F1 in 2014.

Similar to the overhead photos. This was a multifaceted FUBAR (F**k'd up beyond all recognition). Had Perez not changed lines Masa probably would have forced contact at or beyond the apex of the left hander given his speed, ie. Masa's fault. Had Perez made his move earlier and not in the braking zone contact might have been avoided altogether giving Masa a chance to react. So, given the outcome, I think the decision to penalize Perez was the "most correct" one:

Attachments

• 10441440_681039445284771_7989817202741985961_n.jpg
    10441440_681039445284771_7989817202741985961_n.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 190

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
O.k. Now we have resolved that issue there was a young bloke with a big smile who did an outstanding job to win. Well done Daniel.:pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::chug:

Keith

What's interesting is, according to radio comms. (Published elsewhere) Daniel was told by pit wall to "hang back and conserve tyres" he replied: " no, if there's something going on ahead, I want to be part of it" and pressed on, with the astonishing result!

Now that, gentlemen, is the mark of a true racer and a future champion! :thumbsup:

It also confirms what I have been really disliking this season: the driver is beginning to become a mere drone for pit wall.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Well I thought Silverstone was top notch racing with lots of drama. Well done Lewis, bad luck Nico and Philippe. Kimi that was an own goal. I can just imagine Kimi being interviewed, "Kimi what happened?" "I spun, it hurt a bit".
Best on ground Alonso, closely followed by Ricci and Jenno. And Vettel once again proved he is a total wanker.

Keith

Well I thought Silverstone was top notch racing with lots of drama. Well done Lewis, bad luck Nico and Philippe. Kimi that was an own goal. I can just imagine Kimi being interviewed, "Kimi what happened?" "I spun, it hurt a bit".
Best on ground Alonso, closely followed by Ricci and Jenno. And Vettel once again proved he is a total wanker.

Got to agree Pete but honourable mention to Massa for that heroic avoidance. Anyone doubting the abilities of even a "No 2" F1 driver ought to watch that clip and marvel at his reaction time, thus saving KR from a possible very serious injury.

Lauda's comments on the red flag were interesting. Basically, they shouldn't have red flagged the race, just put the safety car out until the wreckage could be cleared away.
He specifically said 'There was zero chance of another driver hitting the damaged Armco - they should have carried on racing, not stopped for an hour to fix it.'
What if someone had hit the damaged Armco, Niki? Would you have had the job of telling the dead driver's team and parents?
Very odd, coming from someone who was such a passionate safety advocate, particularly during the period when Rindt's death was Armco-related.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Got to agree Pete but honourable mention to Massa for that heroic avoidance. Anyone doubting the abilities of even a "No 2" F1 driver ought to watch that clip and marvel at his reaction time, thus saving KR from a possible very serious injury.

Yes it was awesome reaction time, especially as he was unsighted under the wing of whathisname.

Back