3) Ferrari 512 BB
4) De Thomas Pantera GT5s
5) Porsche 917 short tail
6) Ferrari 288 GTO
7) BMW M1 Pro Car
8) Chevron B16 or B8 (Can't decide)
9) Ferrari 512 S
10) Ford GT

My list is actually something that I really like to have, something that I am looking forward to, a shopping list, if you will.

1. 1988 Honda Civic Hatchback (from my college years, super dependable car, 300k+ miles on it and still going strong)
2. 1965 Ford Mustang Coupe
3. 1965 Ac 427 Cobra Replica
4. 1965 Ford GT-40 MK I Replica
5. 1957 Ford Thunderbird
6. 1967-68 Austin Healy 3000 convertible
7. 1955 Chevy Pick up or 1955 Ford F-100
8. 1969 Dodge Charger

Well, maybe just 8 cars. And the dream car, the car I know I am never ever ever ever gonna own, but would like to is the MacLaren F1.

I am 3/8's of the way, and planning on the 4th, so, I´m a happy man.

Not Easy.....and in no particular order

1) GT40 Mk1 (childhood dream and now sitting in the garage)
2) Dino 246 GTS (flairs and chairs)
3) 67 Ferrari 330P 3/4
4) 69 Ferrari 312 P
5) Pagani Zonda F
6) Porsche 917 Gulf Car
7) Miura SV
8) Countach LP 400 (still the best looking of the bunch)
9) 1275 Mini Cooper S (My first car and for the memories alone)
10) Mclaren F1

The last one with Halle Berry and Elsa Pataky in hte other seats.....hey you said it was a dream.

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
In my perfect, mulit-car world, cars are like clothes. They must suit what you feel on any given day and you don't always feel like sitting in a rocket. BUT, style and appearance are always important.

I have a list of 25 must-have cars that was hard to pare down to just 10, but here is my top-ten:

GT40 MK1 (for those raw, frenetic days when you really need to let off some steam)
Ferrari 288 GTO (as above, but with plans for a nice dinner at the end of it)
DeTomaso Mangusta (some days you just want to sit in a comfortable chair with a glass of fine Port and just admire its beauty)
DeTomaso Pantera Gr4 (Jeans and tee-shirt ass-kicking days)
Audi S5 (my current favorite executive personal transport device)
Audi S8 (for when family or out of town guests arrive and you need to carry more than two)
Lamborghini Miura (for days when a drive around the hills of Monaco is all you have planned)
McLaren F1 (just because it really is one of the best cars in the world)
Masaerati Ghibli Spyder (for cruising through Napa and along the north coast of California)
Ferrari 250 GT Lusso (possibly the most beautiful cars ever made)

and the rest:
Citroen SM (because sometimes being weird is OK)
Ferrari Daytona (can't have the perfect collection without one)
Lamborghini LP400 (sans crud please)
Aston Martin DB4 Zagato
Peugeot 205 Turbo16 Gr B (for the cottage)
Camaro RS-SS (1969 of course)
Maserati Bora 4.9 (understated '70's cool)
Iso Grifo Targa (really fair-weather, really old-school exec. transport)
Ferrari 512BB
BMW 3.0 CSL (bad weather daily driver)
Porsche 928 GTS (daily driver on "suit" days)
Ferrari 330 P4 (for when the GT40 is broken)
Mercedes C111 -II (not that the Merc museum would ever let it go)
Ferrari 412 (fair weather old-school executive transport)
VW Toureg2 Diesel (for towing and garden-crud hauling duty)

Mark

Mike Pass

Supporter
My list

Ford GT40 Mk1
Porsche 917
Ford RS200
Ferrari 275 GTB 4cam
Ferrari 250 GTO
Aston Martin BD4 Zagato
Chevron B8
Ferrari 288 GTO
Lola T70
Dodge Charger R/T

Oh no! that can't be ten already!
Cheers
Mike

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Well, 10 seems to confine some of you, but I'd really like to hear your dream car. The dream car you'd build if you had unlimited time, money, and tools/experience at your hands. If you could build one car, what would it be?

And to clarify "Build" I mean take a normal stock vehicle, and build it to your specs/desires. This is where you let your imagination run wild and see how creative you can get.

Let's hear them!!!

marc

Lifetime Supporter
Such an interesting question with so many ways to go with it.

First question is to qualify it. What is a dream car. something just to own? Cause some of us ain't gonna fit is some of our dream cars. Where to drive it? 6 wheel tyrell on the street is going to create quite a stir. IF you had unlimited money what cars would you have in your museum (not drivers). Or same question IF these cars are drivers.

If I am going to build, unlimited budget, unlimited maintence cost, no risk, I still could not pick one vehicle to build. It would be 2 or 3 different ones.

1 would be hi po electric with some serious battery technology (the stuff now is not there yet)
2 jet turbine (I wanna be Jay Leno)
3 BOSS 429 or ZL1 COPO that can actually turn worth a damn.

Well, 22 years ago I asked myself a similar question...what 5 cars would I want most in my garage. The list was:

MKI GT40
DeTomaso Mangusta
Ferrari 246 Dino GTS
Lamborghini Miura
an open cockpit race car (ala canam, sports racer, etc.)

Then I set out to make it happen. I have been fortunate to now have them all in my barn..sort of. (I settled for a Superformance MKI GT40, and the ship sailed on Miura prices before I could find one, so I got a nice Series I Espada that allows me to enjoy that fantastic Lambo V12 with 3 passengers. Sadly the downturn forced me to sell the race car last fall, but I had a ball with it for six years and have a big photo mural of it on my end wall.)

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Well, 22 years ago I asked myself a similar question...what 5 cars would I want most in my garage. The list was:

MKI GT40
DeTomaso Mangusta
Ferrari 246 Dino GTS
Lamborghini Miura
an open cockpit race car (ala canam, sports racer, etc.)

Then I set out to make it happen. I have been fortunate to now have them all in my barn..sort of. (I settled for a Superformance MKI GT40, and the ship sailed on Miura prices before I could find one, so I got a nice Series I Espada that allows me to enjoy that fantastic Lambo V12 with 3 passengers. Sadly the downturn forced me to sell the race car last fall, but I had a ball with it for six years and have a big photo mural of it on my end wall.)

*Long distance high five*

Good job sir!!!

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Daryl and I have similar taste.

I have had some of my dream cars and let them go.

But if I had money to burn like our current government, I would have

1 #1075 Gt40 MK1
2 Ford RS-200 Evolution
3 Ferrari 288 GTO
4 Ferrari 275 GTB-C
5 My old Pantera Back, oldest to be know in existence.
6 Mura SV
7 Daytona Coupe
8 Mclaren
9 Porshe 904
10 Audi A8 (Just as a beater)

Ah yes, the dream garage/car collection. What man in his right mind (literally, logic and mechanical ability are birthed in the right hemisphere of the brain) hasn't daydreamed about this?

The cars are the hard part. I only want a few production automobiles, the rest would be kits and or one-offs.

1) McLaren F1
2) McLaren MP4-12C
3) Alfa Romeo 8C
4) Ferrari 458
5) Galmer Arbitrage (never got launched)
6) Hummer H1 with Duramax Diesel
7) Mercedes Unimog

The garage...that's easy.

It would be a purpose built structure, on the outskirts of a private race course. It would have a mezzanine apartment with plate-glass windows so I could gaze down upon my empire, radiant-floor, a slew of CNC machines for one-off production of assorted parts and gizmos, and all the equipment one would need to maintain and build/rebuild every automobile I own or wish to own. And it would look like a museum dedicated to high-tech and speed.

Awww, the dream...time to wake up now!

Back