Clear Bra

Chances are nobody - you'll want to find a competent mobile installer who can custom cut the pieces that you need.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Had Olthoff put mine on before I picked up my car, its been a paint saver! have it on the rocker panels and the door eyebrow plus gas caps. Well worth the money.

Just went through Tahoe last weekend, I see the ski areas are open.

The 3M Clear Bra is one of the things I would recommend people do for sure, the cost to repair rock chips will be worth it in the long run. The "Clear Bra product I think you are talking about is a heavy Carnauba Wax treatment. I would go with the 3M product protection instead. My first drive out in my Cobra was a perfect example of what can happen to you without any protection. A guy came whipping around a corner and got loose in some gravel that ended up hitting my front end and subsequently rock chipping it in several places. A bottle of Crown and a few hundred bucks took care of it, but so would have the 3M mask.

I will be having the guys at our dealership do this for me before I take my car out for a nice road trip. If you plan to use the 3M product I would find someone that works with vinyl to do the job and a pattern would probibly not be needed.

I have used the 3mm thick 3M film on nose cone and front of fenders on race car for long time and can reccomend it, protects aginst stone chips well and when it finaly dose get to look like a shot gun has been at it , its easy and cheap to replace.
car has just been done for the second time, first lasted 6 years .
kaspa

Had Olthoff put mine on before I picked up my car, its been a paint saver! have it on the rocker panels and the door eyebrow plus gas caps. Well worth the money.

Just went through Tahoe last weekend, I see the ski areas are open.

Olthoff put mine on (subcracted it) and it is peeling off. The company is no longer in business, so no warranty. He referred me to a local company that had a pattern and they want another $600 to fix it. There is a pattern out there.

Thanks to all that replied.
I had a custom job done originally and they cut the paint installing it, so I am looking for a pre-cut kit.

Yes I have also seen the 3M adhesive/contact. It was layed/laid on with the backing sheet and trimmed to fit.

The only negative is that it holds dirt on the edge of the material that requires a little extra cleaning. It is near invisible otherwise...:idea:

Back