F1 2008

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Tuesday 12th November 2007
F1SA reports:

Stefano Domenicali will replace Jean Todt as Ferrari's team boss from 1 January 2008.
The announcement follows Honda's confirmation that Ross Brawn, who had been expected to return from sabbatical to head the Prancing Horse, has decided to join the Japanese outfit as team principal.
"Before the end of 2007, the details on the organisation will be made available," Ferrari said

Tuesday 12th November 2007
F1SA reports:

The announcement follows Honda's confirmation that Ross Brawn, who had been expected to return from sabbatical to head the Prancing Horse, has decided to join the Japanese outfit as team principal.

No bets on where Napoleon will end up, then.

Tony Hunt

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I think it may be retirement - to Elba or even St. Helena ?
He has that sort of 'aire' about him.
Not really sure if Todt and Fry (of Honda) get along well enough.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Mike Gascoyne , 'chief technology officer' for team India, formerly Spyker, formerly Midland, formerly Jordan has threatened to quit Team India.:rolleyes:
The reason:
Team India might sign Ralf Schumacher for 2008. :eek:
Whatever. :confused:
Either eventuality will not make a lot of difference.:dead:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
From Grandprix.com.

Nick Fry and Ross Brawn have been discussing how they are going to work together in the future at Honda Racing F1. Fry said that he had spent seven months chasing Brawn and that the hiring of the former Ferrari engineer as the Honda team principal was "a clear indication of Honda's intention to remain and be successful in Formula 1".
Fry admitted that he and Brawn has had "many hours of discussions" and said that he had concluded that they both had similar outlooks and approachs.
"In terms of job responsibilities. Ross is team principal and is organizationally in charge of the team," Fry said. "I will take charge of the commercial side, the marketing, sponsorship and the legal side."
Both men will report to Honda board member Hiroshi Oshima, who is Honda's general manager of the corporate communications division.
Brawn said that 12 months away from F1 had been an interesting experience.
"It helped to focus on what I enjoyed about racing and I did miss it," Brawn said. "I was coming to the conclusion I was missing racing and wanted to get back into it."
Brawn said that he had some very amicable discussions with Ferrari about returning to Italy but said the team did not offer him the challenges he was looking for.
"Honda has a fantastic racing heritage," he said. "They have the commitmenmt to meet the challenge. There are not many opportunities in F1 that give you that."
Brawn said that there is not much that he can do to influence the 2008 car which is now being manufactured and said that he had no idea how long it would take to make Honda competitive because he has not had the opportunity to see how the team works.
"What I have done is get an assessment of the people who own the team and I was convinced that they have the commitment and the resources. I am very impressed with what I have seen so far. The facilities are not the reason we should not succeed. Honda is much closer to success than Ferrari was when I joined 10 years ago."
Brawn said that he did not intend to take a hatchet to the existing staff and hopes to use his experience to mould a winning team with the existing people.

Yeah right, when the boss says he does not intend to take a hatchet to the existing staff everyone better lookout.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Fry could be one of the first to be 'promoted sideways' along with no-hoper Barichello and the 'world' paint scheme.
Just as an aside the Hawker Tempest aeroplane used to fly 5 knots faster unpainted.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
From F1SA
Bernie_Ecclestone_2.jpg
Ecclestone

Bernie Ecclestone threatens to retire if Raikkonen loses title : -

The appeals court of the FIA, to be heard in London on the 15th of November 2007 will be hearing McLarens appeal against the stewards decision regarding the Williams and BMW Sauber fuel irregularities in the Brazilian GP.

In the event of the BMW Sauber and Williams teams being disqualified, Ecclestone has said in a comment to the Guardian: "If anyone thinks that is the best thing for Formula One, then I would have very serious thoughts about me retiring."

Him being so tiny and with such a tall wife, I don't think he could afford to retire. She'd have him up at the Labour Exchange straight away.
Bernie03.jpg

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Times from testing in Barcelona yesterday:
1. Michael Schumacher, Ferrari, 1:21.918
2. Luca Badoer, Ferrari, 1:22.133
3. Pedro de la Rosa, McLaren, 1:22.687
4. Heikki Kovalainen, Renault, 1:22.802
5. Robert Kubica, BMW Sauber, 1:22.883
6. Gary Paffett, McLaren, 1:23.008
7. David Coulthard, Red Bull, 1:23.159
8. Kazuki Nakajima, Williams, 1:23.187
9. Jarno Trulli, Toyota, 1:23.624
10. Nick Heidfeld, BMW Sauber, 1:23.671
11. Nico Rosberg, Williams, 1:23.847
12. Franck Montagny, Toyota, 1:23.861
13. Sebastian Vettel, Toro Rosso, 1:24.048
14. Andreas Zuber, Honda, 1:24.065
15. Sebastien Bourdais, Toro Rosso, 1:24.193
16. Anthony Davidson, Super Aguri, 1:24.245
17. James Rossiter, Honda, 1:24.480
18. Karun Chandhok, Red Bull, 1:24.896
19. Giedo van der Garde, Force India, 1:25.317
20. Roldan Rodriguez, Force India, 1:26.297

