DRB no.72

hoppy
That exhaust sounds OK ( I Know somehow ) . The car looks good . It will be good to see it in the flesh in "64" days (even less now)
I intend to start my own build thread one day when I can work out how.
Hope to see you shortly.
Kevin

hoppy

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Kevin,
After the plates (69 GT40) are fitted the real exhaust will go on.
Actually 54days to go but who's counting.

Hoppy

Good to see another gt40 coming close to drive away. Did you consider the 5.4ltr BOSS motor to go in it, or was it a big price difference?

When is the next sausage sizzle at DBR?

Subyrurockonsmile

hoppy

Lifetime Supporter
G'day Scott,

I did consider the 5.4 but wanted to be closer to the marque so went for a Windsor,although in hindsight I would have been better off with the later engine as we would not be having to rush to get it past registration before the end of the year.

In regard the sausage sizzle at DRB,as far as I know,it is the first Sat of the month,seems everytime I am in country the first Sat of the month they had moved it to the last Sat of the previous month,which is why I have not been able to make it to one.Contact PR for details.

hoppy

Lifetime Supporter

Attachments

• 153_aug07.jpg
    153_aug07.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 951
  • 155_aug07.jpg
    155_aug07.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 918

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Hoppy - fantastic progress ! The car is looking great & I bet you are chomping at the bit now that things are so close !

There are a few "shared" bits floating around the GT40 fraternity (like exhausts, induction systems, even whole engines), but to make the incredible progress on your car, you must have another secret up your sleeve (some compromising pics of PR perhaps ?) :) Care to share ? :D

Great work mate - you'll soon be having the time of your life !

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

hoppy

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Peter,

To the best of my knowledge(I am on the other side of the world),the only borrowed piece is the exhaust set up which is the tried and proven noise level system that PR uses for his turn keys.

Progress is great if somewhat faster than expected.

May even be able to sit in it and run the engine in Oct when I am in Brissy.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I'm with you Peter D, I reckon Hoppy has something really scary on PR to get such priority service.

Its Looking great Hoppy..Have you decided on a colour scheme yet?

hoppy

Lifetime Supporter
Pete,

So far have been able to resist temptation and am sticking to my original paint scheme of bright red with full blackout treatment with black sill stripes and chromed alloy fittings.

Although a nice silver or gunmetal grey is always in the back of my mind.

I think that the GT40 is unusual in looking extremely fast in a wide range of colour schemes, from the dramatic such as Pete's (bright exterior, splashes of interior colour, shiny wheels) to "authentic" Gulf, to bad boy plain or dark colours with black wheels, and everything in between. Your car has been built to a very high standard, and would look great in many styles.
Why not treat it to a re-paint every two years, to try some schemes? Probably you will be busy catching up with those house renovations and paint schemes instead.

Keep up the good work,

Dalton

hoppy

Lifetime Supporter
Dalton,

You are right in that the GT40 is one of those cars that just look great in a variety of colours or schemes,I can't think of one instance where I've seen a picture and thought "I don't like that".

As for house renovations,I think you have me mixed up with someone else.I just had to buy a new house to accommodate No72 in the style befitting it and,as I work in Afghanistan, dealing with tradesmen is almost impossible(been trying to get a driveway extension and shed built for 6 months now).

hoppy

Lifetime Supporter
Dash coming together.

Attachments

• Dashboard_210807_002.jpg
    Dashboard_210807_002.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 759
  • Dashboard_210807_003.jpg
    Dashboard_210807_003.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 783

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Nice Hoppy, I really like the white face instruments. Maybe you should call your car Apache Cat. (a horse I won a new set of tires on, Saturday) As you can see from the photo he features a white face also.:D

I know what you mean about tradesmen, so much building going on in Bris-Vagas you cannot get them. From Kabul it must be almost impossible.

It took me nearly three years to get my house built, the projected time was 12 Months.

I'll have a Crownie on ice for you when you get back.:chug:

Attachments

• 00008583-image.jpg
    00008583-image.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 661

hoppy

Lifetime Supporter
Pete,

A new set of tyres(must have had a chunk of change on that one).

In country Bathurst weekend (warm the set and cool the tinnies!).

Later

hoppy

Lifetime Supporter
So close you can smell it.

Attachments

• 169_sep07.jpg
    169_sep07.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 696
  • 171_sep07.jpg
    171_sep07.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 715
  • 172_sep07.jpg