Boston Marathon

Bob, you're just jealous because you didn't get tenure. We know these things. Your mistake was allowing Craik to sit on your tenure committee. Plus you let him proofread your dissertation. Not wise moves IMHO.

So true, so true,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, so, crack sat on Ayer's tenure? How did that feel/go over?

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
It seems the various ethnic groups will only condemn their errant young men after the events take place. We live in the area where some of them grew up, went to Pakistan and did their so called jihadi training, recorded their martydom videos, and then came back here, stored their munitions in our local woods and then attempted to bomb London. FACT :The families of these shitheads and elders knew all about it but never let on to the authorities.
Its a terrible fact, but nevertheless true, that you Americans are being led by the nose wether you like it or not. When will it happen again? God only knows but it will certainly happen. I'm sure that plans are already being made for another jihadist attack on your shores.
Dont get me wrong. I like the U.S.A. and my American friends immensely (what few I have) but a large majority of Americans are 'slightly' unaware that there is a vast world outside of the USA, and in that outside world there are a large amount of people that really don't care about you and your feelings.

I watched a short/aborted interview with the father this am. His level of denial was disconcerting. Seems like his takeaway from this sordid episode is that the USA is in the wrong, persecuting and framing his angelic sons. Which will only fuel some other miscreants misplaced anger in the future.

Coexistence through tolerance!

I feel better knowing that you all know that I am about as tolerant as I'm gonna get. :~^

Attachments

• dems.jpg
    dems.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 249
a large majority of Americans are 'slightly' unaware that there is a vast world outside of the USA, and in that outside world there are a large amount of people that really don't care about you and your feelings.

Understatement of the year if there ever was one. "Slightly" - You are too kind sir!

Most Americans don't see beyond their own state let alone their own city block. Bigger problem with us is that we "know" these dirtbags are connecting and becoming motivated, and we choose simply to react after the fact vs. taking a more proactive approach.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
This section of the GT40s forum is now officially being renamed "The Crack and Fechter Show" or "Jim vs. Bob"

I plan to charge admission..... if I can just figure out how to do it. LOL

Well, obviously, the first thing you do is eliminate the "cheap shots," and charge for each shot taken, just like our government has done.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
...we "know" these dirtbags are connecting and becoming motivated, and we choose simply to react after the fact vs. taking a more proactive approach.

Oh, but, Doug, doing that would: 1- be non p.c., 2- might "offend" a particular group/religion, 3- would be considered "profiling", 4- would most definitely be "bigoted", 5- probably would be considered a "war crime" by U.S. bashers everywhere, aaaaaand, 6- would "prove" what a big ole nasty "BULLY" the U.S. is.

So no, no, NO! We must use "diplomacy" and "sanctions" instead (in a "sensitive" way, of course)...maybe send strong letters of protest on occasion as well (sensitively worded, naturally) and ignore the time-proven adage that the best defense is a dang good offense.

Now, I want you to go sign up for sensitivity training immediately...

It seems the various ethnic groups will only condemn their errant young men after the events take place. We live in the area where some of them grew up, went to Pakistan and did their so called jihadi training, recorded their martydom videos, and then came back here, stored their munitions in our local woods and then attempted to bomb London. FACT :The families of these shitheads and elders knew all about it but never let on to the authorities.
Its a terrible fact, but nevertheless true, that you Americans are being led by the nose wether you like it or not. When will it happen again? God only knows but it will certainly happen. I'm sure that plans are already being made for another jihadist attack on your shores.
Dont get me wrong. I like the U.S.A. and my American friends immensely (what few I have) but a large majority of Americans are 'slightly' unaware that there is a vast world outside of the USA, and in that outside world there are a large amount of people that really don't care about you and your feelings.

David, spot-on!

and ignore the time-proven adage that the best defense is a dang good offense.

Larry you have tried that before.

The remote corner on North West Pakistan that boarders Afghanistan used to be governed by tribes. There was no army in the area, no police force and no problems, then Russia invaded Afghanistan.

The U.S.A. did not like this so they sent military personnel to the area to train locals in terrorist techniques to arm them, and to actively encourage them to fight a Jihad against the Russians.

Eventually the Russians left and these US trained Jihadist’s turned their attention towards the West To counteract these terrorists the U.S. now regularly sends in drones to bomb the area, and these drones regularly kill civilians including children, but that is acceptable because we are fighting terrorism and need to be strong.

