1. You MUST NOT leave the house for any reason, but if you have a reason, you can leave the house
2. Masks are useless at protecting you against the virus, but you may have to wear one because it can save lives, but they may not work, but they may be mandatory, but maybe not
3. Shops are closed, except those shops that are open
4. You must not go to work but you can get another job and go to work
5. You should not go to the Drs or to the hospital unless you have to go there, unless you are too poorly to go there
6. This virus can kill people, but don’t be scared of it. It can only kill those people who are vulnerable or those people who are not vulnerable people. It’s possible to contain and control it, sometimes, except that sometimes it actually leads to a global disaster
7. Gloves won’t help, but they can still help so wear them sometimes or not
8. STAY HOME, but it’s important to go out
9. There is no shortage of groceries in the supermarkets, but there are many things missing. Sometimes you won’t need loo rolls but you should buy some just in case you need some
10. The virus has no effect on children except those children it effects
11. Animals are not affected, but there is still a cat that tested positive in Belgium in February when no one had been tested, plus a few tigers here and there…
12. Stay 2 metres away from tigers (see point 11)
13. You will have many symptoms if your get the virus, but you can also get symptoms without getting the virus, get the virus without having any symptoms or be contagious without having symptoms, or be non contagious with symptoms…
14. To help protect yourself you should eat well and exercise, but eat whatever you have on hand as it’s better not to go out shopping
15. It’s important to get fresh air but don’t go to parks but go for a walk. But don’t sit down, except if you are old, but not for too long or if you are pregnant or if you’re not old or pregnant but need to sit down. If you do sit down don’t eat your picnic
16. Don’t visit old people but you have to take care of the old people and bring them food and medication
17. If you are sick, you can go out when you are better but anyone else in your household can’t go out when you are better unless they need to go out
18. You can get restaurant food delivered to the house. These deliveries are safe. But groceries you bring back to your house have to be decontaminated outside for 3 hours including Pizza…
19. You can’t see your older mother or grandmother, but they can take a taxi and meet an older taxi driver
20. You are safe if you maintain the safe social distance when out but you can’t go out with friends or strangers at the safe social distance
21. The virus remains active on different surfaces for two hours … or four hours… six hours… I mean days, not hours… But it needs a damp environment. Or a cold environment that is warm and dry… in the air, as long as the air is not plastic
22. Schools are closed so you need to home educate your children, unless you can send them to school because you’re not at home. If you are at home you can home educate your children using various portals and virtual class rooms, unless you have poor internet, or more than one child and only one computer, or you are working from home. Baking cakes can be considered maths, science or art. If you are home educating you can include household chores to be education. If you are home educating you can start drinking at 10am
23. If you are not home educating children you can also start drinking at 10am
24. The number of corona related deaths will be announced daily but we don’t know how many people are infected as they are only testing those who are almost dead to find out if that’s what they will die of… the people who die of corona who aren’t counted won’t be counted
25. You should stay in locked down until the virus stops infecting people but it will only stop infecting people if we all get infected so it’s important we get infected and some don’t get infected
26. You can join your neighbours for a street party and turn your music up for an outside disco and your neighbours won’t call the police. People in another street are allowed to call the police about your music
27. No business will go down due to Coronavirus except those businesses that will go down due to Coronavirus
Hope this helps.
We now KNOW the Commie Chinese government has been lying thru its teeth about almost everything from the get-go. There's no question about that.
First Im an old cold warrior. The very reasons that we have for hating communism gives them a strong advantage when trying to contain a pathogen in the general population.We now KNOW the Commie Chinese government has been lying thru its teeth about almost everything from the get-go. There's no question about that.
That aside, statistically there's NO WAY a country with, what, 1.5 billion-or-so people can possibly have fewer infections/deaths than a country with 330 million people...especially when the former is the SOURCE of the virus and its population, for the most part, lives in 'sub standard' conditions. As you opined, "Someone is full of beans!"
Xi and his minions can spin and lie all they want - reality IS what it IS.
AllanDon't think anyone believes them. The graphs are showing trends in Europe; we may be able to benefit by implementing the strategies they are using to save lives.
in your stats are you looking at like for like numbers?
in the UK deaths are included if there was a possibility of Covid 19 in other countries it is for those who died who had been tested positive. Two totally different statistically.
example Zimbabwe, appears to have some of the best numbers, however that is totally incorrect as they are marking them as deaths from a new strain of malaria! Complete rural villages are being wiped out is the information coming out, considering most are starving and getting food aid when the food arrives everyone gathers together for the aid.
And testing is good if it is accurate, best estimates are around 85% accuracy on the swab tests, if your test says positive you probably are, but if it shows negative it is quite possible you are positive. The after the disease blood, /antibody test appears to be more accurate
At this stage I watch the statistics, but realise they are also subject to other variables.
I hear what you say.Ian,
We know what they say about stats and you make a valid point, but I believe countries like New Zealand, South Korea Germany etc got it right and their death rates are lower. However, your case about Zimbabwe in a way back’s up one of my points, should we be happy that Zimbabwe’s death rate is higher because they are not being honest in there accounting, my main point was in my opinion our rate is too high and could have been so much lower.
So, because some countries Zimbabwe etc are skewing their figures does it mean all countries South Korea, New Zealand are, could they really hide 34000 extra deaths compared to us?. There is a newspaper listing every Doctor, Nurse, Paramedic, health care worker that dies from covid, in the UK and it is very high. Not surprising when around 50% of the protective masks being used by one section of the health service failed leak tests when tested, and these masks are safer than the surgical masks being used on covid wards.
We know a number of weeks ago Germany were taking patients from Italy to help them out, would they have been doing that if their wards were full. I know what the EMT and paramedics in my own family are telling me, and all these factors have lead me to the opinion that we got is so wrong at the start.
Normally I would defend any government as I am sure it is never as easy as it looks. However, lies are being told, it appears political stance has been put above lives, and questions do have to be asked, it is with no satisfaction I find myself agreeing wih Piers Morgan on the governments handling of the situation. Sadly it looks like we are going to continue to get it wrong costing more lives. How you are supposed to get a class of more than 9 reception class children to self isolate God alone knows.