CLPmotorsports LMP1 Build thread

Luke, Pat, welcome to the insanity! Looking forward to seeing you guys at the track. Glad to see some more competition around here. Let us know if we can help in any way.

Ted, team QRP

Thanks Ted. It will be fun to get the sister car to yours out there. We have a little ways to go before we are battling for podiums but hopefully not too long. We will definitely compare notes and work with you guys. Its been great watching the instant success you've had when bad luck didn't bite you.

Ted,
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm sure we will work together to show the racing community on the west coast how great these cars are!

Hope to talk with you soon.

Luke

Please keep posting your updates. Our family will be buying a couple lmps to use as private non-competition toys but really want to have them outfitted just like the professionals. You guys providing a roadmap is invaluable to how we should have the cars built and what works. Thanks for sharing.

Please keep posting your updates. Our family will be buying a couple lmps to use as private non-competition toys but really want to have them outfitted just like the professionals. You guys providing a roadmap is invaluable to how we should have the cars built and what works. Thanks for sharing.

Nice! Where in Indianapolis are you??? I'm on the south side.

We are in Greenfield but not for long, looks like we are moving to Missouri soon since the wife makes all the money. We are going to join up at Autobahn Chicago or Putnam park soon (when the whole putting down roots things gets done). Once that is attended too the lmps will be ordered without delay. We are so happy Fran built these!

Anywhere we want I guess, we have found a house we love in Saint Joseph but there is one near Sedalia and one in Glasgow that has our attention to. She is in a unique situation so we are pretty free to go wherever. The move will be in the next month or two (we think). Approaching it with caution. Good to see we have friends in the area already! :^)

Anywhere we want I guess, we have found a house we love in Saint Joseph but there is one near Sedalia and one in Glasgow that has our attention to. She is in a unique situation so we are pretty free to go wherever. The move will be in the next month or two (we think). Approaching it with caution. Good to see we have friends in the area already! :^)

If you choose STJ you'll be in the center of 3 road course tracks--Hastings, Council Bluffs, and Topeka.

Oh, and the LMP is exquisite! More pics!

J. Miller, don't worry, we are hard at work at the shop but there are multiple projects going on right now and we are preparing to move locations. All of the small parts to finish the LMP1 have been ordered so it should be on track fairly soon.

Thanks
Pat

A few teasers. We are real close after waiting for what seemed like an eternity for a handful of custom pieces to be made. These pictures are from Tuesday afternoon

Attachments

• IMG_7521.jpg
    IMG_7521.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 368
  • IMG_7541.jpg
    IMG_7541.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_7533.jpg
    IMG_7533.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 368
Here is what the car looked like on Monday because of the parts we were missing. It's been a busy few days and I'm not posting any more pictures until it done (but hopefully that's soon!!!)

We are also working on customer cars, other CLP shop cars and we are in the process of setting up and moving to our new larger location.

Attachments

• IMG_6987.jpg
    IMG_6987.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_6986.jpg
    IMG_6986.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 347
A few more but now that's really it :thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_7563.jpg
    IMG_7563.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_7566.jpg
    IMG_7566.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 332

Dr. David

Lifetime Supporter
Pat,
Thanks for the great photos. Amazing progress in only a few days.
A couple recent shots of mine.
Perhaps we should compare notes sometime.
Thanks,
David

Attachments

• IMG_0671.jpg
    IMG_0671.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_0672.jpg
    IMG_0672.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 389
Pat,
Thanks for the great photos. Amazing progress in only a few days.
A couple recent shots of mine.
Perhaps we should compare notes sometime.
Thanks,
David

David, looking great. It will be fun to run them together for sure. It would be great to compare notes on the build and even more so once we start tracking it.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Nice to see done progress
What custom parts are you using Pat?
Would be nice to know what/where special bits you have come up with to implement

Fran, maybe custom wasn't the right word. Essentially, it was the parts for the sequential trans that are bespoke from MTI.

The car is coming along nicely. We will be finishing up the exhaust, headers, wiring, seat, front air jacks, and body mounting next week if all goes as planned.

Back