Decisions Help when ordering SLC

Got A buddy that had been around 600hp for quite a while reliably. he is now in the 900 hp range.... not sure how reliable that will be, the record is around 1200

I have a friend with one making 405rwhp for a track car and that does well. I would be scared to have more and would wonder what kind of turbo lag there would be for that power and how drivable would it really be on the street. OH, when I was young and into big hp numbers on the dyno and going down the 1/4 mile. I see a ton of guys who used to drag race now run Chumpcar with us who say they will never go back. They say not worth the money and a few seconds of joy when you can get hours for the same amount. My focus is a very well ballanced street car that I can take on the track and have fun with so 500 crank hp with a V6 Twin Turbo seems very ideal when I consider the packaging, weight, helping with car balance.

Also, It is no V8, but my V6 at 6,000rpm and up just sounds amazing. I love watching others take it on the track to just hear it scream by. I can not wait for the twin turbo at 8,000rpm to by me, but that means I will have to let someone else drive my SLC and that just might not ever happen.

My favorite engine sound. Carrerra GT with the V10 at full WOT. Simple amazing. Someone needs to fit that in here as I would think there are a few wrecked ones out there, maybe.

Also, It is no V8, but my V6 at 6,000rpm and up just sounds amazing. I love watching others take it on the track to just hear it scream by. I can not wait for the twin turbo at 8,000rpm to by me, but that means I will have to let someone else drive my SLC and that just might not ever happen.

My favorite engine sound. Carrerra GT with the V10 at full WOT. Simple amazing. Someone needs to fit that in here as I would think there are a few wrecked ones out there, maybe.
:thumbsup:

I do not see how a 2j will fit. That engine is epic, but super long. The v8 with Ricardo looked tight to me so I do not see how unless you move the wheelbase.

As I don't have immediate access to either motor. I do know they are within a couple of inches. The 2JZ does look a bit longer, but that's probably due to perception considering that the motor is only about a foot wide.

LSX engine measurements:

General Tech Anyone with an LS1 or an LS3 and a T56 - I need some dimensions, please.

Mention of 2JZ-GTE dimensions:

2JZGTE Physical dimensions

2jzgte - Hardtuned.net

4cyl making more than 500hp. Never seen one last very long. I plan to rev my v6 to about 8000-8500 with springs/valves and have 500hp all day reliable. After being in the ls376 480hp I can not imagine using much more.

The S2000's F20 and F22 motors have seen 600-700whp on stock internals with a decent tune.

If you can get past the poor music choice and reckless behavior its pretty impressive for a stock motor, transmission, and diff:

701hp S2000 From Hell-Part1 - YouTube

I know that car saw several track visits and tons of other less-than-legal activities before the car crashed and the motor was moved into another car.

I sold me Elise today so I sent Fran the email to order afterwords. Here is what I decided so far. I am thinking it might be done in the Oct/Nov/Dec timeframe from Fran and I plan on going totally OCD on it.

Color- White- plan to buff the body and maybe do Red later.
Engine- Toyota 3mzfe - 275 crank hp to start- Lowest hp SLC! Ive got a title at least
Engine- Future- Once running twin turbo 8 and 15 psi settings 400/550 crank hp
Trans- G50 from Fran
Trans future- Maybe, if needed 997 turbo lsd box, but big money
Handbrake- Will make my own with linear accuator, modified wilwood calipers
Steering wheel- C6 vette custom with controls for radio and high/low boost settings
Radio- I think single din with steering wheel controls, 4 channel amp and 4 speakers
Backup camera with 7" LCD on all the time
Old style mirrors- Hypo's = nah for me
Seats- Stock for now, hoping for street seat option from Fran in future
Wheels- Corvette grand sport 5 spoke silver
Tires- R888 255 front 295 rear - No 500+hp torque v8 so lighter smaller tires are fine
Exhaust- out the rear
Carpet to be isntalled

Options ordered
lift kit
interior carbon fiber
body fitment
body prep cutout

Little small imho...305 or 315 better suited

[thread hijack]Still waiting to hear if it's physically possible to go BIG for my rear tires if you modify the back, or if those modifications would be too structural/complex and I should stick with 15.6'' (or whatever the largest was under 16''[/hijack] :)

I have been pondering what size and what tires myself with these rims. I have done some more research on my power I should have in the end and it might be in the 600 range so a little wider will not hurt. So I will go with the 305 or 325 back there and might just get the nitto evo's. Not sure on what tire yet, but I have stated to gather items already. Having a killer good trans with a 6speed and LSD should help with the power.

Worst problem with a twin turbo is where to stop the boost? 12-15-18psi. Hmmmm. That is my question and a fun one to have. Psi and meth injection here we come.

I wrote down a list a of tires and choices. Thoughts? Mainly street car.

Size 255/35/18 front
305/30/19 rear

R88 $1300
RS3 $1440
RE11 $1400
Hankook V12 $850
Nitto Invo $1030

Hankook wins the price battle easy, but are they any good? I would think of of the list the R888 would be best, but might be scary in the rain. The RS3's are supposed to be really good also, but the most money of the list. Invo seem in the middle. Choices.

Any other tire choices you all know of in the 305/30/19 and 255/35/18. Almost every tire comes in the 255/35/18 size, so at least that is good.

Edited- I was on crack when typing the tire sizes, but you all got the idea.

I wrote down a list a of tires and choices. Thoughts? Mainly street car.

Size 255/35/18 front
305/30/19 rear

R88 $1300
RS3 $1440
RE11 $1400
Hankook V12 $850
Nitto Invo $1030

Hankook wins the price battle easy, but are they any good? I would think of of the list the R888 would be best, but might be scary in the rain. The RS3's are supposed to be really good also, but the most money of the list. Invo seem in the middle. Choices.

Any other tire choices you all know of in the 305/30/19 and 255/35/18. Almost every tire comes in the 255/35/18 size, so at least that is good.

Edited- I was on crack when typing the tire sizes, but you all got the idea.

I run the Kuhmo Ecsta XS street and track... Great tire. They offer a 345 19 inch tire. It's what I plan to run when I get to build an SLC. Go to their website to find all their sizes... Tire rack et. al don't list it always. It seems to be a Vette specific tire...

Howard Jones

Supporter
I am begining to think a lot more about 18 inch tires on the rear. The 19 inch corvette wheels on mine are very close to too big in diameter. They have 315 R6's on them that fit the wheel near perfect. I am NOT saying they won't fit but they look pretty close.

Those of you who have done 18's front and rear please chime in here as to sorce and fit. My guess as to rear width is 12 inches. Any data on that guess? Tire size would be 325's, right?

Back