Dan's GTD Getting some attention

Dan Kasten

Supporter
After getting 30 years of dust and dirt off of it this is what I have to start with.

cobra 3.jpg
cobra pics.jpg
cobra 4.jpg

Mike Pass

Supporter
Hi Dan, You have a hard life! Glad to see you are enjoying the GTD. More fun now with the Cobra. What else have you got hidden away?
Cheers
Mike

Dan Kasten

Supporter
Hi Mike, been meaning to shoot you an e-mail. I only have one car hidden away, my 67 cougar that sits unfinished behind the GTD in the pic. My dad is the one with all the hidden cars lol. He wants me next to put a 65 Mustang GT convertible that he has stripped down ready for paint together and a 57 Ford Skyliner ( retractable hardtop ) that needs some serious attention but is extremely valuable ( 1 of seven supercharged cars ). The car that is sitting on my lift in the pic under the cover is also on the list, that is a 57 T-Bird survivor car that has 18k original miles on it but again has been sitting for 20 years or more. The one thing that is the most difficult to find is time, with work and all I always seem to fall short on that. The Cobra is going to need lots of time as I go through it and seems the project stopped when the body was put on. I have tons of work to do to get it to the finish line, however almost everything is done in the engine compartment.

cobra 6.jpg

Mike Pass

Supporter
Wow - some good stuff there! The Cpbra should be fairly straightforward but the Skyliner with the retracting hard top sounds tricky - good luck with that one but a great piece of kit.
Cheers
Mike

Dan Kasten

Supporter
Hi Guys, Hope everyone is doing well. Been a while since I have been on here but life has been crazy. GTD had a great summer with 0 issues and I got to drive it a lot this year. After a terrible year (2020) I got to look back and try to come up with what was the best time I had. I came up with 1 moment that is not only the best moment of the year it ended being one of the best moments ever.

The Cobra was the cause of that moment. My Dads health seems to be getting worse by the month so my brother and I decided to give my Dad the best gift ever.

We both had a bunch of vacation time saved up from our jobs so we took a few weeks off and worked day and night to finish the car my Dad had started 37 years ago. We went all in and invited him over to my house on his birthday to give him a surprise. while he was standing in the driveway I snuck into my shop fired it up and took him around the block in his car for the first time. I never saw him so shocked in my life, what a scene. He had a huge smile on his face as we hit the street. Here are a few pics from the day. I have a video but I have to figure how to post it so coming soon.

finished cobra 2.jpg
finished cobra 3.jpg
finished Cobra.jpg
finished cobra 4.jpg
Dad and brother.jpg

Back