F1 2007

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Wanni,
After the Gp in Istanbul my equipment returns into Trieste on 29th August and I will then be driving to Imola to re park it for a few days prior to Monza. I'll give you a call when I'm in Imola.
Dave M

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
The Spanish newspaper Diario As is claiming that 26-year-old Alonso has already decided to leave McLaren in order to re-join Renault or switch to BMW.

He is "even considering the possibility of finishing this world championship with another team", 'As' added, even if it means sacrificing the 2007 title.

"His situation at McLaren is untenable," the newspaper - also raising the possibility of an internal anti-Alonso 'saboteur' - continued.

"We can reveal that Fernando wants to stay with the Silver Arrows for not a minute longer.

"When a driver loses the confidence of his team, there is no turning back."

What a bunch of tossers.......

Keith

Who tossers Dave.... ?

The newspapers

Alonso

McLaren

The Anti-Alonso Saboteurs

All of the above.......

Wanni,
After the Gp in Istanbul my equipment returns into Trieste on 29th August and I will then be driving to Imola to re park it for a few days prior to Monza. I'll give you a call when I'm in Imola.
Dave M

Bene,
Imola - Crevalcore only 60 km.
Motorway
Imola - BO S.Lazzaro
OUT - tangenziale
follow Milano
Exit S.Giovanni in P - OUT - go right
Now 27 Km
Pass: Bargellino - S. Giacomo - S.Giovanni - Amola and finally Crevalcore
Traffic light with commercial center on the left - Turn left
2nd on the right - Park in the area in front of the Banca di Firenze.
By walk go down the street ( via Roma ).
Another Bank on the right, then an Ambulance facility and then....finally
Ristorante - Taverna Roma.
Open
Monday to Friday : 11.45-14.45 / 19.30-23.30
Saturday and Sunday: XXXXXXX 19.30-23.30

Mobile: +39 335 5953275
Restaurant: +39 051 6800222

See you then

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
All IMHO really. What a total debacle and farce this season has turned into.[/quote

Handbags at ten paces.
Actually David, in Oz we call them wankers:eek:.
Lets hope the Spanish press are wrong and FA stays the season, the fights between him and LH should be fun.

I'm almost feeling sorry for Uncle Ron..............I did say almost.;)

P.S. I got your email. Thanks.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Dave,
Your accute observation is quite correct. Of course it's nothing new at all. If it was really a sport, I think I would have better expectations on how the rules were regulated and adhered to. But it isn't a sport, it's a form of show business with high finance thrown in and the rules they use are just like a big ball of bandaids.
Everytime somebody transgresses or a previous rule doesn't suit a particlar team anymore(and some are more particular than others!) , they get a smack and another sticking plaster is applied to the rules by way of a change.

Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Lewis didn't use the F word.:D

Lewis Hamilton says that he did not use "the F word" to Ron Dennis in Hungary and would like the world to know that he is still a thoroughly wholesome fellow and that things are now calming down with Fernando Alonso as well.
"For the record, Fernando and I are fiercely competitive and respectful of each other," he said, by way of a McLaren statement. "We are both ambitious drivers who want to win. However, we are not drivers at war, as has been widely reported. Although we did not speak on Sunday we have spoken since the weekend and continue to have a professional working relationship. In fact, Fernando and I plan to meet up over the holiday period.
"As an individual in my first year in Formula 1 I have done my utmost to conduct myself in a professional and open manner. Of course, I have made mistakes, not least during the last weekend, and those are open to public scrutiny.
"I have my own regrets and have dealt with matters arising. However, it is disappointing that inflammatory and untrue material is given to the media and published which may damage reputations. This inflammatory material is then commentated on by many others as if it is factual.
"I felt it important to set this matter straight."

To see what?
They are getting crazy to increase the show and the interest in F1. They are making stupid rules.
There is only 1 rule they should introduce.
Go back to steel brakes and that's it.
They will start to brake 250 m before and not into the corner, allowing some overtaking and by this solution the top speed will decrease considerably due also to the aerodynamic changes made in order to cool down the brakes. This will be the item to be managed during a race.
Who agrees with me???

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
To see what?
They are getting crazy to increase the show and the interest in F1. They are making stupid rules.
They will start to brake 250 m before and not into the corner, allowing some overtaking and by this solution the top speed will decrease considerably due also to the aerodynamic changes made in order to cool down the brakes. This will be the item to be managed during a race.
Who agrees with me???

Good idea Wanni.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
The CEO of Spyker's sports-car making parent has stepped down amid speculation that he might buy the Silverstone based F1 team. Recent press reports said the Dutch marque was on the verge of financial collapse, including the projection of a substantial loss in 2007.
The Dutch news agency ANP on Tuesday added that CEO Michiel Mol, having only recently taken up the position, has now departed, to be replaced by Hans Hugenholtz.
Several potential buyers are interested in the formula one team, ANP said, including Mol, who could not be contacted for comment.
To the Dutch magazine Formule 1 Race Report, Hugenholtz played down suggestions that even Spyker's short-term liquidity is in doubt.
"That is an invention of the press," he said.
"What is correct is that Michiel has resigned as CEO. And I am his successor.
"The reason for that is that Michiel wants to buy a larger share of the formula one team. So he possibly would have had a conflict of interest.
"The Spyker formula one team does and will continue to exist."

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
To see what?
Who agrees with me???

I absolutely and totally agree with you.

Even,
I would limitate the size of the front disks, in order they fit into the actual rims.
270 mm wth 32mm width to the front and 4 pistons calipers.
The rear is free, just to be polite.
If I can stop my 2 tons Mazda 6 SW TD with 240 mm, why they shouldn't brake a half a ton car with a CV = to the CV of a wall?
Competition means development for technologies used in a next future on standard vehicles.
Who is gonna have carbon carbon brakes on his station wagon? Nobody.
Better they concentrate the research on steel disks in order to move a step forward the commonly used brakes.
ciao
wanni

Back