Boston Marathon

Oh, but, Doug, doing that would: 1- be non p.c., 2- might "offend" a particular group/religion, 3- would be considered "profiling", 4- would most definitely be "bigoted", 5- probably would be considered a "war crime" by U.S. bashers everywhere, aaaaaand, 6- would "prove" what a big ole nasty "BULLY" the U.S. is.

Yes, I tend to agree with most of this, and I'm OK with it. :laugh:

I think the problem is religion, not just the Muslim religion but all religions.
. You can go back throughout history and more wars have been fought and more people have died in the name of someone's God I suspect than any other reason.
And of course God is always on the side of the victorious.
Note I said the problem is Religion not your particular God. It is the people who come after your God or Prophet, who bastardise the teachings and manipulate the sheeple to their hypocritical ways to give themselves power and
wealth, normally at the expense of the poor bastards that follow them.

Pete

As what some would term a practicing Christian (who needs to do a lot less preaching and a lot more practicing) I have to agree with what you say. Although I would add I have personally seen more good than bad done in the name of religion

In order to defeat your 'enemy' you first have to get inside his head and think like he does and that is why Nick's post bears much closer examination and understanding.

Keith,

Thanks

"It's not right to respond to terrorism by terrorizing other people. And furthermore, it's not going to help. Then you might say, "Yes, it's terrorizing people, but it's worth doing because it will end terrorism." But how much common sense does it take to know that you cannot end terrorism by indiscriminately dropping bombs?"

Howard Zinn (August 24, 1922 – January 27, 2010)
Boston University from 1964-88

"It's not right to respond to terrorism by terrorizing other people. And furthermore, it's not going to help. Then you might say, "Yes, it's terrorizing people, but it's worth doing because it will end terrorism." But how much common sense does it take to know that you cannot end terrorism by indiscriminately dropping bombs?"

Howard Zinn (August 24, 1922 – January 27, 2010)
Boston University from 1964-88

How much common sense does it take to know that a religious belief is not going to move forward by killing and maiming innocent people with bombs? When the US an it's allies drop bombs, it's far from indiscriminate. The terrorist depend on that knowledge and hide in mosques, schools and among women and children. Terrorist target the innocent. Have you ever heard of a terrorist being reviled for collatoral damage? All their attacks are only collatoral damage.

how much common sense does it take to know that you cannot end terrorism by indiscriminately dropping bombs?"post # 122.

Nick do you know what the R.A.F did in 1922 (19 Twenty Two) in Irak?

Z.C.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Well, it seems it's going on all over the place - not just Boston. The French have been attacked at one of their Emabassies by a car bomb for their involvement in Mali, and the Canadians have foiled a train bombing by Al Qaieda operatives.
Interestingly some Elder in one of the Mosques in Toronto
came on TV this morning saying how he was part of the operation to uncover these - I cannot call them people -
jihadists.
It seems the Canadians are much more on the ball as they foiled a previous large scale attempt as well. Is there a problem with the FBI and so called undercover plots and conspiracies or are they a bit - how can I say this politely - a bit slow....?
They often appear rather thick when they make announcements on television but that may be deliberate.
We will never know.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Well, it seems it's going on all over the place - not just Boston. The French have been attacked at one of their Emabassies by a car bomb for their involvement in Mali, and the Canadians have foiled a train bombing by Al Qaieda operatives.
Interestingly some Elder in one of the Mosques in Toronto
came on TV this morning saying how he was part of the operation to uncover these - I cannot call them people -
jihadists.
It seems the Canadians are much more on the ball as they foiled a previous large scale attempt as well. Is there a problem with the FBI and so called undercover plots and conspiracies or are they a bit - how can I say this politely - a bit slow....?
They often appear rather thick when they make announcements on television but that may be deliberate.
We will never know.

The train bombing plot in Canadian was foiled by other Muslims turning in the perps, not by Canadian authorities.

Muslims tipped off Canada to al-Qaida-linked train plot

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Curious. Where did it go 'off topic' in your opinion?
I think your comment is unwarranted and probably finished this topic off completely.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Curious. Where did it go 'off topic' in your opinion?
I think your comment is unwarranted and probably finished this topic off completely.

Was the original topic related to the bombing of civilians in Iraq?
The thread actually started veering off topic a few times now. I'm trying to save it...

If you would rather talk about something else, you can always start another thread in the paddock.

Or you could do something really friggen weird and talk about (((gulp))) CARS!!! :thumbsup:

Back