CAV or SPF GT40?

Howard Jones

Supporter
Sorry Dave, must be in the translation. What is the current price for each complete kit. Not the stuff you need to buy to finish the car just the current advertised list price for the most complete option set/kit.

I believe my ERA cost more as a turn key car when it was manufactured, than a comparable turn key SPF, but it was assembled by Americans with a higher standard of living than those in South Africa, so in my case, cheaper doesn't apply.

So looks like you made your decision........so lets see pics of the SPF you end up purchasing when the deal is complete. Another GT40 in Dallas........ :)

Walter,

The answer depends on what options you want.

Last I heard, the basic roller was something like $100-105K....more for a wide body, special paint, leather interior, RHD, Gurney Bubble etc. Options are not cheap, but are not "Porsche" expensive (if you know what I mean).

I don't know if the dealers want to or can chime in on line, but maybe a recent buyer can speak up.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I don't know the latest on prices but I bet I'm almost $200k into mine and I doubt I'd sell it for any less :)

Thank you ron for your input, it helps when selecting a car. I guess it comes down to what you like and what you can afford. I never see the rollers going down in price. That helps for resale.

Mike you are a very proud owner :) enjoy your cars...it's all about the fun!!!
Oh, mike i enjoy your videos..

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I guess I will never understand why no one ever actually asks a DEALER the price question? I mean this is not like the local high pressure guy who keeps your keys until you buy! I have tried that but I can't seem to get your computer to throw the keys on the roof.

Ok, here is the secret. I need everyone to swear upon their decoder ring not to reveal this to the great unwashed: An SPF roller in standard form (Either MK I or MK II) is.....Drum roll please, $109,900.00

OK, enough smart assery on my part. I will gladly forward the complete options/price spreadsheet to anyone who so requests the same. [email protected] or 716.407.0975

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
If that most unfortunate day ever came, I'm certain it would fetch a good price. There are people out there who appreciate quality and can afford it. It's been/being massaged all over and is kept in like new only newer condition at all times.

It's not for sale :)

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I guess I will never understand why no one ever actually asks a DEALER the price question? I mean this is not like the local high pressure guy who keeps your keys until you buy! I have tried that but I can't seem to get your computer to throw the keys on the roof.

Odd isn't it?
A lot of years ago - someone - somewhere said:
"If you have to ask how much it costs - you can't afford it....".....

Frankly - I think this has infected the very core of all gear/motorheads... None of us wants to "admit" that they can't afford it by asking that very simple question... Then there are those of us who prefer to keep the dream alive just a little bit longer by "not knowing" the costs involved..

Steve

Supporter
Odd isn't it?
A lot of years ago - someone - somewhere said:
"If you have to ask how much it costs - you can't afford it....".....

Frankly - I think this has infected the very core of all gear/motorheads... None of us wants to "admit" that they can't afford it by asking that very simple question... Then there are those of us who prefer to keep the dream alive just a little bit longer by "not knowing" the costs involved..

I'm with Randy, head in the sand and full speed ahead.

Somthing to keep in mind, when you are out driving and someone asks the question...they always do, "what is it"? With an SPF you can truthfully say its a GT40...

I could never actually tell anyone my SPF was a "real" GT40, just didn't seem like the truth. I always said it was a recreation that was very similar to the 60's car but it was built in 2008. Just never seemed like it was worth it to say otherwise

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I would say tool room copy. A CAV, ERA, or an RCR is a recreation but not a copy.

Mike
The SPF is far from a tool room copy, Gelscoe or Wingfield builds were tool room copies.

Nice as SPF cars are they are not toolroom cars

I describe our cars as " homage cars"

Back