F1 2007

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Pete,
"I screwed up my video tape"
:lol::dead:
We'll have a whip round to get a dvd system for you and I'll bring it to Monaco 2008. :pepper:
Some of them are now as small as a VHS tape......

Keith

Keith, that bad eh?

Bearing in mind the only vaguely exciting event was a puncture, I am seriously considering dropping F1 now & going back to watching Professional Paint Drying, followed by Girders Rusting at weekends... :zzz:

That'll bring some excitment back into my life for sure....

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Pete,
"I screwed up my video tape"
:lol::dead:
We'll have a whip round to get a dvd system for you and I'll bring it to Monaco 2008. :pepper:
Some of them are now as small as a VHS tape......

:lol: I know, but it took me a year to work out how to program the VHS.:confused:

Keith I did get a copy and watch it. It must be tough being the commentator and trying to make it sound exciting. I thought the poor bloke was going to wet himself when Lewis blew his tire.;)

I see that Flavio had Bo Derek on his arm. He manages to share himself around.:rolleyes:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
It's that time of year again and the walls of Monza echo to the sound of F1 and Gp2 engines along with the sound of gypsies stealing anything they can lay their hands on from the motor racing fans around the camp sites dotted around the circuit. If you are going, be warned. Take nothing valuable. The Police and Caribineiri will do absolutely nothing on your behalf. They know who has stolen goods in their posession i.e. Race Tickets, cd systems, portable generators, expensive clothes, but they will do absolutely nothing. Apparently there are 600+ 'families' in the Milan area and it seems the 'law' will disappear to order.
If you are going there, please be careful.

Keith

Can confirm this. An ex girlfriend was "mugged" at Imola a couple of years ago, and by a brood of young Romanian children. Unfortunately, it was witnessed by many Italians who chose to ignore her plight - thankfully, an irate local Italian shopkeeper came to her rescue and explained that these "refugees" enjoyed the protection of the Catholic Church and therefore no-one would intervene. I don't know how true this is but it certainly ruined our weekend..and I've not returned since..:mad:

Hum..keith, think you are referring to ROM usually mismatch with romanians.
Also in Romania I know nobody likes those shitty people,cause they live only outlaw.

The situation of law and safety down here is really problematic....hope we can solve this asap.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Paolo / Fuorisirie - Will you be anywhere near the area outside the Lesmo curves over the weekend of the Gp ? If you are and feel like a beer or vino, let me know.
Dave M:chug::chug:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Keith,
there are so many fans who will never return to Monza because of the problems endemic with Southern Europe and soon to be anywhere in Europe in a car park near you.
Offences involving cars involving eastern European drivers are a regular occurrence here in the home counties. I fear we cannot turn the clock back and get out of the EU whilst we have the total dick heads both in, and out, of government. If most of the right thinking citizens who originally endorsed the EU could reverse their decision
in the light of the current immigration nightmare in the UK (apparently 700 arriving every day from Poland alone) then the stupid governmant (we, the masses put them in power) might not have to build more prisons and open up more old military bases to incarcarate them before this idiotic system in power here in the UK pay them hideous amounts of money and house them because they have 14 children under the age of 6 and the only qualification iamongst the whole lot s the unmarried expectant mother who has a degree in finger nail painting.
They are knocking on doors now asking for any work going but apparently also casing your joint.
rant over. Time to take my tablets.....

Last edited:
Paolo / Fuorisirie - Will you be anywhere near the area outside the Lesmo curves over the weekend of the Gp ? If you are and feel like a beer or vino, let me know.
Dave M:chug::chug:

Ahhhh,
very nice, and me? Are you snobbing me, now? Shall I get completely drunk alone?
Advise.
Wanni

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Wanni,
Absolutely not. I return to Imola tomorrow (Tuesday) and will call you in the evening.
I plan to come by the restaurant either Tuesday evening which depends on Luigi and Stella Landi or Wednesday lunchtime or evening. My only comittment is to collect wine from Castle Bolognese.
Dave M

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
THERE IS NO BETTER SOLUTION FOR TOYOTA THAN RALF SCHUMACHER.
So says his manager.
For Toyota, there is no better solution on the market than Ralf," the veteran of 74 grands prix in the 70s told the newspaper Bild.
"Ralf already knows how to win races and has a wealth of experience."

and the result:
Toyota will not be taking up the 2008 'option' on the German racer's existing contract. It was reported on Wednesday that Cologne based Toyota had decided against extending 32-year-old Schumacher's $19m a year deal.

Now Toyota might get their act together.

Last edited:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
The newspaper Bild lat week says that Toyota can afford up to $40m for 2008 to tempt the deigo Alonso.
We wouldn't get out of bed for that sort of money, would we?..............

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
$50M maybe.....LOL.

Seriously - I wouldn't think there would be enough money on earth to tempt Alonzo to Toyota.

Money should not be one of his concerns at this point in his career - winning titles should be - and to that end, Toyota is obviously not a candidate at this time.

Back