Like the german MS has never been away..................
Today he'll be running alongside Massa.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
From F1SA - Comments from Honda TV:
Ross Brawn has taken the wind out of speculation that Brazil's Rubens Barrichello might not be retained by Honda in 2008.
It was reported recently that, although the 35-year-old penned a new deal in July, F1's most experienced driver could lose the ride if Honda find a better alternative in the wake of Fernando Alonso's impending impact on the driver market.
But after Brawn on Monday was confirmed as Honda's new team principal, the former Ferrari technical director said Barrichello and his teammate Jenson Button are both "more than capable" of winning grands prix.
Brawn, 52, worked with Barrichello between 2000 and 2005, when the nine-time race winner was Michael Schumacher's teammate at Ferrari.
Barrichello failed to score even a single point in 2007, but Brawn said Honda's problem was not its drivers.
"The drivers are not an issue," he told reporters on Monday.
"On his day Rubens was as quick as Michael and Jenson is outstanding.

Called softening up before the 'knock out' blow. Watch that space.........

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
German magazine Sport Bild claims that the 52-year-old Briton, who worked at Ferrari throughout the Michael Schumacher era as technical director, has prepared a 'shopping list' of preferred appointments to power the Japanese outfit's return to the winner's rostrum.

Well, that didn't take long.....

The disappearance of Honda's infamous 'earth car' does not mean the Japanese team has abandoned the concept, according to a spokesperson.

So now you know........​

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
From F1SA
Bernie_Ecclestone_2.jpg
Ecclestone

Bernie Ecclestone threatens to retire if Raikkonen loses title : -

The appeals court of the FIA, to be heard in London on the 15th of November 2007 will be hearing McLarens appeal against the stewards decision regarding the Williams and BMW Sauber fuel irregularities in the Brazilian GP.

In the event of the BMW Sauber and Williams teams being disqualified, Ecclestone has said in a comment to the Guardian: "If anyone thinks that is the best thing for Formula One, then I would have very serious thoughts about me retiring."

Him being so tiny and with such a tall wife, I don't think he could afford to retire. She'd have him up at the Labour Exchange straight away.
Bernie03.jpg

The owner of F1 trying to influence the descision of the FIA appeals court???:eek::mad::yuck:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Patrick Head, Williams, was reported as saying he would not be surprised to see Michael S at Mclaren alongside Lewis H next year.....
Give me a break.:dead:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I can. I can remember him in Benetton alongside Johnny Herbert.
In Sao Paolo, I remember Johnny had to give/surrender any data he had
achieved to MS but it was a one way thing. But it didn't bother Johnny that much.
It was that weekend he showed me how to drive a hire car on two wheels - we/he drove into the hotel front area like that, dropped it back onto 4 wheels as it stopped, and we then jumped out handing the keys to the valet to park it.
It made TV though.
I digress.
Yes - he (MS) hasn't always worn the red.

I cannot imagine Ferrari without MS, and I can't imagine MS without Ferrari.

Too much at stake.

completely agree Dom,
MS explain very well how poor and sad is formula 1 today, with the too many BS happened in this year. (last one is L Hamilton moving to switzerland ahahahahahahaha...and the reason that poor guy had to move..ahahahahaha...kmon...)

Michael is still the best..also after 1 year of stop..too fast in car..and too fast also in bike(look what he did with Casey Ducati)

really Schumy uber alles.

John,
The article is here enclosed, also if in italian:

Michael Schumacher, test MotoGP con la Ducati 2007 di Stoner: velocissimo! | Derapate

I try translate..always always sorry for my english..

Michael tested Casey Stoner Ducati gp7 for over 50 laps in Valencia track.
This was not just an exhibition, but a real test with a personal best of 1'37'890, just 5 seconds far from the time of Pedrosa, winner of the race.

No way to be the second pilot of mclaren next year...more easy to see him in motogp!

;)sehr gut michael!

Paolo

Thanks for that. Interestingly there have been a number of bike/car rider and driver swaps in the UK useually for some TV car program. In general the bikers in a car get closer to the drivers best lap times than the drivers on a bike can get to the riders. Not quite sure why this is but having track day'd a Yamaha R1 and raced a 170bhp vintage Riley It may be because it is much more difficult to approach the limit on a bike 'cause your brain constantly reminds you that if you overstep it a bit it can be seriously dangerous to your health.

John

Back