for some help the next a Hitler shows up on your doorstep?

Last edited:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
So, what a hypocritical reactions about that litle bomb/blast,
happens in Irak,Libia/Afganistan all the time 24/7/365,
after that that great USA has brought Freedom and Democracy
over there, unbelievable hypocrites !!
USA, change your attitude, that will help everybody on this planet !!
Bauermann.

You seem to believe that everyone in the USA shares the same beliefs and opinions. As my sister has lived in Holland for the last 30+ years, I know that is not true of the Dutch.

You have earned a little time off from the forum as this will allow you time to reflect on your insensitivity to not only the people who's lives were touched or shattered by this devastating event - but to the people of an entire nation.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Post number 28 should be destroyed if admin have that ability. What a wan*er!

Typical, Mark has made it clear over and over, any view that he does not agree with should be censored/destroyed.

Yes Mark, this may supprise you, but some people do have opinions that differ from you, I do not agree with Bauermann's post, but I respect his right to express it.

Mark, perhaps open discussions where both sides are represented is not your thing.

It seems that GT40s.com is just not repressive enough for your taste.

Perhaps you should start your own site so you can then censor all views except yours..................................

Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Perhaps Jim for once in your life you could exercise some sensitivity and stop trying to turn every post into a Craik is right and the rest are wrong fest?

In with the good thoughts, out with the bad thoughts (all we are saying).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_Amt83hvhM]BUDDHIST CHANT - OM Mantra 2 hour meditation with Tibetan Monks - YouTube[/ame]

QUOTE=Big-Foot]Dear bauermannv8,

You have received an infraction at GT40s.com.

Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)
-------
Please try to not be so insulting of our membership let alone the people of an entire country..

Thank you.

Regards - Randy
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

All the best,
GT40s.com[/QUOTE]

Exactly, this is what is meant with hypocrites,
that why people starts to hate that USA attitude,
i am real sorry for the good folks over there,
Wilfried Bauemann

Throughout the history of the United States we have been involved all over the world

trying to right what we perceive as wrongs to oppressed people. We have been assisted

by very giving allies. We have given generations of our youth for these causes, all of which

have been deemed either right or wrong by the world populous. The people of Europe and South

Korea are among others that owe their way of life to America and its Allies and the young

and old that sacrificed everything. We have been, and are in wars that are unpopular. All

of us have family members or friends that have given all. No matter what we do, we won’t

be looked on in high regard by everyone. Unfortunately, those that try to do well are

always hated by some. At the same time, had the USA and it’s Allies sat on their hands

while atrocities were committed, the world would be a very different and terrible place to

live.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Al,

I rarely agree with you, but this is one of those times. Like I said, I do not agree with what Mr Bauemann said, but I absolutely defend his right to say it.

I think this is a good time to close with a photo of a small portion of the US war graves in The Netherlands.

Last edited:
Back