C8 Corvette transaxle

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
People have been discussing this transaxle as a option on here. Just saw this on Ebay. It was sold by the time I saw it. It would need tons of electronics to make it work, but it went cheap in my opinion.

Regards Brian

That’s a steal at that price granted someone develops a controller for it. I belive Dodson Engineering ran some tests on the stock clutches and they only start to slip around 600-650 ft-lb, pushing a 3,600lbs car. I’m afraid the canbus might be encrypted and vin locked so therefore getting the GM controller to talk to another ECU will be next to impossible. I’m still hoping some company can develop a controller for it. These type of boxes have been around for like 15yrs now. And fundamentally they all work the same.

Just to clarify things there are standalone ECUs that control such boxes for example maxxecu however only certain dct’s are supported (older M3s) there are others however it’s a beta software at best and some people can’t get it to work right due to buggy software. If only high end professional motorsports would allow teams to use these, life would be heck of a lot easier for everyone looking to do this.

out of pure curiosity does anyone know anything about this company https://rushautoworks.com/car_post/rush-gt/ they claim it will use the C8 DCT. I’m sure it only lives in CAD for now however they do look legit since the small open top model is in production. Just trying to find out more about this LS 3/DCT drivetrain if it can be sold separately.

I noted Rush is looking for a 7 figure development partner for the GT. I'd interpret that as quite a distance from a tangible product, don't know where DCT control hardware/software would come in the progression, but not likely during the early part.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Tom, I noticed the same thing and had the same thoughts. I think it's years away from happening.

Regards Brian

Back