DRB land

What's news in the world of DRB? Anything new happening. I heard there is a DRB GT40 forsale for $250 000. Is this true?

No offence to the guys who built that car which surely would be a ripper, but they have rocks in their head if they think they will sell it fir 275K.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
No offence to the guys who built that car which surely would be a ripper, but they have rocks in their head if they think they will sell it fir 275K.

Yes, I think the quote from the movie The Castle is appropriate.."Tell em they're dreamin''.
Very nice car though.

Wow.......what a good example of a GT40. Top dollar machine and I can see 250k. Especially if you're paying someone to build it.

Hi all,

If the GT40 has been professionally built is it realistic to see a figure over $200,000.

Whilst I have not seen the car up close it certainly glows with professional build and quality fittings. It does not take much to see dollars run up at $75+ per hour

Not to mention some of the fittings and finishes.

I recently had a lengthy discussion at Hallet Raceway at the Mid America event about the CSX5000 Shelby Cobras and the comparison with the aluminium Kirkham Cobras cars.

After much discussion we agreed to disagree that some of the Kirkham aluminium Cobras can be worth more and can be considered more desirable than a Shelby continuation car.

:idea:

So is a/this quality built and professional built DRB worth more than a continuation GT.

Or what is the more desirable? Both cars side by side I would be confused as I prefer the exact or close replica...

Just my thoughts. What would you select if faced with this decision or choice......:uneasy:

After looking at the photos again I found it interesting to see the rear section and the lower lip. The rear lights certainly are a change from the norm..

The other thing that caught my eye was the screen under the rear window...:idea:..something different.

Bernie

Hi Guys, theres an old saying, "Its worth what someone will pay for it" There is no doubt that it is very well crafted and a credit to the builders, a little to far from original for my taste, the bling wheels and rubber band tyres on GT40s don't do it for me personaly but IF it were to sell for that money then it sets a pressident that I don't imagine to many GT40 repilca owners would be TOOO upset about and lets be Honest There has been Exact Replica's in the UK and Europe on the market for 275k "Pounds" thats twice what that car is and at the end of the day it maybe exact but its still a Replica. The other thing that is driving the price you might get for a good replica is the price of the "Real Thing" and correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that is around $1.5m or could even be pounds for the last one sold, and even if you have the money, what are the chances of someone selling one. So good luck to the guys selling this one as it can only help keep your investment in your own car Healthy

Cheers Leonmac

I agree and setting a value on what is a tupperware car (custom chassis/plastic body) is worth. But if you take all the money spent on the car then it should be worth at least that. DRB have been around for a long time and their product is one of best. I think people don't realise how easy they go togethor. When was the last time you heard a DRB owner crying about body alignment and locating the spider correctly. My car was not perfect but gee I enjoyed building it. DRB never hassled me about how i wanted to build the car or critised me when i went my own way.

I ordered a heap of parts from them a month ago and the longest wait was 3 weeks for some custom bits. No empty box's in the mail..

Good onya DRB keep up the great work. You got me a customer for life.

There is a used DRB from AUS in Hemmings that looks pretty good. Are these cars a good quality?
The car is LHD, 302/347 roller, porche 915 transaxle, heat/AC,Forged Aluminum uprights, 11" disk/FT-12"disk/rear, GT40 seats, 5000 miles. From the pictures it look pretty well set up and the color is nice.
Opinions?
Garry

DRB has a good solid product that won't fail. Peter R has done thousands of km's sorry miles in his and it's still going. The finish of any car is down to the builder. Mine went together well and after looking at all the kits and coming close to buying some of the more flash variants I find I keep coming back to GT40s Australia.

If it falls into your price bracket then go for it.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
There is a used DRB from AUS in Hemmings that looks pretty good. Are these cars a good quality?
The car is LHD, 302/347 roller, porche 915 transaxle, heat/AC,Forged Aluminum uprights, 11" disk/FT-12"disk/rear, GT40 seats, 5000 miles. From the pictures it look pretty well set up and the color is nice.
Opinions?
Garry

The quality of the DRB Body/Chassis is top class, the finished quality depends on the builder. If it was a turn key built by the factory it will be excellent.
As always try before you buy.

Pete and Dave,
Thanks for the information. Yes, this appears to be a factory made product. Any thoughts on the 915 transaxle?
Garry

The 915 is also a tough transmission, but earlier and less capable than the G50. I believe they will handle 400hp in a street car driven in a reasonable manner, but there are Forum members who have much better info on these than I do.

Having visited the DRB production factory, and witnessed the welds, reinforcing plates, etc. put into the chassis, plus the careful body alignment and solid fibreglass (doors that click shut beautifully, for instance), I endorse Pete's comments on the quality as an overall statement. For any specific car, check it first, as he says.

Dalton

I'm working on getting another DRB...There are a few around in different build stages. Julian DRB#67 entered a State round hillclimb on Sunday and won his class. Says alot for the Design and handling. I just want a solid no nonsense easy build.

Back