Father and Son

Hello guys my Name is Louis Maffioli from Torrance CA, cars are my passion my old man now retired Ford mechanic told me a lot at an early age, I've build multiple cars (5) from the ground up, I'm now 44 years old working at a local BMW dealership in the Los Angeles area.When I finished my 1933 Ford 5 window Hotrod I told my self that is it!! Last one no more car building for me !! Well that all changed last November when my 17 year old son (Ryan) was diagnosed with osteosarcoma a very rare type of bone cancer that affects teenagers, I ask him what his dream car was and he said a GT40, I started looking for an unfinished Gt40 but everything out there was out of my reach till I came across a guy in LA working on the movie industry that happened to have a left over RCR MKII body from the film fast and furious 5, we just place an order for a chassis tube flat pack kit with a cage and chassis panels from Darren at Gt forte in UK,
also we bough front and rear corvette C5 suspension and brakes. My son is looking forward and very excited about this build is helping him staying strong and motivated, almost done with treatment :thumbsup:

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to the forum Louis.
Glad to see your son likes the right cars and I hope all goes well for him.

Building a 40 is a great experience for a father and son team and hugely rewarding during the build and also when finished.

There is a great wealth of knowledge on this forum and all you have to do is ask and you shall receive.

Enjoy
Dimi

Louis,

congrats on joining the madness...

The body is actually a Mk1 not a Mk2

Don't hesitate to give us a shout for parts like windows, headlights etc to help you finish off your build

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Louis - Welcome to GT40's!!!

Congratz on your purchase!

Many thanks for your consideration and warm welcome guys, Fran thanks for the correction on the model designation, we really appreciate any help you can provide us, we are grateful to have an RCR, the craftsman is exceptional on this body.
I'm proud of Ryan not only does he know the right cars but also he's a great student graduating high school with honors he was accepted at multiple universities !!what a great Kid and a huge heart!! an amazing brother too.
It is great to see him motivated, we are both disciplined and patient having that advantage along with the support from the Gt40 community will make this possible

Back