building guide kva type C

I hope this is the right forum,
Does anybody know how to get a buiding guide for a kva type C
I know that the kit's were sold with them
I've bought one but all the part's including bodywork are not fitted right
So if anyone can help me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Frank

FRank,
There was never a guide that I am aware of for the KVA. Ken Atwell's view apparently was "If you have to ask, you shouldn't be building one", howver, I may be wrong from a long line of Chinese Whispers. The best resource that I am aware of is Ken Saunder's web site www.gt40club.com.

Brett

Howard Jones

Supporter
You might want to get a hold of a GTD build manual. The two cars KVA and GTD will go together in about the same order and with most of the same skills. Of course many individual parts will be different but they will more or less go on in the same way.

At least you will have a general view of how to proceed and what you might be missing.

The first car is the hard one. Once you have one under your belt it will all seam like it should have been easy. But many of us have forgotten standing out in the garage alone and just staring at the boxes and wondering what in the hell have I gotten myself into.

It will be OK, I promise! Remember a little bit each day and before you know it, it will be start the engine day!

The thing is I've build the bonito (picture) myself for about 18/20 years ago and had to invent the total car
every little thing on it was new and just like the gt40 every car is different i did build a fiat engine on a beetle gearbox and in my memory i know al the problems i had.
I have the car now for 20 years and the last 10 years i didn't drove it and it's going for sale now because the real thing's what i've got now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif
The main difference between the bonito and the gt40 is that there are a lot of people with more experience with building the gt40 and i am wiser to ask for help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif
So now i'm trying to finish the car first time right and within 6 months /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif (wishfull thinking)
That's why i'm gathering as much info as i can get, and luckely every body on this forum is eager to help (like myself whenever i can)

Frank

Back