Budget conscious Track only car

will defnately hold off buying any other "trackday" machine for 2009 until i have investigated/seen this car further. Quite caught my imagination....

wont be around for a few weeks.....so one all all..

...HAPPY HOLIDAYS..

would be nice to go round that new track on your doorstep in a Nemesis when I visit in the Spring :thumbsup:

ps heard it's gonna be -5 deg C in Portugal next week :laugh:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
This car will kick some serious tail...

I'd love to see one with a body like that of a Spec Racer Ford.. Some of us like the additional downforce...

SRF_9416-05.jpg

Ron Earp

Admin
I'd love to see one with a body like that of a Spec Racer Ford.. Some of us like the additional downforce...

A buddy of mine and I were discussion SRF's the other day. If SCCA Enterprises would make the thing not look so much like a turd I think the class would be even more popular than it is. As you well know, the body is just a shell - why not make it look attractive AND allow it to generate downforce?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
A shell such as the Radical or Stohr would work as well - I was just using the SRF as an example...

BTW - The SRF does create a fair amount of downforce... I've put a number of laps on them up at BIR and can tell you that they are as docile as anything you'd want to drive at 135 MPH (flat out) going through Turn 1 and 2... Could literally dance around the track and take those corners anywhere I please - Apex be damned. Couldn't do that without the downforce..

--edit--
I DO think that it's time that SCCA update the body though - this one's been around for an eternity...

I agree. There was an all carbon Lola at VIR earlier this fall, similar in size to the above picture. Really not that attractive, but sweet momma was it fast! The radical does have good lines - it looks more like a modern LMP car.

And the look does matter. That Lotus 7-like thingy with the big wing on it an Run-and-Gun was supposedly very fast, but I have no interest in owning one. It looked like the bastard child of a Chaparral and a shifter kart.

I agree...stock pan but with a windage tray and a simple mod to the oil pick up installed....no need for dry sump though as was suggested..so the oiling system is still stock..
I have a Koenig billet oil pan on the shelf to test should the need arise, but these are only a major requirement when the engine is turned through 90 degrees....and I am pretty confident it's not necessary.
I have a good friend that spent tens of thousands of dollars developing motorcycle oiling systems for dry and wet sump for a very high profile bike engined race car manufacturer...
I always defer to him and follow his lead...he is a much smarter guy than me...

Hank????

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Wow, that is an absolutely incredible rendering of this car. I have a friend who's considering one of these once they're available and once I send him this picture, he's going to be blowing up Fran's phone. LOL

Great work guys!!!

I'll take four. Fenders that is. Looks great Fran. Any other views of the car? I'd really like to see the front.

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Oh SNAP!

(My family just said they cannot believe I said oh snap. It just slipped out. Too many girls in my house.)

It's OK. I say it all the time as well as a bunch of other slang crap. I'm only 30 and yes, I listen to rap. Sorry, I do (only old school gangsta rap form the 90's and early 2000's, I'm a purist). LOL Anyway, my 12 year old step-daughter picks up on my slang all the time. I even have her throwing up the "Dub" for Westside all the time. It's fun and funny. I'm sure when I get older and say some "hip" stuff, my kids and grandkids will crap themselves. Hahaha.

Do you call your kids "Dude"? I sure do. LOL

im really loving this! wonder if an F1 inspired replica would'nt look out of place on this beaut. what would one give for some downforce! :thumbsup:

Back