Fatal GT40 Accident - Please tell me this is not Toms RCR GT40

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Truly a sad day, and a vivid reminder how these awesome vehicles can suddenly rear up and bite us. This is one of my greatest fears. You spend years building a high performance car, one that is exhilarating to drive, but respected in all ways, and then innocently enough, "something" happens and my wife is getting a call from first-responders.

Keith

Lifetime Supporter
Very bad news. I swapped information with Tom a lot during my build. So so sad to hear.
My prayers are with Tom and his family.
Just another reminder that these cars are not toys and must be treated with great respect.
Keith

Tom,
I'm very sorry to hear about this and wish you a full and speedy recovery.

My condolences go out to the passenger's family. I hope they can all heal with time.

A very sad day indeed. My condolences to the passenger’s family and I wish Tom a speedy recovery.
Has anyone any further news on Tom’s condition?
Andy

Its strange how we get to know people through this forum even though we never actually meet most of them and then you hear of a tragic situation like this and find yourself feeling the heartache of knowing a friend has been injured or worse. Get well soon Tom and my sympathys go out to your friend and his family.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Update:

I just spoke with Michael, Toms son.

There has been little to no change since Saturday, Tom is still in an induced coma to allow him to heal.
He has some pressure on the brain which is not uncommon with an induced coma I am told,he also some broken riibs.

I passed along everyone best wishes for Tom and the families...Michael was very gracious and said thanks to us all.

As I dont want to burden the family with calls and questions , I asked if Michael could now email me with any updates on Toms condition

Thanks for the update Fran. I am sure you will, but please pass along anything you can. I had just emailed Tom the week prior. Seems to be a really nice guy. Hope he recovers soon.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Thank you very much for the update Fran... We continue to pray for full recovery for Tom and healing for the family of the lost passenger..

Its strange how we get to know people through this forum even though we never actually meet most of them and then you hear of a tragic situation like this and find yourself feeling the heartache of knowing a friend has been injured or worse. Get well soon Tom and my sympathys go out to your friend and his family.

I feel the same way. I'm not one to post public condolences but I keep checking this page to see how Tom is doing. It's been on my mind a lot. We exchanged emails very recently about my build. It is amazing how you can attach yourself to someone by watching the progress of building a car. You really get to know someone by sharing a passion and reading all of the details of that passion. Terrible news indeed. I'm very sorry for the loss of the passenger and I pray to God that Tom recovers from this accident. Huge perspective check.

Thoughts with Tom for a full recovery, and the loss of his friend, which he will most likely not be aware of yet. That is going to take great strength to get through.

Thoughts with passengers family, for their sad loss.

Jong

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Through Google's translation engine you basically get the same information that all the other websites are carrying:

Google Translate

Urs

Supporter
Thanks to fran for the News.

All the best wishes to Tom.

And condolence to the passengers Family.

Urs from switzerland

Back