Crazy Rally speed Machines

What's the fastest, most dangerous, Cars you have seen over the years and thought to yourself how do they drive that, their mad!!!!

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Re: Crazy speed machines

Ford RS200 Evolution, 600 HP rally car. Killed a couple great pilots in the mid 80s. Still one of the most powerful cars ever made. All wheel drive with variable viscous coupling from front to rear on the fly. 0-60 2.6 seconds and can take a 18 inch curb at 100 MPH. Wish I had one.

Attachments

• rs200.jpg
    rs200.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 397
Last edited:

Thats one Jack, and what about the fans that stood on the side of the road to watch those Group B cars!!!!! Very brave or very mad.

Chris Kouba

Supporter

From what I've read, these were even more bad ass-er:

raw.Par.0025.Image.jpg

For a real treat, find the Pike's Peak video of Millen in this:

Toyota-Tacoma--Pikes-Peak--Special_1.jpg

Or Monster Tajima:

72120.jpg

Google Ari Vatenen and Climb Dance. Pretty crazy, but in a controlled manner.

Quick machines but still had roll cages and some form of safety.

www.vaiden.net/rocket_gokart.html
Read the top speed of these Machines and look at there safety equipment.

The super modifieds halve to be right up there. They used to come to our small 3/8 mile asphalt track and average well over 100 MPH, meaning straight away speeds well in excess of 120. For comparison, IIRC, our street stocks averaged about 85-90 MPH and the modifieds and sportsmen cars avaeraged just under 100 MPH. That doesn't sound very fast, but for a 3/8 mile oval track it is flat out hauling ass. Combine that with a few other cars and things get crazy REAL quick. Great show, but when they would come to town it was some of the few nights I was glad to be in the stands and not on the track. Definitely CRAZY FAST!

I still think sitting on a gokart and doing 5.6 sec 253MPH (404KPH) is pretty hard to beat.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter

I still think sitting on a gokart and doing 5.6 sec 253MPH (404KPH) is pretty hard to beat.

Tim don't take this personal but those Audi's are the most butt ugly cars I have ever seen. :) Don't get mad!! The RS200 is one sexy beast!

While all of the cars mentioned above are a good argument for the fastest and most dangerous, the following clip is a true Crazy Speed machine.

Take notes, there will be a test at the next track day.

LiveLeak.com - Chevette Fail

IMSA

Back in the mid to late 60's there were some truly crazy drag cars - the blown hemi Alter's (think Anglia with a blown hemi !!). Damn fast, Stupid short wheel base, & NEVER went STRAIGHT!! I drove one of those for an owner for 1 summer season then finally smartened up (I still have no idea how that happened), and went to open wheel SCCA (old formula A).

Might be wrong, but back in the 80,s..90,s didnt either Walter Rorhl or Ari Vatennen take one of the Audis for a few laps around Daytona or one of the Superspeedways & blow the then current Nascar lap record time out the back door. Seem to remember it was hushed up a bit at the time, couldnt have a lil ol 5 cyl rally car on slicks make the best from detroit look sluggish... not sure the 5cyl sound is one that I could call memorable, V12 at full song is more to my liking.
We have had Monster, Millen, Co out for the now defunct Silverstone Hillclimb, but unless your able to stand up close & watch, the sound does nothing for me.. Phfff..Pop...Phfff... Pop.... accompanied by showwers of gravel & dust. Ban the turbos....:)

If you wanted to see brave stuff the guys riding Hayabusa powered Quads( with Turbos ) ,cutting out a set of rear tyres by 3/4 distance & some of the homebuilt specials like a Hillman Imp with 350Chev in the back seat & transaxle out the back... dont know whether some of those guys were brave or stupid..

But Jack, if you were to hear the Audi, your mind would quickly change! ahaha

Does the AUDI have a 5 cylinder engine? If so that's one cool exhaust sound. The first time I heard a AUDI 5 cylinder Trans Am engine I thought huh??? Then after I listened for a while I thought Wow!!!

IMSA

You guys need to go to a dirt mile track for flat track bikes and stand close to the fence at the end of the front straight. When they come past at 135mph,sit up and throw it sideways at more than 100, you'll know the true definition of 'lunacy'.

Last edited:

You guys need to go to a dirt mile track for flat track bikes and stand close to the fence at the end of the front straight. When they come past at 135mph,sit up and throw it sideways at more than 100. you'll know the true definition of 'lunacy'.

+1 Al

And those flat track bikes are attractive. While rally cars make for great TV clips they are the most hideous looking machines on the planet. That Audi made me throw up in my mouth with those add-on spoilers front and rear.
Speed without style is IMHO a waste of engineering.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter

+1 Al

And those flat track bikes are attractive. While rally cars make for great TV clips they are the most hideous looking machines on the planet. That Audi made me throw up in my mouth with those add-on spoilers front and rear.
Speed without style is IMHO a waste of engineering.
What do you think about the R5 Turbo 2 for looks? This car has water to air intercooler and throttle body off a GMC Typhoon, Electromotive EFI, and MSD digital ignition with individual coils. With good fuel 20+ PSI boost, its a beast and crazy in a little package.

Attachments

• r5 001.jpg
    r5 001.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 298
  • r5 002.jpg
    r5 002.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 268
Back