So tell me Larry, supposing a foreign power had decided to take a pro active stance. In order to fight the terrorists that bombed Boston they would send a drone in to take them out. Suppose in doing so they also took out American civilian families. Suppose this happened on a regular basis month after month with hundreds if not thousands killed. Suppose none of these events were extensively reported by the worlds media, or condemned by world leaders.

How do you think the citizens of the U.S. would react, how do you think the families of the civilians killed, the parents of the children killed, would feel towards those who had sent the drones in, or those that supported sending the drones in?

but a large majority of Americans are 'slightly' unaware that there is a vast world outside of the USA, and in that outside world there are a large amount of people that really don't care about you and your feelings.

Unfortunately David, whilst two wrongs do not make a right that works both ways. Look at what the Buddhists are doing to Muslims in Burma and no one in the rest of the word seems to care.

Imagine if that number on civilians were being murdered in Australia, the U.S.A. the UK etc etc, I suspect there would be a bit more “fuss” made than there appears to be at present.

Last edited:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
By golly, Nick, you're right. We should just sit on our hands and never target terrorists we find hiding amongst the innocent...which means never target them at all because they always hide amongst the innocent. We should just "suck it up" and give them carte blanche to plan attacks wherever they want, train wherever they want, build bombs wherever they want, PLANT bombs wherever they want, store arms wherever they want, etc. We should just be sitting ducks and do NOTHING to preempt diddley.

'Fact of life these days, Nick: We have to hit terrorist targets wherever they are. We have no other choice. It's the terrorists who, through their actions, have decided to put the innocent in harm's way. (You might want to remember that drone strikes are a lot more "surgical" than the bombs ENGLAND dropped on the Germans in WWII.)

The U.S.A....sent military personnel to the area to train locals in terrorist techniques to arm them, and to actively encourage them to fight a Jihad against the Russians.

Other than choosing to go in and drive the Russians out ourselves, what other option was available? I suppose we ought to have left Saddam in Kuwait too? 'Left Hitler in Europe?

So tell me Larry, supposing a foreign power had decided to take a pro active stance. In order to fight the terrorists that bombed Boston they would send a drone in to take them out. Suppose in doing so they also took out American civilian families. Suppose this happened on a regular basis month after month with hundreds if not thousands killed. Suppose none of these events were extensively reported by the worlds media, or condemned by world leaders.

You're comparing two terrorists IN America executing ONE op against America to Jihadists sitting in/operating out of this-or-that foreign country who continuously are plotting/launching attacks against America/Americans and the citizens of said foreign countries??? Seriously? Exactly what SELF INTEREST could your hypothetical foreign country HAVE in doing what you suggest? Why would said foreign govt consider itself threatened by the actions of two loons in Boston? And WHY would said nation need to bomb American civilians for months to take out these two pukes??? We killed one and captured the other IN 5 DAYS w/o a single citizen being killed by anyone other than the two terrorists pukes themselves. Red herring much?

Good lord...

Nick are you justifying the actions of these jihadists???

Absolutely not, your appear to have misunderstood me totally.

'Fact of life these days, Nick: We have to hit terrorist targets wherever they are. We have no other choice. It's the terrorists who, through their actions, have decided to put the innocent in harm's way. (You might want to remember that drone strikes are a lot more "surgical" than the bombs ENGLAND dropped on the Germans in WWII.)

Well Larry you are very lucky it's these days and we didn't adopt the same approach you advocate in past years.

"Following the emergence of the modern republican movement in 1969, the Provisional IRA quickly turned to its Irish-American supporters for funds and guns."

We killed one and captured the other IN 5 DAYS w/o a single citizen being killed by anyone other than the two terrorists pukes themselves. Red herring much?

Good lord...

In my opinion I don't think you understand the true significance of that statement.

Last edited:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Deflect, divert, and redirect...right, Nick?

'Little-to-no-point in pursuing this any further I would guess...

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I think the problem is religion, not just the Muslim religion but all religions.
. You can go back throughout history and more wars have been fought and more people have died in the name of someone's God I suspect than any other reason.
And of course God is always on the side of the victorious.
Note I said the problem is Religion not your particular God. It is the people who come after your God or Prophet, who bastardise the teachings and manipulate the sheeple to their hypocritical ways to give themselves power and
wealth, normally at the expense of the poor bastards that follow them.

Keith

In order to defeat your 'enemy' you first have to get inside his head and think like he does and that is why Nick's post bears much closer examination and understanding.

Back