Eye brow removal?

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
I have an spf Mk1, with two Gurney bubbles,

The bubbles and the eye brows make the whole roof area look crowded. I was thinking of removing the eye brows to clean up the area.

I'm not planning on tracking the car so high speed lift should not be an issue and I'm in California and supprise showers just don't happen so
I'm not to worried about leaking.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Change them for the aluminum ones painted to match. The black plastic eyebrows are very noticible on many colors, color keyed ones "be\lend".

You can remove the external eyebrows and achieve the same effect with the internal support method used on CAVs (and others) - a very nice and simple/elegant stainless steel "tab" attached to the interior side of the top of the door which extends below the narrowest part of the spider when the door is closed. Works like a charm. I'll try to dig up a pic.

Hi Jim, i am sorry.

I mean, have a look by RCR europe. There is a good and simple solution.

EGLITOM, he is a member here in this forum, and he has wrote here. One over mine.......

Greez, Mike

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Well, I have removed the eye brows:

Before I decided to go ahead, I looked very carefully and my doors seem to fit very tight, I could see that the doors never actually touched the brows, even when at speed on the freeway I could push up on the doors and feel when they touched the brow.

The car looks much better without them and for the kind of driving I do I don't think I'll need any additional retainers.

Back