Door roundel sizes ?

Thinking about the size of the door roundels.
I would like for the top of the roundel to be slightly down from the side windows as in the picture, this would intersect the cill stripes nicely. Also the roundel has to be more forward on the door and not central because of the body lines.
Typically what is the size of other cars roundels out there ?
Rear canopy and front nostril roundels will be slightly smaller.
Question is also in my build log
Cheers

Attachments

• web 0347.jpg
    web 0347.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 419
  • web 0360.jpg
    web 0360.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 469
Hi Kieth,
I don't know what the diameter is, but I thought the proportions on this looked just right (sorry I can't remember whose car it is)

Regards
Andy

Attachments

• side roundels.jpeg
    side roundels.jpeg
    225.8 KB · Views: 653

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Every time I see Linden green, I think it is fabulous for a 40.

Mark,

Now there is at least one thing we can agree on, that linden green is absolutely stunning!

If I ever have to repaint the plastic Ford, I'm going with lineden green.

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
You are right again, I'll paint mine linded green if you paint yours linded green, it was good enough for David Piper:)

Last edited:

Malcolm

Supporter
Keith, I measured mine yesterday and the door ones are 20 inches. I would agree with the other comments that between 20 and 22 inches would be good.

You are right again, I'll paint mine linded green if you paint yours linded green, it was good enough for David Piper:)

Similar, but David's is BP Green. I thought seriously about it, but she who must be obeyed (and signs off on the cheques) said, (and I quote), "If that bloody car arrives back here in that colour, after five years' of scrimping and saving to build it, I'll set fire to the damn thing!" (End quote).

So I guess it will have to be Rosso after all! :embarassed:

Mark, My girlfriend (looking over my shoulder and appearing quite sheepish) has offered to answer your question about that inch or two. Yikes!

Andrew

Supporter
First I must say sorry for the incredible thread bump BUT I have my reason I promise! Looking at decals and roundels currently..... the break in the side stripe to allow the roundel to sit..... is this a bespoke thing or do the decal manufactures make them like this?? If so who does them like this?

Thanks all

Capture.JPG

Malcolm

Supporter
Lol

If you fix the roundel on in one peice onto the door and sill panel then all will align well. Then how I did it was to use Mr Stanley's knife and slice it side to side. I used to slice it in the upper half of the door gap so that more surplus was on the lower section of roundel. Then I simply pressed each part of the roundel down onto the underside of the door or onto the side panel. With more surplus on the lower bit of the roundel the roundel reached in far enough for the edge not to be seen from the outside.

Back