Covid19 vaccine- report your progress

Show me a clinical trial that Ivermectin works and I might pay attention.One place you here this stuff pushed is on a certain cable network that has a vaccine mandate for its employees and a mask mandate in its buildings/.The same talking heads that are constantly railing against vaccines are all vaccinated.You can find Drs that will say anything for fame money ,or tribe. Both sides.
Covid has been so politicized from the BEGINNING that Im amazed that we have gotten as far as we have in holding it back. It doesnt care if you are a democrat republican or independant it doesnt care where you get your news it will try and kill you. The slowdown is due to the folks who stepped up and got vaccinated wore masks kept physical distance etc. The ones who didnt pitch in are needlessly getting sick helping the virus mutate and dragging the whole system down. Between all the BS on facebook cable news and talk radio scaring folks from gettin vaccinated this is going to be around for awhile.
Im someone who has lost family members and friends to this virus . If getting a shot every six months to a year helps prevent me from helping it spread or mutate and keeps me out of the hospital NO BIG DEAL.We need a lot more WE and less ME right now in OUR country.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Show me a clinical trial that Ivermectin works and I might pay attention.One place you here this stuff pushed is on a certain cable network that has a vaccine mandate for its employees and a mask mandate in its buildings/.The same talking heads that are constantly railing against vaccines are all vaccinated.You can find Drs that will say anything for fame money ,or tribe. Both sides.
Covid has been so politicized from the BEGINNING that Im amazed that we have gotten as far as we have in holding it back. It doesnt care if you are a democrat republican or independant it doesnt care where you get your news it will try and kill you. The slowdown is due to the folks who stepped up and got vaccinated wore masks kept physical distance etc. The ones who didnt pitch in are needlessly getting sick helping the virus mutate and dragging the whole system down. Between all the BS on facebook cable news and talk radio scaring folks from gettin vaccinated this is going to be around for awhile.
Im someone who has lost family members and friends to this virus . If getting a shot every six months to a year helps prevent me from helping it spread or mutate and keeps me out of the hospital NO BIG DEAL.We need a lot more WE and less ME right now in OUR country.

Mr. Nail - Meet Mr. Hammer....
Spot-On Don...

Neil

Supporter
Fox News does NOT have a vaccine mandate for its employees. This is another example of "Fake News".

^ I think it would be more diplomatic to call it "misinformed". "Fake news" is a too common reaction to anything uncomplimentary said about conservatives, even if it is in fact 100% correct. Back to Fox, the majority of staff there are vaccinated, according to what I've read.

The bigger mystery, to me, is to decry vaccinations, a technique proven over 100+ years, in favor of completely crack pot and potentially deadly alternatives like ivermectin, chloroquine, or bleach, for god's sake. It's almost like users are desperate to avoid a heavily tested, certified, and officially sanctioned treatment out of principle, maybe an article of faith, or patriotism.

I consider myself a fairly skeptical person, being born in and raised in NY. Whatever one might say against big pharma or government, there are a plethora of self interested assholes like Alex Jones trying to tip the scales in the other direction.

Fox News does NOT have a vaccine mandate for its employees. This is another example of "Fake News".
If you turn on Fox news you wont go very long without hearing about the Federal Govts Vaccine Mandates.Thats what they call them on Fox. .Now as I understand it(please correct me if Im wrong ) that under the federal govts mandate, businesses with 100 or more employees must require a vaccination or submit to weekly testing. Fox personalities call that a mandate. Foxes policy is that you get vaccinated or submit to daily testing .How can you not call that a mandate using Foxes own description of federal mandates. Its actually STRICTER than the federal mandates that they complain about.
Theres nothing'' fake about it.'' If you call the other guys action a mandate and yours is actually stricter how is that not a mandate?

^ I think it would be more diplomatic to call it "misinformed". "Fake news" is a too common reaction to anything uncomplimentary said about conservatives, even if it is in fact 100% correct. Back to Fox, the majority of staff there are vaccinated, according
OK, I won't mention the January 6th "Reichstag Fire" either.....
Help me with this one I thought the Reichstag Fire was in the 1930s in Germany .What has that to do with covid 19? Thanks

Hi,

In the recent past both of my parents & also my wife have had the booster/third dose that is being offered here in blighty. No side effects or issues. I qualify for my booster/third dose in about a month & will get it then.
UK hospitals are very, very busy with the usual winter ailments plus covid.

I must say, I preferred this thread when it first started. The title "Covid 19 vaccine - report your progress" was the theme, ie., it was the factual experiences of ourselves & our families rather than yet another forum for theories & arguments.

Regards Steve

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Parents, both in 80’s have had refresher.
Dad had his in one arm and flu in the other.
Mum had Covid one week and flu the next week

neither any ill effects

I have my call up paper for flu on11th Nov and they say they may boost COVID at same time. I am 60 so fall in the older category but this is Scotland and they are doing things different to the rest of the U.K.

Ian

Last edited:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Great idea to get this thread back on track rather than discussions about Mandates and things not related to the original post (copied below for your convenience)...

Being somewhat ancient and in the second cohort of the UK vaccination list I have had the first jab today. Well organised, safe and quick.
It may be useful if folks on here could report their progress with the Covid 19 vaccination. In particular it would be interesting to track and compare different areas and countries with this info.
When did you get the initial and second second shot?
Which vaccine was it?
Any side effects?
Have you contracted Covid 19 after being vaccinated?

I have had the initial shot of the Astra Zeneca vaccine today. I will get the booster shot in 3 -12 weeks.

Cheers
Mike

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
My first and second Jabs were Astra Zeneca
yesterday
Had 3rd booster and they used Moderna, also had flu Jab a same time. They put both in my left arm about 30 seconds apart and a couple of inches apart. As I have said before inScotland and they like to be different!

Arm a bit tender and did not like being slept on, so slept on other side. And this morning a bit of stiffness in muscle on left arm but other than that “good to go”

Ian

Time for an update.

I had the flu jab back in September.
Received my booster (3rd) jab three days ago.
In my case that makes two AstraZeneca shots & now a Moderna, all with the normal, for the UK, 6 month interval between them.
No side effects except my arm felt like it was bruised the next day.

Regards Steve

Got my Moderna booster three weeks ago. No problems. No more appointments.A local pharmacy does walkins if you have your card.Saved 50 mile drive to VA

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I took my 95 year old Mom in at the same time I got my Johnson booster. Neither of us had any issues.

Regards Brian

not sure if I had a reaction to the booster, or if I got sick separately 2 days after the Pfizer jab. But for a day or two, I felt like crap.

Howard Jones

Supporter
I asked my doctor about the booster. He said the following, I have about 1500 patients. I have treated several hundred with COVID. Once the vaccines began to be administered I have had NO deaths or hospitalizations of vaccinated patients. Up until then, I had a very small number of fatal outcomes among very old, sick, or obese patients and a few more people in intensive care that recovered.

Among my colleagues, we talk about this almost every day, I know of nobody that has died that has been vaccinated prior to being exposed.

As far as you go Howard, you have had COVID and been vaccinated and I see almost no additional risk to being boosted along with a very slight additional increase of protection. Go ahead and do it if you want to, I see no harm in it and maybe some additional duration to your immunity should it turn out that the vaccine begins to show a decline in potency over time. My best guess is it probably will but we haven't seen that among our patients as of yet.

Both got our booster (Moderna) today with both after about 8 hours getting a sour arm. First two where Pfizer.
They only do Pfizer (pre 46 age) and Moderna (post 46 age) in the Netherlands now.
No Astra Zenica & janssen anymore available in the Netherlands by side effects they say.

Back