dino 246s

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
I got this little 206 alloy Dino engine out of my shed a while ago.
I may start to play with it next year when the 40 is finished.
Who knows where it might end ?

Attachments

• F 206 Engine.jpg
    F 206 Engine.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 365

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Fran,
There you go again !
Upsetting folks
I've lost enough sleep this year

Last edited:
Hey JIMMYMAC - you know, if you have any trouble finding a place to use that, I would be happy to help you out by taking over that job - I'll just send you my address and have it off your hands in a jiffy!

There was a company in the U.K. that made a bang-on replica of the 246, but I don't
remember who they were. This perhaps in the early 1980's.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Hey Mr. Eagle GT you still out there?
Jozz

His stats show he was on the forum 12/25/09----just this last Chrismas day. He hasn't posted since sometime in 2008, might be best for you to PM him or email him.

So, you have a Karma, Jozz? I had a chance to pick one up in Austin, TX a few years ago, but it was in such poor shape that it didn't seem like a good project. Karma, Magnum, Kelmark, Eagle GT, I loved 'em all!

Doug

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
There was a company in the U.K. that made a bang-on replica of the 246, but I don't

We all know about Ferarri's legal sharks and how they shut down anyone attempting to replicate their products.....nobody makes a replica of the 246 Dino anymore, I wonder if that's why.

At one time I was under the impression that if your product included at least ONE feature that was distinctively different from the original, you would not be guilty of "trademark infringement" or theft of "intellectual property", whatever. All of the 246 Dino replicas produced in the U.S. lacked the "opera window" right behind the doors, an obviously distinctive difference. I could see that Ferarri would go gung-ho after your U.K. company that made a bang-on replica, that seems to be Ferarri's style, but why the other replicas have dried up is beyond me. Perhaps Ferarri's legal badgering just made it too costly to reproduce the 246 replicas even in the U.S., where even if you don't stand a chance of winning a lawsuit you can sure make the process very expensive for a defendant.

But, then again, we still have ol' CS here in the U.S......suing away to his heart's content, making life difficult for many of the replica manufacturers :thumbsdown: despite his frequent losses in court.
<SIGH....>

Doug

Hey Mr. Eagle GT you still out there?

Jozz
Yes sir. My own personal Eagle GT project I am working on has body revisions and a Northstar DOHC VVT with Weber style throttle body FI.

Attachments

• Veloce_GTS8_side.jpg
    Veloce_GTS8_side.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 256
  • Veloce_gts8_overhead.jpg
    Veloce_gts8_overhead.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
Don't know if these guys are still in business, but they sure make (or made) a good looking 246.
home

Be nice if someone tooled up a version (with subtle tweaks to keep from being too near an exact copy) for here in the states.

I bilieve they were the company that I could not recall, long gone now I'm afraid. They also did a 250LM that looked spot on.

Back