F1 in 2016

Keith

And how come Russia is in the Euro2016 Football Championships? According to the "EU" even Turkey should be in bloody Europe!

Enough already,

Vote Out this Thursday!!

Malcolm

Supporter
Can anyone explain how that circuit got sanctioned? Most of it reminded me of Indy Car road circuits (which is fine) but some of it was tighter than a tight thing gone through the wash on a very hot cycle!

Keith

Can anyone explain how that circuit got sanctioned? Most of it reminded me of Indy Car road circuits (which is fine) but some of it was tighter than a tight thing gone through the wash on a very hot cycle!

I think that's very polite of you Malcolm. I think it was actually tighter than my first wife's *lk*hjj&g when she b*n*d*d ov**eer* and lic*k*f*r*s

anyway, that's another story...:drunk:

Keith

But they didn't seem to 'curb' young whippersnapper's capacity for exploring the outer track limits!

Great qualy though, there's nothing like a short sharp shower :thumbsup:

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Most excellent last seven laps. My heart rate must have been in zone three until the very end. Can't wait for the fallout (if any). Good stiff questions to Nico by Will Buxton.

Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
What a farce from the Stewards imposing a penalty on Rosburg that didn't penalise him.
Good race, best drive a toss up between Jenno and Max, I'm leaning towards JB.

Keith

Good race. I didn't personally think Rosberg did anything particularly wrong as it was always going to be a dangerous/provocative maneuver by Hamilton.

It just proves that Hamilton is a worthy champion, but I had to chuckle when he came on the radio a bit child like and said "why has (Rosberg) got different tyres than me"? (Cue stampy foot) Of course the answer was that Rosberg had no choice as he only had a set of SS left while Hamilton was able to put on the S (harder) tyre which eventually proved the winning combination but you could hear "conspiracy" in his squeaky complaint...

Well done JB! :thumbsup: The McLaren looked handy at times and I believe they are really only being held back by fuel consumption issues now... He was certainly able to run with the 'Bulls for a while...

Nico Hulkenburg! What a horror! :stunned:

Keith

Looked at the Hamilton/Rosberg incident from a different camera angle and have changed my view. He (Ros) appears to 'straight line' the corner with the result he ends up practically T-boning LH. So I would say that Natural Justice prevailed.

Mike Pass

Supporter
Yes indeed. The video from Rosberg's car is pretty damning. He is way away from the apex and takes only a token turn on the wheel and makes no real effort to turn into to the corner in the normal way at the normal position. He then compounds it by trying to block LH's return to the track. He knew he was going to get passed as LH was way quicker on his tyres. This sort of thing you might expect in FF but in F1 it is a bit sad and silly as everything is seen from lots of angles. I do hope he is not becoming the new Schumacher as he is generally an excellent driver. The punishment was light probably because it did not trash LH's race . If it had put LH out then I think he would have been hit with a much more severe penalty. He was lucky that the 10 secs did not move him one more place back.
Cheers
Mike

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
The BS is the Stewards didn't effectively penalise him, sure he got a time penalty but it didn't change the standings, so no real penalty at all.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Just watched it at a bar in Stockholm, replay. Outstanding race behind Lewis, and a great drive by Lewis.

Verstappen seems to be the real deal. And everyone was havig issues with turn 1 in the wet. Alonso, Hamilton, Rosberg, Vpen, many others off there. Lots of slidy sideways action on a drying track.

Thoroughly enjoyed the Verstappen/Rosberg back and forth, and Kimi's hunt for 5th.

Damn if Kimi ain't showing Vettel how it is done lately. Third in the points! Ferrari must see something in the data to bring him back next year rather than go after Bottas.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Agree with Jeff. I rank my races by the number of times I; 1) fast-forward, or 2) nod off. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being I sat upright and attentively), I'd give it a 7, which isn't bad. 4 out of the 10 was due to the rain, and 2 more points went to the usually Rosberg entertainment factor.

Hmmm, wonder what, if anything, I could say that would induce David into a smidgen of a comment here?

Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I also agree with Jeff, I thought it was a cracker of a race with fights for position going on throughout the field. The only downside for me was the nanny state start under safety car.
And of course as soon as the safety car went in half the field pitted to change to inters, which caused a far more dangerous situation than if they had been allowed to race from the start.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Drive of the day went once more to Max, mainly I suspect for his pass around the outside of Nico. I disagree I think the drive of the day goes to Lulu, he won the race managed his fuel and tires and didn't need to be coached. (Sarcastic dig at Nico).

Back