CAV #67 Build Up....

Ok, We are making a little bit of progress. These just in from the guy's at S/C Motorsports in Mustang Oklahoma this morning. Here is a shot through the bulk-head. The pulleys were a B&@#% to sort out. The motor is a 28 ounce imblance, the crank was drillerd for a four (4) bolt pulley (4 bolt is normally found on the later model 50 ounce cranks) and the car was sent with a serpintine belt set up, but a V-belt for the AC. All the serpintine stuff went into the trash and we called March Pulleys. After about ten (10) days, this was sorted. Next, was 'fixing' or perhaps correcting the AC bracket. That's all done now, everything lines-up and looks great. Can't be long now... Nothing is ever simple huh?

Attachments

• 35536-Bulkhead_Shot.JPG
    35536-Bulkhead_Shot.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 563
Shot of the right side of the engine bay. Engine & Transaxle went in as a unit. The transaxle is one of the CAV hybrids with the better R&P ratio. Hope it was worth the extra $$$. Halfshafts in. Getting close.

Attachments

• 35537-Right_Engine.JPG
    35537-Right_Engine.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 591
Lastly, a left side shot of the engine bay. The oil filter will be tight. Should have gone with a remote mount filter & oil cooler. Guess I can always do that later.

Attachments

• 35538-Left_Engine.JPG
    35538-Left_Engine.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 584
Hey Tom, You are almost there. Looks great. I also have a CAV and it looks to be about the same color as yours. What kind of oil pan do you have? I have a Kevco 9 qt. baffeled road racing pan on mine. I never have any problem with the oil temperature. I also had a remote oil filter which I removed because it was very difficult to tighten the joints and kept having a slow drip. After removing the remote system the filter fit right to the block and made it easy to get to. And no more leaks. It is a large filter like yours also. I also changed the drain plug for one that has a magnet in it to hold any metal shavings that might be circulating around the engine. Good luck with your new toy and be safe. By the way, mine has s/s loovers and if you would like them maybe we could trade. Joe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Tom,

Cars looking great! Attached are pics from our 347/ZF CAV MONO. Oil Filter clearance is no problem on these cars although there are lots of places where an extra .25 would help!

We use March Pulleys and Alternator Bracket. Fits perfect and excellent quality.

We modify the CAV supplied A/C bracket to make it turnbuckle adjustable just like the March setup for the Alternator. Works great, simple cut and weld to factory bracket, a couple of rod ends (left and right hand thread) and your home free.

Attachments

• 35556-CAV55FRPP347belts.JPG
    35556-CAV55FRPP347belts.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 591

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Tom,

Cars looking great! Attached are pics from our 347/ZF CAV MONO. Oil Filter clearance is no problem on these cars although there are lots of places where an extra .25 would help!

We use March Pulleys and Alternator Bracket. Fits perfect and excellent quality.

We modify the CAV supplied A/C bracket to make it turnbuckle adjustable just like the March setup for the Alternator. Works great, simple cut and weld to factory bracket, a cross bar between the water pump and back of the bracket (Cross bar not shown) a couple of rod ends (left and right hand thread) and your home free.

Attachments

• 35557-CAV55FRPP347belts.JPG
    35557-CAV55FRPP347belts.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 478
Hey Ian,

How many AMPs is that alternator? That mother looks huge!
Just curious, as I intend to upgrade from 100AMP to ????
BTW, nice looking brackets!

Bill

Done!

Below is a pic on my completed CAV GT. Looks AWESOME with the FORD GT stripes. I went up to Mustang Oklahoma on Sunday to drive it for the first time. What a great experience. They dealer/builder did excellent craftmanship & aside from the secondaries opening too late (came in at 4,200 RPM) the thing was a rocket-the hybrid Getrag was very driveable. The car will be delivered to my house on Wednesday-Can't wait! Our own Ben Miller met me there and took some photos as well. Thanks for all the help folks, and I will post more later!

Back