Cushman Competition

Davidmgbv8

Supporter
Just a FYI I have eluded to having issues with Cushman Competition. Parts I paid for 9/27/21 were mostly received except for 2 pieces. Jay has quit responding to my requests to send me these parts. Excuses were he was too busy due to traveling for his son's racing career, which I applaud the time and support he gives his son. However I do not know why you hold out your self for business if you are too busy and do not complete peoples orders and then get surly with them when they request the balance of their order. I guess I am fortunate that he would not sell me a windshield because he was up front with that and said he could not be bothered with packaging them for shipment.

I have requested a refund on the parts so we will see where that goes and in my complaint to the Maine BBB a week ago also noted that would be agreeable even though I prefer the parts.

I know he has some rare stuff just be informed on the issues you may also face.

Davidmgbv8

Supporter
It is unfortunate as he has now started responding in not so polite manners since I sent a demand for refund or the parts. Say I'm an "ass" for demanding money or the parts. So I am the bad guy because he will not fulfill his orders for 5 months and dodge phone calls and emails.
He went on to say that I just lost my avenue to the biggest GT40 parts source in the USA. Ummm... well I would never buy from him again anyway with this kind of treatment.

Davidmgbv8

Supporter
The thing is, it is petty over 2 front body bobbins ($50) and 2 detent pins that were for window hardware that he charges $550 for the set. Yet I am the bad guy for having to chase him for 5 months.

Since I started this journey to build this car I had to trust folks overseas with a lot more money and I received everything as promised in the condition shown. Andrew with GT40 gold, Mick with Southern GT, Kevin, GTO Racing, Bill Hough for the body, a guy in Australia with Quaife parts and people on ebay in Portugal, France, Germany and Israel. All good transactions. All with much more money I could have lost in a dodgy transaction buy they were great to work with. Then this transaction, I guess I can count my blessings the other things worked out well and we have a great community here of support.

Davidmgbv8

Supporter
I have now filed a BBB complaint as Cushman is no longer responding. I am sorry to hear via PM's that he has taken advantage of others at greater sums of money than I am out. There is always Karma... but maybe the BBB in Maine will help me, other wise Karma.

How sad. Sorry you had to go through this and thanks for the heads up. His website is so juicy with all the parts. Google his address. It looks like a one room steel garage.

Darnel A.

Supporter
David, I have done business with him on a couple of occasions. He was a standup guy to me. I really sorry your experience was not the same.

Darnel

I have been to Jay's garage a couple of times for body parts. He was very hospitable and showed us his vast collection of very rare parts including a museums worth of vintage part memorabilia in the attic. He has shelf after shelf engine stuff that is nothing shy of mouthwatering. He is definitely out in the woods tough. Big single garage in the woods at the end of a very rough dirt road. Too bad about your experience David.....

Davidmgbv8

Supporter
Disappointing more than anything and I wanted to find a way he would sell me a windshield but that would have meant going myself or finding someone to fetch and ship for me. We do not have to worry about that now that the relationship has degraded. I have bought goggles for when I do get the car driveable, maybe by then I can find a suitable windshield.

Back