Carbon GT mono

Urs

Supporter
Hello together

Here some Pictures of the rear Suspension with damper and adjustable Genesis swaybar.

Attachments

• Pictures_00002.jpg
    Pictures_00002.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 1,209
  • Pictures_00001.jpg
    Pictures_00001.jpg
    325.6 KB · Views: 1,071
  • Pictures_00003.jpg
    Pictures_00003.jpg
    340.1 KB · Views: 1,026
hi Urs, i was having the annual look to see how the project is going. gosh, you have really made progress this last year, and it continues to look fantastic!

without wanting to comment on my own preference, i did want to say that one really good thing about this car not looking like an out of the box GT40, is that it will be very personalised to you. it will be more a GT40-like car of your own design. i think that is appropriate, given that you have built this thing by hand, part by part, literally from the ground up. noone will ever look at it and say 'oh that's just a GT40 replica kit'.

of course you never know for sure, but i would be surprised if there is a single other person who has done the same as you.

alexander.
oz.

. QUOTE

of course you never know for sure, but i would be surprised if there is a single other person who has done the same as you.

alexander.
oz.[/QUOTE]

Besides the carbon work done by Urs is exceptional , very well built and engineered with no autoclave that's a successfull challenge!! - to reply to this question ;

yes that have been done many years ago in 1995
Chassis was tube steel rear and front bonded to a central carbon panel tub a,d bodywork was kevlar carbon laminated
The car entered le mans 1995/1996 practices but no qualified due to engine problems both years ( an PRV turbo 6 cylinders!!)and then raced until 2000 on National GT championship
A second car was built but never used ( sleeping in a barn now !)

Apologise URS if hacked your nice thread ; was just to reply to this question
Keep your good work and happy new year to you and your father

Attachments

• vbm 1 (2).jpg
    vbm 1 (2).jpg
    344.3 KB · Views: 1,032
  • vbm 1 (5).jpg
    vbm 1 (5).jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 806
. QUOTE

alexander.
oz.

Besides the carbon work done by Urs is exceptional , very well built and engineered with no autoclave that's a successfull challenge!! - to reply to this question ;

yes that have been done many years ago in 1995
Chassis was tube steel rear and front bonded to a central carbon panel tub a,d bodywork was kevlar carbon laminated
The car entered le mans 1995/1996 practices but no qualified due to engine problems both years ( an PRV turbo 6 cylinders!!)and then raced until 2000 on National GT championship
A second car was built but never used ( sleeping in a barn now !)

Apologise URS if hacked your nice thread ; was just to reply to this question
Keep your good work and happy new year to you and your father[/QUOTE]

hi mic

i have only one question,.....where is this barn ??, do you have any more infos and pics about this car??, is the barn-car for sale??

thanks for info and a happy new year to you

kind regards

ernst just

apologise but this is absolutly URS thread and that was a reply to one question only
so no hacking more is smarter I guess :lipsrsealed:

Pardon Urs !

Urs

Supporter
No problem it s aalways intresting whats going on in this scene.
@ ernst. If you dont find the barn car. We build one for you ;)
Whish all of you a good new year.

Hello
Thanks
yes it is advisable to propose one of your TUB and body fabrication as the one in the barn is probably now or destroyed by weather of eat by chickens !! the other one is in a museum at the owner castle ( and molds are on his basement like in a jail !!! ) You know today collectors spirit !!!
Otherwise your building is much more reliable , powerfull that what was built
long time ago that owner collector did not want to spend money but wanted to win all races !! C'est la vie !

Your building is far more up to date !! Bravo keep your good work

@ ernst. If you dont find the barn car. We build one for you ;)
Whish all of you a good new year.[/QUOTE]

hi urs

i think i will not find this barn-car

i look from beginning at your projekt,...
yes, it is the best interpretation from a gt-40 in this modern time for me, and if i had,....i realy want,.....but i dont have,....
but i am real happy to see your projekt and can follow it, see the end, the result, and it will be a great car, gratulation to your craftsmanship, your knowledge and your power for this work

i wish you also a happy new year

ernst

What about using a old car transport enclosed trailer and equipting it with a solar water and heat exchanger for a fused carbon fiber oven somethiong i have in the works , alos equipt with a control valve set as a auto anti fire system

Urs

Supporter
Also the childrens seat is finished now ;) Max takes place :)
I think he likes it.

Attachments

• 1477677_10152112030253493_867990014_n.jpg
    1477677_10152112030253493_867990014_n.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 758

Urs

Supporter
here some Pictures of the airchannels in the front.
Now i can do the first try with different paint shemes.
we think about complete black with orange stripes, or silver with black stripes, both flat and gloss clearcoat.

Attachments

• Pictures_00010.jpg
    Pictures_00010.jpg
    324.1 KB · Views: 639
  • Pictures_00011.jpg
    Pictures_00011.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 576
  • Pictures_00012.jpg
    Pictures_00012.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 576
  • Pictures_00014.jpg
    Pictures_00014.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 579

Urs

Supporter
Thank you for the Pictures.
This Weekend i had some other ideas. Maybe to Special for the GT40.
I did it not with Computer. I had no idea how to do with paint or photoshop!!!!!:veryangry: sorry for the high tech paintings.

Attachments

• 100MEDIA_00001.jpg
    100MEDIA_00001.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 537
  • 100MEDIA_00002.jpg
    100MEDIA_00002.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 511
  • 100MEDIA_00003.jpg
    100MEDIA_00003.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 537
  • 100MEDIA_00004.jpg
    100MEDIA_00004.jpg
    310.5 KB · Views: 492
I can't work with that stuff either...:-( but your drawings look pretty good, I think someone who can work with Photoshop (maybe someone on here) have to make those on a real (photo) model because you not see dept and glowing's etc from the carros.
I think I like drawing 2 and 4, but I guess I'm to ' brave' (or boring) ;-)

Urs

You have nice components on this project.

Colour is all personal stuff.
But 1-2-3 are to busy and detract from the real beauty and shape, a bit like a women who wears to much makeup.
You wont need to dress it to much ,the old saying less is more.

You are doing a great job, it looks superb.

Jim

Thank you for the Pictures.
This Weekend i had some other ideas. Maybe to Special for the GT40.
I did it not with Computer. I had no idea how to do with paint or photoshop!!!!!:veryangry: sorry for the high tech paintings.

Ha! This is just what I do too! I bought about 20 small cans of paint and put the actual color on blank prints I made scanning a hand drawing.

One suggestion: If you paint the entire car a solid base coat, you can add stripes and all sorts of color changes with vinyl. Then you can always change it if you don't like it.

BTW I love the half grey/half red. I looked at an Indy Lights car that was red in the picture the seller sent me. When I walked in the garage here is this dark green car. I am going "where is the car?" Of course, the left half of the car was red, the right green. I thought it looked sensational. I wanted to paint my race car that way but I couldn't get the guys to go for it...they said I would confuse everyone on track!

Back